Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven. - page 85. (Read 73502 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset
are you making any bounty for Grin?
content creation, social media, translations?
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
Activity: 1050
Merit: 295
it will be like aeternity that uses this type of algo, and can only be mined with gpu 1080, so we won't be able to do mining if that happens
Time to start lining up for OTC deals or them exchanges then.
OFC we'd have to wait for theymos bag to get filled first if we're all going OTC.
Finally found a project I really wanna put my back into, only to come up against these hurdles... a crypto worth fighting for? Challenge accepted!
Activity: 254
Merit: 131
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
Activity: 194
it will be like aeternity that uses this type of algo, and can only be mined with gpu 1080, so we won't be able to do mining if that happens
Activity: 86
acpool.pro will be support Grin after launch
Activity: 3
Merit: 9
So looks like it wants only linux or mac no windows?

I have some very nice windows amd thread ripper cpus

Mac is supported, I just dont have a guide for setting it up yet Wink

There are also a windows miner and (as of yesterday) an opencl miner plugin.

Ref:
  The opencl mining plugin cmmit:  https://github.com/mimblewimble/grin-miner/commit/df08a457811c46d9741f811ab74b6436e75daa16
  The windows miner project: https://github.com/mozkomor/GrinGoldMiner

Also, there is recent news about lower miner memory requirements:  https://www.grin-forum.org/t/gpu-mean-memory-reductions/1517/2
Activity: 31
Nice, lets see if it will be launched on time, or delayed like many other projects Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Our future BTC
I am impressed!
The theymos himself speaks kind words about the Grin
It looks very promising, and if something goes wrong, the Theymos Administrator , will be able to buy your coin. Wink
Activity: 493
Merit: 15
what's the algo?
any pool or miner for AMD or just solo mining?
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
What is the economic model?  I read a while back that there was something funky about it and not that appealing. 

1 grin is created per second on average, forever. Similar to XMR. Not ideal IMO, but it does tend to be deflationary long-term.
Activity: 146
I can translate into Italian if needed
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
Awesome! I heard about grin a few months ago and almost forgot about it. It's still extremely different from what I'm used to, what with there being no addresses etc, but I'm excited to learn more. Time for a crash course before the 15th!
Activity: 49
Activity: 662
Merit: 545
What is the economic model?  I read a while back that there was something funky about it and not that appealing. 
Pages:
Jump to: