Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven. - page 82. (Read 73502 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 10
New algo? Grin Interesting, in 3 days we'll know how this will work, without premine or anything else.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
excellent coin, my miners are ready!

everything configured beautifully on floonet, looking forward to the mainnet on jan 15th
Activity: 314
Merit: 108
hi, the project looks good.

quick question: if Grin is not SoV, what about the accounting?
if Grin will be used in business, i think needs some transaction statements for the financial reports
Activity: 1022
Merit: 391
Hi guys, I have a question .
What does  mining on testnet means exactly? it means that the coins that i mine now till january 15th doesn't have any value and i cannot trade them on exchange? thanks !

Obviously they are not worth anything, as in any other coin in the testnet!

Support rx580 4gb?

Currently only NVidia cards are supported but they are already working on AMD, but surely you will not make it with only 4Gb .... it will take at least 5.5Gb for the moment.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
nice man, iam going to mine some Smiley
copper member
Activity: 21
I'm wondering if Grin mining will be integrated into the upcoming Coinmine One shortly after launch.

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
Ok I can't figure out payments from pools. It says you can use an online wallet. So is there a windows wallet that is obviously online/connected or is there a web wallet only that is to be used?
Someone please clarify this and provide a link to the "wallet"
Thanks
Activity: 75
Activity: 1764
Merit: 570
Twitter\X @AlexKosa1
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
What does  mining on testnet means exactly? it means that the coins that i mine now till january 15th doesn't have any value and i cannot trade them on exchange? thanks !

Right, the testnet ("floonet") is just to test that you have everything ready for Jan 15. The floonet coins are worthless.
Activity: 3
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Excuse my noobishness on the subject but... isn't Cuckoo Cycle PoW ASIC mineable?
If not, what makes it different from ASIC mineable Cuckoo algos?
Would be a shame if after all this talks/threads about mining with GPUs and CPUs on day 1 resulted in total pounding of the network by ASICs.

It's using a modified Cuckoo Cycle algorithm called Cuckaroo which will be tweaked as necessary to remain ASIC-resistant. However, it's planned to phase in support for ASICs, with the goal of having an algorithm that's as easy for ASICs as possible so that everyone can buy ASICs, and nobody has an advantage.
That's quite an interesting take.
So basically it's asic resistant at the beginning but plans to open up to asics in the future - if and when asics become mainstream.

You just described most of the mining algos of today. Except this time around it's disguised in a statement of intention! Grin
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
What are the requirements in Afterburner for 1070 cards? Thanks
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
Excuse my noobishness on the subject but... isn't Cuckoo Cycle PoW ASIC mineable?
If not, what makes it different from ASIC mineable Cuckoo algos?
Would be a shame if after all this talks/threads about mining with GPUs and CPUs on day 1 resulted in total pounding of the network by ASICs.

It's using a modified Cuckoo Cycle algorithm called Cuckaroo which will be tweaked as necessary to remain ASIC-resistant. However, it's planned to phase in support for ASICs, with the goal of having an algorithm that's as easy for ASICs as possible so that everyone can buy ASICs, and nobody has an advantage.
Activity: 1021
Merit: 324
This project is reserved for skills IT guys, this is very difficult to setpu miner for regular guys like me

This is one of the easiest coins I have ever seen to mine. At least on Windows, haven't tried Linux yet.
Activity: 44
Anybody getting the following error messages while trying to mine under Windows 10?
I've got RX 580 8 GB.
Miner connects to the pool and mining simply won't start.

ERROR   Listen errorEnd of Stream encountered before parsing was completed.
Activity: 1
Possible to mine on ARM devices ?
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
For those that are interested in mining this guide at launch these video guides should be helpful.

How To Mine GRIN - Mining Guide For MimbleWimble Cuckoo POW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKCa6PvrlRc

How To Mine GRIN - Nvidia GPU Mining Guide For Linux Ubuntu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N2b7SuOQjE
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
infinite supply?
this is first time to see POW with infinite supply.

Tail emissions are extremely important as coins are lost/destroyed and it allows for growth, many coins have them. They are usually very small just to keep the network secure after the initial rewards period ends.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Possible nothing miner for nvidia rtx 2080 on windows 10 and no wallet ?

Wtf ?

Pages:
Jump to: