Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [SCR] SCORUM | ⭐ ⚽ ⭐ ⚾️ THE FIRST SPORTS MEDIA POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN - page 29. (Read 11953 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10
How confident are you that Scorum can stick to the roadmap with minimal delays?

I posed your question to our CTO and blockchain architect. He's quite confident in the teams' ability to meet the goals we've set. There was significant thought and discussion around building the roadmap based on what has been done so far and the capabilities of our development team.

That's great, I appreciate your team taking the time to take questions seriously. Also with being honest to us, as well as yourselves in your capabilities.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Yes, we sold 1.6M worth of Scorum Coin tokens during the presale, which is what we were aiming for. It's a good starting point, and we are looking forward to the crowdsale in January.

As am I. How much do you expect to raise during the crowdsale?

We are planning to raise $17M total

Wow that's a lot of money. What would you say the largest expenditure of that money would be? Marketing the platform?

Curious about this still.
Activity: 164
Scorum Community Manager
Happy Black Friday to all the sports fans and cryptocurrency enthusiasts!

No matter whether you lined up for a big-screen TV or decided to #optoutside for the day, we’re just sharing a friendly reminder that you can get 25% off Scorum Coins if you apply for our whitelist!

Scorum Community Manager

The betting exchange will be available subject to local gambling regulations.

So what is the plan on dealing with this? I've heard a lot of gambling outfits register through less regulated island countries.

You're on the right track, we'll be registering the betting exchange through a less regulated country in order to be able to offer it in as many markets as possible.
Scorum Community Manager

I posed your question to our CTO and blockchain architect. He's quite confident in the teams' ability to meet the goals we've set. There was significant thought and discussion around building the roadmap based on what has been done so far and the capabilities of our development team.
Scorum Community Manager
So the crowsale to get tokens at 25% off doesn't start until Jan 14th?

We'll be selling tokens at a 25% discount to whitelist purchasers from Jan 8-13th. The minimum purchase to get on the whitelist is 1000 USD worth of tokens. To apply for the whitelist follow the link on our website.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
We have just rolled out an update that allows presale participants to check their SCR balance on their accounts.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Appreciate you taking the time to answer questions. Can I ask who on the team is in charge of this thread?

As community manager at Scorum, I'm responsible for answering questions about the project here. Several other members of the team including co-founders keep an eye on it as well and assist me in giving accurate info.

So you must be John McTavish. Nice to meet you Cheesy

You're obviously a pro at this, keep up the good work.
Activity: 486
Merit: 101
So the crowsale to get tokens at 25% off doesn't start until Jan 14th?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250

I'm glad you spent the money on getting some professional legal advice. I had no doubt this would be considered a utility.

Are there any other kinds of regulation you would be subject to possibly?

So what is the plan on dealing with this? I've heard a lot of gambling outfits register through less regulated island countries.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Yes, we sold 1.6M worth of Scorum Coin tokens during the presale, which is what we were aiming for. It's a good starting point, and we are looking forward to the crowdsale in January.

As am I. How much do you expect to raise during the crowdsale?

We are planning to raise $17M total

Wow that's a lot of money. What would you say the largest expenditure of that money would be? Marketing the platform?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
“You're sitting down to a nice meal and your aunt, always one step ahead, mentions she wants to start investing in Bitcoin. You freeze, a drip of gravy plopping off the ladle. It's your time to shine. You got this." > How to talk about cryptocurrency at the holiday dinner table by John Biggs. Happy Thanksgiving from the Scorum crew!

Scorum Community Manager

Can't have the innovative parts out there for anyone to take. Speaking of, do you have any patents?

I'd also like to know this.

We have no plans for any patents at this time.
Scorum Community Manager

I'm glad you spent the money on getting some professional legal advice. I had no doubt this would be considered a utility.

That's great you guys have a Github, so it's all going to be open source at launch?

I'd also like to know about this. Open source can really be a good way of getting trust.

Yes as much of our development as possible will be open source.

Can't have the innovative parts out there for anyone to take. Speaking of, do you have any patents?

I'd also like to know this.
Activity: 486
Merit: 101

All the SCR tokens unsold during Token Crowdsale will be converted into SP. Throughout the year, all the received tokens will be converted into SCR, sold at the exchange and used for Scorum product development.

Okay that makes sense. The effect being a stead new supply, easily controlled to prevent price plummet?

Exactly! As the user audience grows and advertising gets integrated into the platform along with the betting exchange, the demand for SCR will increase thereby maintaining stable growth of the token value.

Sounds great on paper, hopefully you're able to pull it off.
Activity: 399
Any features that were pitched that won't make it to launch, but that we could possibly see in the future?

That's actually a pretty good question. I'd love to hear about features that didn't make it in, and why they didn't.

We initially planned to target the growing E-sports market as well but decided that the target audience was too different from "traditional" sports fans.

In terms of features possible in the future, there's a good chance we'll be integrating fantasy sports leagues into the platform once we have a large active user base. This will be commission-free as well and give users another way to utilize SCR tokens, not to mention have some fun!

Fantasy sports with the possibility of winning tokens would be great.
Activity: 756
Nice, plenty of time left then. Who's handling the legal aspects for Scorum?

For local and European regulatory advice, we rely on Revera, a top business law firm with 18 years of experience working with over 3000 international clients.

We also cooperated with Velton-Zegelman PC, based in San Francisco the company has years of experience guiding tech start-ups to navigate the international regulation of blockchain and cryptocurrency. Julian Zegelman, partner of the company, has also entered our advisory board.

According to the Velton-Zegelman PC resolution, Scorum’s liquid cryptocurrency has met the requirements of a utility token according to the Howey test (See the resolution). So US citizens are encouraged to participate!

Pages:
Jump to: