Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HAM - HamRadioCoin - SHA 256 - Crypto on the radio! Official Thread - page 8. (Read 71678 times)

IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

After the agreements with the association A.R.S. continue events of HamRadioCoin to unite the world of amateur radio with that of digital currency.
This is the start of some practical steps that go in this direction.
Every amateur of the world that will send a APRS message to station IR4AZ between 15:00 UTC on 13 November 2015 and 15:00 UTC on 15 November 2015 containing the address of wallet HAM will receive 10 HAM at the end of this period.
Each contact that sent the address is entitled to receive 10 HAM to its wallet.
All messages received will be displayed on: http://aprs.fi/?c=message&call=IR4AZ
All transactions at these stations will be published on the forum of HamRadioCoin in a dedicated thread.

If you do not have a wallet you can download it from http://www.hamradiocoin.com/download-wallets/

Ta. Got HAM -- but in the crypto world, 'India Mike Zulu' is at Lake Muir, very bottom of Western Australia, running the Net off a YAGI antenna.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Hello HAM members!  questions about specs if thats ok.  how many confirms does it take to spend received coins?  how many confirms before being able to spend a mined block reward?  ty for your time.
Activity: 126

After the agreements with the association A.R.S. continue events of HamRadioCoin to unite the world of amateur radio with that of digital currency.
This is the start of some practical steps that go in this direction.
Every amateur of the world that will send a APRS message to station IR4AZ between 15:00 UTC on 13 November 2015 and 15:00 UTC on 15 November 2015 containing the address of wallet HAM will receive 10 HAM at the end of this period.
Each contact that sent the address is entitled to receive 10 HAM to its wallet.
All messages received will be displayed on: http://aprs.fi/?c=message&call=IR4AZ
All transactions at these stations will be published on the forum of HamRadioCoin in a dedicated thread.

If you do not have a wallet you can download it from http://www.hamradiocoin.com/download-wallets/
IMZ
legendary
Did I read that you guys chat to the cosmonauts?

Mark

It is possible, but we have only sent APRS txt type messages to the ISS.

Hmmm . . .  'APRS txt type message' will do, garmin. HAM in space!

Mark

Activity: 126
Original post: http://www.hamradiocoin.com/hamradioirc-client-windows-portable/

Hello everyone! We are happy to announce that they released the first version of the client, portable version for Windows, of HamRadioIRC.
This is another step to connect the world of amateur radio with that of digital currency.
Our network of dedicated servers are hosted channels for amateurs and enthusiasts digital currency.
This is the first client dedicated to this network.
Version 1.0 of the client is based on mIRC 7.43
Here you will find the description of our IRC network:
http://www.hamradiocoin.com/irc-ham/

Being portable, you can use it on USB stick without the need to install it on a PC.

DOWNLOAD HamRadioIRC Client 1.0 (Windows Portable): https://mega.nz/#!jBpGEYQA!zoIdOeS6Skh9x8KkdrHBLD-I-fW9q-bUOcEm5HtoKR8

Simple guide to setup HamRadioIRC Client for Windows: http://www.hamradiocoin.com/hamradioirc-client-help/

--

--

--
IMZ
legendary
Did I read that you guys chat to the cosmonauts?

Mark
legendary
Activity: 1064
Just noticed my connection to irc.hamradioirc.net is broken, but still reachable on freenode. Ya know, I may have discovered a use for that old irc code we discovered last summer.

Found a few more interesting links to look at regarding meshnet. Been working on tiny server, still has mem issues however. ( Unrelated to the platform) :-/

IRC is working fine again.

Block Halving coming soon, about 7200 blocks and the HAM reward drops to 3.125 per block.

Wink

I saw that, got back on this morning and spoke with IZ4WNA for a bit. He seems to like the idea of HAM having an Electrum wallet.
Activity: 550
Merit: 501
Just noticed my connection to irc.hamradioirc.net is broken, but still reachable on freenode. Ya know, I may have discovered a use for that old irc code we discovered last summer.

Found a few more interesting links to look at regarding meshnet. Been working on tiny server, still has mem issues however. ( Unrelated to the platform) :-/

IRC is working fine again.

Block Halving coming soon, about 7200 blocks and the HAM reward drops to 3.125 per block.

Wink
legendary

IMZ
legendary
Did I read here that you guys chat to the cosmonauts? They probably wouldn't set up a qt, as the Russians aren't big on Bitcoin; but is it possible?

"Crypto already in space, Shepherd!

I understand that the Ham Radio Coin guys [ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=856464.400 ] chat to the cosmonauts. Could the cosmonauts set up a HAM wallet? I understand yes, but I'll check.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia"

http://cryptomoms.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.msg5356#msg5356
IMZ
legendary
Hey, Siameze. Hmmm . . . I'll just pop in here to the thread sometimes. We like to keep in touch with a community if we hold the coin. Have bought just handful so far, to check the price and volume.

Mark
legendary
I am lousy at IRC, but I will pop in here sometimes, and see how things go.

My mob -- 'IndiaMikeZulu,' an alliance of coiners -- is changing its focus just a little, having a look around. (Bought a tiny pinch of HAM today, but will have to consider if I can cram one more qt on my laptop.)

(Sigh, it sounds a bit trollish -- but true: I was a radio operator in airborne infantry in the late 70's. If nothing else, I got to see an enormous amount of Australia. On foot. Carrying a 'PRC-10' with the b@#%^y 10-foot antenna.)

Mark

@IMZ Mark - hamradiocoin also has a ultra-sweet Android wallet if you have such a device. I don't personally use QT wallets ( I prefer the daemons/servers only) but it may be an additional option to consider.

At any rate do feel free to visit us in chat sometime and get some free HAM during rains or on cryptopia. If you have IRC troubles, feel free to PM me and I will link you to a web-based client so you can connect easily. I'm not a big fan of the cryptocat route some of the UNO guys are using. Kinda messy and insecure.  Undecided
IMZ
legendary
I am lousy at IRC, but I will pop in here sometimes, and see how things go.

My mob -- 'IndiaMikeZulu,' an alliance of coiners -- is changing its focus just a little, having a look around. (Bought a tiny pinch of HAM today, but will have to consider if I can cram one more qt on my laptop.)

(Sigh, it sounds a bit trollish -- but true: I was a radio operator in airborne infantry in the late 70's. If nothing else, I got to see an enormous amount of Australia. On foot. Carrying a 'PRC-10' with the b@#%^y 10-foot antenna.)

Mark
legendary
Finally doing a little more research on this crypto (because Siameze works here). Birthday next month!?

Any Australians here?

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

The only cryptocoin ( aside from BTC ) that can be sent over radio waves. They even have a faucet for it: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/27265-1st-real-ham-faucet-via-radio/

I'll let garmin chime in to answer your question if there are any Australians here - I have met people from all over in this community, HAMs are a very tight group that always seem to pull together to help each other out. Couple of posts back I recall one of their members lost his antenna to a storm, community pulled together and got him back up and running in no time.

Disaster strikes and I need a way to transmit funds quickly and reliably I'm gonna go with hamradiocoin.  Cool
IMZ
legendary
Finally doing a little more research on this crypto (because Siameze works here). Birthday next month!?

Any Australians here?

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
legendary
Finally got to post this:

Special thanks to @Garmin for the sweet box of HAM-related goodies he sent me via post. Sent one of these: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketItem/1955 and too many other great things to list which will assist me greatly in testing things for hamradiocoin. You have gone above and beyond ensuring developers have the things they need to keep the wheels moving.

There is certainly no other community of geeks like this one. I daresay no other altcoin community has the level of technical expertise and support that this one does.  Grin
legendary
In response to the above @garmin: Done.

I suppose that crypto island we have been trying to build for the last year sounds better and better.

In other news, garmin and I continue our daily discussions on the new project. Anyone that would like to contribute or bounce ideas off of us feel free to show up in irc. You just might be rewarded with some coins Wink

Stay tuned, it is good to see this thread active again.
legendary
Waiting for new developments-

If the internet were to fail... So would Bitcoin, but would it actually hurt HAM?

Getting closer to the ultimate goal day by day  Wink

I've managed to stay in touch with garmin all this week. I'm going to give early props to him (and HAM community at large) for the very generous equipment donation being prepared.

In our conversations this past week, it seems that a lot of the things I was already working on and the p2p ideas are in alignment. I am very excited to be working with such a professional group of geeks.

Getting all devs together: Rember all that stop here that hamradiocoin has it's very own irc server and it is very nice and has good uptime. Most devs are on irc anyway but I would like to get some folks together and see what skillsets are in play here. If anyone is on freenode, I believe there is still a #hamradiocoin channel there too, but there aren't any bots available.

IRC really is a geek tank isn't it . lol

Always has been and always will be. I like how folks sometimes love to reinvent the wheel, but irc still rules for this sort of thing. You can even bolt-on web stuff to keep it user friendly.

I do still maintain that old ajax chat for a friend of mine, I'm not sure why he loves the damned thing so much but to each his own. Hell I am sure you can remember what social media was like in the days when we first started. Cheesy
Activity: 550
Merit: 501

If the internet were to fail... So would Bitcoin, but would it actually hurt HAM?

I've managed to stay in touch with garmin all this week. I'm going to give early props to him (and HAM community at large) for the very generous equipment donation being prepared.

In our conversations this past week, it seems that a lot of the things I was already working on and the p2p ideas are in alignment. I am very excited to be working with such a professional group of geeks.

Getting all devs together: Rember all that stop here that hamradiocoin has it's very own irc server and it is very nice and has good uptime. Most devs are on irc anyway but I would like to get some folks together and see what skillsets are in play here. If anyone is on freenode, I believe there is still a #hamradiocoin channel there too, but there aren't any bots available.

IRC really is a geek tank isn't it . lol
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: