Pages:
Author

Topic: <ANN> HoboNickels HBN Mandatory UPDATE to version 1.1 - page 4. (Read 61227 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
I had calculated the efficency from the official TDP Value on wikipedia and the max. Hashing  values of the Litecoin wiki.
The 7970 and the 7950 are identical efficent in theory.Why do you rate the difference as "nowhere near"?
Any examples or experiences? (So far i tested 7970, 5970 and 6870)

I recognised that some manufatures are better than others.
so i gett only 710khash out of the possible 800khash.

With your power costs, you need to get a cheap asci, like the AM BE. Then mine and dump a SHA256 coin. ZET is hot right now. But I would dump it and buy and hold HBN for the SUPER efficient stake.

If you would like to take a gamble on an ASCI miner and help your fellow man out, see my sign.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I had calculated the efficency from the official TDP Value on wikipedia and the max. Hashing  values of the Litecoin wiki.
The 7970 and the 7950 are identical efficent in theory.Why do you rate the difference as "nowhere near"?
Any examples or experiences? (So far i tested 7970, 5970 and 6870)

I recognised that some manufatures are better than others.
so i gett only 710khash out of the possible 800khash.
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
hello,

thank you for the info.

Sadly this isnt profitable for me, i make minus. I get approx 200 HBN per day with my  overclocked 7970 at 710Khash.
It takes 0,365kw per hour (8,76 kwh per day @ 0,249€). for the HBN i get approx 0.02293100 BTC 0 2,06€ but my Powercosts are 2,18€.
So i will search for something else.

Does anyone make Profit here? i mean the 7970 is the newest card atm (exept 7990 which is hard to get)

At your price per kw you will be very hard pressed to make money on any coin.

Not to mention the 7970 is nowhere near as power efficient as the 7950. On the other hand, I usually only mine coins that I believe will be more profitable by holding them long term. I think the POS interest on this coin makes it a possible long term winner. Those who only mine to sell and buy Bitcoin are not helping the altcoin scene.
legendary
hello,

thank you for the info.

Sadly this isnt profitable for me, i make minus. I get approx 200 HBN per day with my  overclocked 7970 at 710Khash.
It takes 0,365kw per hour (8,76 kwh per day @ 0,249€). for the HBN i get approx 0.02293100 BTC 0 2,06€ but my Powercosts are 2,18€.

Does anyone make Profit here? i mean the 7970 is the newest card atm (exept 7990 which is hard to get)

At your price per kw you will be very hard pressed to make money on any coin.
hello,

thank you for the info.

legendary
Activity: 1198
damn, got this problem twice.
http://hbn.zabmail.ru

i wanted to login again, and it says my account is locked contact site support, but there is no damn support email or ticket system!!!!!!! argh!!!

anybody has the same. It happens when i follow the registration link, before it works. After i opened the account is locked.
you can try this pool : http://hbn.theblocksfactory.com/
damn, got this problem twice.
http://hbn.zabmail.ru

i wanted to login again, and it says my account is locked contact site support, but there is no damn support email or ticket system!!!!!!! argh!!!

anybody has the same. It happens when i follow the registration link, before it works. After i opened the account is locked.
legendary

This has been broke for a while. I really like it, who runs it?

Ya! It is working again. I sent a BTC tip. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1050
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
HoboNickels was added to PhenixEx cryptocurrency exchange!

Let others sign up with your referral link and receive 25% of their trading fees!
legendary
Activity: 938
CAP fix was confirmed good testnet last night.  Good sign at least. I will update when i learn more.
legendary
Activity: 938

From what I can tell there is no available link for the Windows client? The Google Drive link has been dead for quite some time. Can't be good for popularity.

Not sure thundertoe realized this. I have uploaded the rar file for now, if anyone wants it.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/443734/HoboNickels-1-0-0-rar.html

nice catch thanks, updated front page.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
hobos unite!
legendary

From what I can tell there is no available link for the Windows client? The Google Drive link has been dead for quite some time. Can't be good for popularity.

Not sure thundertoe realized this. I have uploaded the rar file for now, if anyone wants it.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/443734/HoboNickels-1-0-0-rar.html
legendary
Activity: 1214
Never compromise your standards!

I don't really know anything about what caused the fork... just taking a guess seeing as how LBW has never had an update and it forked after exactly a month.

It was also a CAP-clone.

I don't know what happened with Lebowskies, but it seems like the devs made their own errors as it does not seem like the same issue cap is having. HBN is atm fork-free and the devs know exactly what they have to do to prevent forks as best as possible. Meaning we will have to suffer with a broken original wallet staking until the CAP issue is fixed. I would be rather surprised to see HBN forked by any conventional means, as I know people who hold the coin, holds lots of it and are trustworthy hobos.

As a sidenote, Bitcoin forked three years ago due to faults in the protocol. Forks doesn't mean a coin is doomed Smiley

legendary
Plus stakes have been running for sometime here, and seem to be working well. So the 30 day mark will not be due to stakes, most likely, but rather something else in the code. We shall see.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I don't know what happened with Lebowskies, but it seems like the devs made their own errors as it does not seem like the same issue cap is having. HBN is atm fork-free and the devs know exactly what they have to do to prevent forks as best as possible. Meaning we will have to suffer with a broken original wallet staking until the CAP issue is fixed. I would be rather surprised to see HBN forked by any conventional means, as I know people who hold the coin, holds lots of it and are trustworthy hobos.

As a sidenote, Bitcoin forked three years ago due to faults in the protocol. Forks doesn't mean a coin is doomed Smiley

Sometimes I get drunk and like to ramble like I know what I'm talking about, when I really don't!  Cheesy

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

I don't really know anything about what caused the fork... just taking a guess seeing as how LBW has never had an update and it forked after exactly a month.

It was also a CAP-clone.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
This is going to fork in two days. 

All CAP-clones are doomed unless the developers are actively changing the code.

If you are smart you will sell for any amount you can get.  De-listing will follow and then death.

Bottlecaps didnt fork per-se, it was going from the old to new version that screwed up the stakes. Getting stakes from the non-updated chain with the updated client.

It was also a CAP-clone.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
This is going to fork in two days. 

All CAP-clones are doomed unless the developers are actively changing the code.

If you are smart you will sell for any amount you can get.  De-listing will follow and then death.

Bottlecaps didnt fork per-se, it was going from the old to new version that screwed up the stakes. Getting stakes from the non-updated chain with the updated client.
Pages:
Jump to: