Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ICO CLOSED] Inchain - insurance for the crypto economy - page 62. (Read 109154 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

Haven't followed this thread lately - have you managed to provide any proof of identity of any of the dev team? Perhaps any video interview etc?
Have you decided on escrowing funds? If so, any details?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Full stack ICO tools & services
Hi there,

As you may be aware, we’ve been busy figuring out the best possible legal structure for our platform. Obviously, our top priorities are safety of the investments, deep involvement of the stakeholders and legitimacy of the business.

Ultimately, we realized that due to the absence of the industry best practices and because our platform is very innovative, we have to be pioneers in many areas. However, we did manage to come to a conclusion of what we should change in our concept to make the project doable.

We will publish an article describing these changes in details in the next couple of days. As for now, we can name the most important changes.

1) We are selling new value coins rather than DAO tokens during our ICO
2) These new altcoins can be spent as follows:
- To invest in the DAO. The DAO is not a legal entity.
- To purchase insurance policies
- To buy insurance-linked bonds
3) We create a legal entity, which will be servicing the platform

More information is coming soon.
You can contact us in Inchain Slack: http://slack.inchain.io
We will be hosting a google hangouts call next Tuesday, the link will be published soon. Feel free to join.

Questions are welcomed as usual.
Do you provide that coin only for insurance? will it not have any other purpose? A successful coin often comes as that which will have all the purposes as a normal currency has which bitcoin is going to adopt.

In additional as described above, this coin can be used as any other altcoin. Directly after ICO it will be listed on exchanges.

We intend to evolve Inchain and include new risks in Inchain insurance portfolio. So, we expect that Inchain coin will have a good capitalisation and liquidity.
That is a good decision . People like any altcoin which are listed on exchange . So they feel themselves as secure while it have on exchange. and the traders also like coins for them on exchange. Try to add it to bigger exchange to get a good value for your coin.

We will) thank you
Activity: 907
Merit: 500
Hi there,

As you may be aware, we’ve been busy figuring out the best possible legal structure for our platform. Obviously, our top priorities are safety of the investments, deep involvement of the stakeholders and legitimacy of the business.

Ultimately, we realized that due to the absence of the industry best practices and because our platform is very innovative, we have to be pioneers in many areas. However, we did manage to come to a conclusion of what we should change in our concept to make the project doable.

We will publish an article describing these changes in details in the next couple of days. As for now, we can name the most important changes.

We will be hosting a google hangouts call next Tuesday, the link will be published soon. Feel free to join.

Do you provide that coin only for insurance? will it not have any other purpose? A successful coin often comes as that which will have all the purposes as a normal currency has which bitcoin is going to adopt.

In additional as described above, this coin can be used as any other altcoin. Directly after ICO it will be listed on exchanges.

We intend to evolve Inchain and include new risks in Inchain insurance portfolio. So, we expect that Inchain coin will have a good capitalisation and liquidity.
That is a good decision . People like any altcoin which are listed on exchange . So they feel themselves as secure while it have on exchange. and the traders also like coins for them on exchange. Try to add it to bigger exchange to get a good value for your coin.
Hi there,

Activity: 907
Hi there,

Hi there,

Activity: 518
Do you have the link of last hangout? I remember you said you would record the second hangout and post it on youtube.
Several moments of the meeting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arYVrqo-ICI
Activity: 129
Do you have the link of last hangout? I remember you said you would record the second hangout and post it on youtube.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
Let's say I have altcoins (for example XMR) worth 1 BTC on an exchange. As I understand, you don't insure XMR directly. But could I just insure the equivalent value in BTC and this be considered alright?

I guess yes. But if the exchange is hacked and all BTC gone, I would keep my XMR and get "bonus" BTC. On the other hand if all XMR is stolen from the exchange and BTC is save, I would get nothing. Right?

Yes, the most important thing follows: if you pay insurance premium then Inchain insures your cryptocurrency value on the exchange. You can have nothing on the exchange, but if you pay for insurance then Inchain insures it.
That's actually quite cool. And I will quote you on that one! Please do not call it ever insurance fraud if that amount of money is not in the exchange. That gives me as customer a lot more peace of mind. I want to be flexible. Sometimes have my coins in the exchange, sometimes elsewhere.
Let's say I have altcoins (for example XMR) worth 1 BTC on an exchange. As I understand, you don't insure XMR directly. But could I just insure the equivalent value in BTC and this be considered alright?

I guess yes. But if the exchange is hacked and all BTC gone, I would keep my XMR and get "bonus" BTC. On the other hand if all XMR is stolen from the exchange and BTC is save, I would get nothing. Right?

Yes, the most important thing follows: if you pay insurance premium then Inchain insures your cryptocurrency value on the exchange. You can have nothing on the exchange, but if you pay for insurance then Inchain insures it.

yep
Activity: 453

Any hangouts before ICO?
OP, how is the legal thing going? Will you have ico on time? I hope no more postpone.   Sad

Legal things almost finished. So many features we must concern. And so few real cases and legal professionals who know about crypto economy well))
We plan to publish updates tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
Activity: 291
OP, how is the legal thing going? Will you have ico on time? I hope no more postpone.   Sad
Activity: 658
While parts of the process looks useful, I dont see most of it being useful to the Inchain DAO unless the plan is to do project funding. In that case it might be a good way of doing it.

Also there is the concern that more code could mean more vulnerabilities, but I dont know programming well enough to say for sure.

I dont think it could replace having a legal entity as it doesnt address the liability issue but it might be a useful addition if done right.
Should I change my signature from Jr Member to Member?
My rank upgraded yesterday.

It's the same

But there are two different signature codes for jr member and member. (I'm not talking about stakes)

Emmm, sorry, you right
So, change signature pls
Activity: 560

It's the same

But there are two different signature codes for jr member and member. (I'm not talking about stakes)

It's the same
Pages:
Jump to: