Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HAM - HamRadioCoin - SHA 256 - Crypto on the radio! Official Thread - page 12. (Read 71681 times)

Activity: 340
Merit: 250
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we added your coin to our pool! We hope to see some of you pop by, Also for more info please see our ann here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zapminer-pool-beta-1161096

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
Thank you so much great coin and i have a some BTC of this coin trading
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Anyone make the suggestion to make a site with Morse code or practice test for the licenses that give away Ham coin for completing the sessions or tests?  Just curious as it would get coin people to start learning about amateur radio while making it fun.  I know Morse code is fading away, but still fun and practical sometimes!  (BTW, I learned to copy high speed Morse code in the Air Force, and they basically used a computer game to teach it very effectively.  Many ppl made it to 20wpm in a month or so.)

Seems like you do have two worlds to draw from here and I would think at least some of the coin guys would become interested in Ham radio.

I do like the QSL cards with wallets.  That would spread the coin around very fast.

Not sure how the radio world meets the coin world with regards to the coin being worth money, but sure would use it to garner interest in radio in any way it could.

Always love to hear new ideas. That's what amateur radio is all about...

We have started to go in the direction you mentioned some educational and study material has been added to our forum http://www.hamradiocoin.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85
We have several Extra class radio operators involved and one is even a VE testing examiner, we are working on a possible weekly or bi monthly
online training class to occur on our msg boards to assist in pre exam coaching... We will update as we get closer to implementing our Elmer study assistance program. I personally have offered to sponsor a few noob's by paying the 15 dollar licence fee and so have a few other's involved with HamRadioCoin we are getting closer day by day. Remember HamRadioCoin was created to promote and support the growth of the Amateur radio hobby for future generations...

Absolutely, I am looking at it from the point of view that many coin people might be inclined to look into Ham radio, being interested in techy type stuff anyway.  If the coin accomplishes that, it is great. 

It would not hurt for the coin to grow either, as it would be a great source of funds for radio in all kinds of ways.  I have thought since I first found alt-coins that they act as a great multiplier for a project as a certain amount of funding grows exponentially when people buy into it. 

Both the radio hobby and the coin hobby are here because people want to test new ideas and have a place to see what they can do.  Blending them should just create more interest for both, I would think.

Activity: 550
Merit: 501
Anyone make the suggestion to make a site with Morse code or practice test for the licenses that give away Ham coin for completing the sessions or tests?  Just curious as it would get coin people to start learning about amateur radio while making it fun.  I know Morse code is fading away, but still fun and practical sometimes!  (BTW, I learned to copy high speed Morse code in the Air Force, and they basically used a computer game to teach it very effectively.  Many ppl made it to 20wpm in a month or so.)

Seems like you do have two worlds to draw from here and I would think at least some of the coin guys would become interested in Ham radio.

I do like the QSL cards with wallets.  That would spread the coin around very fast.

Not sure how the radio world meets the coin world with regards to the coin being worth money, but sure would use it to garner interest in radio in any way it could.

Always love to hear new ideas. That's what amateur radio is all about...

We have started to go in the direction you mentioned some educational and study material has been added to our forum http://www.hamradiocoin.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85
We have several Extra class radio operators involved and one is even a VE testing examiner, we are working on a possible weekly or bi monthly
online training class to occur on our msg boards to assist in pre exam coaching... We will update as we get closer to implementing our Elmer study assistance program. I personally have offered to sponsor a few noob's by paying the 15 dollar licence fee and so have a few other's involved with HamRadioCoin we are getting closer day by day. Remember HamRadioCoin was created to promote and support the growth of the Amateur radio hobby for future generations...

legendary

legendary
Passed this on to my Dad.  He always tinkers!  I would like to see both coins and radio keep growing.  Both will be part of the future for sure.  I will check back periodically.  Best of luck.
legendary
Spreading the word to some Hams that I know.  I think coins and amateur radio fit well together, especially since it is all about exploring new tech.  Best of luck, always good to bring ppl into radio.
legendary
Outstanding!  Love this idea.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Hi to all!

Now you can play to HAM Games directly on your Android devices!

With our new applications can access immediately to the HamRadioCoin games on your Android.

The service is offered by www.cryptogaming.club

The application is running as using the mobile website, allowing you to deposit and collect the HamRadioCoin.

Do not close the application before having received the remaining amount or risk losing your HAM.

Good fun!

HamRadioCoin "DICE Game" for Android: http://www.yurl.link/yNujO

HamRadioCoin "Wheel of Fortune" Game for Android: http://www.yurl.link/5Qhlv

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Its funny I have been thinking about having the blockchain on shortwave radio for awhile now. I just found the pool on manhattanmine and pointed a couple of miners to it.
My question is how do I actually get a setup to participate in getting the blockchain on shortwave?
I apologize in advance since this question must have been asked many times by now.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Happy Birthday guys! I will hang out in the #hamradiocoin chan on the server today in case anyone celebrates there. Cheesy
We are pleased to announce that today, July 1, 2015, HamRadioCoin celebrates its first year!
The road is still long but we got there!
Thanks to those who believe in our project, to those who belong and also the curious.
For the occasion, you can participate in the lottery by replying to the official post and by entering your message and the address of your wallet HAM!

http://www.hamradiocoin.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83#p214
You can participate until July 7 and the draw will take place on the 8th!
Good luck!

Prizes will be as follows:

1st place: A complete SDR receiver. With this device you can receive all radio transmissions from 23 to 1800 MHz, all mode (AM/FM/USB/LSB/CW etc.) After need to provide a shipping address, details via MP
This device can be used on Android, Windows and other operating systems with a USB port for external devices.
We will send you the full kit, USB receiver, CD with software or link to the free software. Just install the software and you can immediately use your new radio receiver. Generally there is no license requirement for receive-only devices.

2nd place: 5,000 HAM to your wallet

3nd place: 2,000 HAM to your wallet

4nd place: 1,000 HAM to your wallet

We would like to welcome you to the HamRadioCoin community and take the opportunity to wish you all happy holidays to you and your families.
Always remember, amateurs are all one big family and always available to anyone who is in trouble!

Images with SDR receiver in use:

You can download the wallets here >   http://hamradiocoin.com/download-wallets
legendary
Activity: 1064
HAM will be 1 Year old in a few days Grin

Time for an Anniversary giveaway?

Keep watching for upcoming news...  Wink

Awesome news garmin, I'll keep on the watch. I have some in cold storage, but have damn near lost all my play ones in that addictive wheel game. Tongue
HAM will be 1 Year old in a few days Grin

Time for an Anniversary giveaway?

Keep watching for upcoming news...  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
crunck
I put a few TH on it Crunck  Wink

HAHA it's you is it Smiley

Thanks, it seems we have been fairly lucky so far with 7 found Smiley

10 Wink

32 now Smiley
That's some pretty good going considering we were only hashing around 3.5TH
Ive spoke to the owner of https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ham/# and umine will be getting tagged on there so hopefully that will drive more miners to the pool Smiley
I put a few TH on it Crunck  Wink

10 Wink
legendary
crunck
I put a few TH on it Crunck  Wink

I put a few TH on it Crunck  Wink
legendary
crunck
Big Thanks to Crunck for the new mining pool and dice game, We will add it to the OP  Grin

Added to

www.umine.co.uk

Pool set @1%

Username: your hamradiocoin wallet address
Password: anything
Algorithm: sha256
URL (difficulty 8 ): stratum+tcp://umine.co.uk:3095
URL (difficulty 32): stratum+tcp://umine.co.uk:3078    <------- Vardiff Port
URL (difficulty 256): stratum+tcp://umine.co.uk:3283

Dice Game and Wheel Game Created

Direct Dice Link : http://cryptogaming.club/ham

Direct Wheel Link : http://cryptogaming.club/hamw
Have fun!

Spread some hash power and help me find our first pool block Smiley

A huge thanks to the guys at cryptogaming.club

A great game is in addition to users HamRadioCoin!
  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: