Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [SCR] SCORUM | ⭐ ⚽ ⭐ ⚾️ THE FIRST SPORTS MEDIA POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN - page 27. (Read 11953 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

10k transactions / second is considerably faster than even ETH isn't it?

How is this possible?

In layman's terms: by pre-scheduling the block-signing and using the delegated proof of stake consensus each block is created on a determined schedule and each block can hold thousands of transactions.

For the more technically minded:
"Graphene, an Open Source, mostly C++, blockchain implementation was originally developed as the foundation of Bitshares, a cryptocurrency exchange marketplace. The source is available in numbers of variations, as it has been forked and adapted many times. The original release is managed by an organization known as Cryptonomex. Graphene is interesting because it is Open Source, but also because it was developed in a very modular fashion, making it adaptable to many different uses. In addition to Bitshares, Graphene serves as the blockchain foundation for Steemit.com, a news aggregation site similar in concept to reddit.com and PeerPlays.com, a gaming site. FollowMyVote.com is another example of a service built on the Graphene blockchain. FollowMyVote uses Graphene to facilitate secure, yet private, internet-based municipal voting. There are many other users of Graphene beyond this sample list."
-Source

Further reading: Lots of articles on Steemit since the Steem blockchain uses the Graphene Framework
Bitshares has a detailed documentation of the DPOS consensus and the speeds available with Graphene

Whoo, that's some intense stuff. Have to put on my thinking cap, and re-read this 3-4 times lol. So how can you schedule for blocks to be signed before they need to be signed?
Activity: 399
Merit: 250

In terms of features possible in the future, there's a good chance we'll be integrating fantasy sports leagues into the platform once we have a large active user base. This will be commission-free as well and give users another way to utilize SCR tokens, not to mention have some fun!

Fantasy sports with the possibility of winning tokens would be great.

There are whispers of this happening much sooner than I thought initially! Stay tuned  Wink

Any news on this?
Activity: 756
A seasoned sports journalist and one of the Scorum founders, Alexei Belov, has created a Telegram channel where he shares his vision for the exciting future of sports media. Join the conversation! https://t.me/mediascorum

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing, good sir!
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Do you guys have any plans to discourage holders from dumping them at the first exchange?
Activity: 420
A seasoned sports journalist and one of the Scorum founders, Alexei Belov, has created a Telegram channel where he shares his vision for the exciting future of sports media. Join the conversation! https://t.me/mediascorum
Activity: 164
Scorum Community Manager
I actually just doubled half my investment portfolio with Cardano, and guess where I'm going to put a sizable chunk of my new capital.  Wink

Scorum Community Manager

How is this possible?

In layman's terms: by pre-scheduling the block-signing and using the delegated proof of stake consensus each block is created on a determined schedule and each block can hold thousands of transactions.

For the more technically minded:
"Graphene, an Open Source, mostly C++, blockchain implementation was originally developed as the foundation of Bitshares, a cryptocurrency exchange marketplace. The source is available in numbers of variations, as it has been forked and adapted many times. The original release is managed by an organization known as Cryptonomex. Graphene is interesting because it is Open Source, but also because it was developed in a very modular fashion, making it adaptable to many different uses. In addition to Bitshares, Graphene serves as the blockchain foundation for Steemit.com, a news aggregation site similar in concept to reddit.com and PeerPlays.com, a gaming site. FollowMyVote.com is another example of a service built on the Graphene blockchain. FollowMyVote uses Graphene to facilitate secure, yet private, internet-based municipal voting. There are many other users of Graphene beyond this sample list."
-Source

Further reading: Lots of articles on Steemit since the Steem blockchain uses the Graphene Framework
Bitshares has a detailed documentation of the DPOS consensus and the speeds available with Graphene
Scorum Community Manager
Anymore plugs from Timofey Mozgov​ or the other athletes coming anytime soon?

Blog post coming this week about our athletes and the marketing activities they'll be doing with us, specifically Timofey Mozgov!
Activity: 512
Merit: 101
Anymore plugs from Timofey Mozgov​ or the other athletes coming anytime soon?
Activity: 392
What smart contracts will you guys be using?

That's a great question actually.

We won't be using smart contracts because we are building our own blockchain. Scorum's protocol is implemeneted by our native blockchain written with C++ on the graphene framework.

From the white paper:

The Graphene framework is used to develop the blockchain protocol for Scorum. This solution has already proved itself both reliable and highly capable in such successful blockchain projects as Bitshares, Steemit, and Golos. The Scorum blockchain uses the DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake) consensus algorithm.

The key advantage of this algorithm is its high-traffic network capacity of up to 10 000 transactions per second. Such performance is made possible thanks to a combination of several factors:
1. The schedule for the nodes signing blocks is known ahead of time.
2. Effective transaction processing in each node.
3. All data necessary for validating transactions is stored in the memory.

How is this possible?
Activity: 486
I actually just doubled half my investment portfolio with Cardano, and guess where I'm going to put a sizable chunk of my new capital.  Wink
Activity: 756
I'm guessing this is all pre-mined? It seems like all newer tokens are, am I right?
Activity: 476
Damn, you really expect it to cost $12m for development? How many years of development would that cover?

We use "development" in the widest sense of the word. While we certainly don't plan to spend that much on the technical development of the platform, there are certain features that will cost quite a bit of money.

Getting licenses to offer HD live-streams of high-profile sporting events within the platform will not be cheap. Establishing partner programs with ticketing agencies and sports merchandisers will also require significant initial investment. Doing these things in just one country would be costly, but attempting it on a global scale is certainly going to be a long-term investment and process.

As more users join Scorum and the active audience grows, these costs should diminish as more established companies in the industry see Scorum as a platform they need to be a part of in order to keep pace with fans interests.

We project this amount to cover development for 3-4 years.

That totally makes sense now. I could definitely see how all that stuff could be so expensive.
Scorum Community Manager
Really liked your project! You are doing an incredible job and promotion too.

Thanks!
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Really liked your project! You are doing an incredible job and promotion too.
Activity: 420
Today’s #ScorumFact is about our reinvestment strategy: 50% of Scorum profits will be spent on R&D to help build up functionality and add more value to the Scorum platform and the Scorum Coin tokens. The other 50% belongs to our users to encourage their loyalty.

Scorum Community Manager
I do not think it would be a very successful project. I hope the wrong investor wins but I do not invest.

Thanks for your opinion and I wish you the best in your investments in other projects.
Activity: 434
I do not think it would be a very successful project. I hope the wrong investor wins but I do not invest.
Scorum Community Manager
Damn, you really expect it to cost $12m for development? How many years of development would that cover?

We use "development" in the widest sense of the word. While we certainly don't plan to spend that much on the technical development of the platform, there are certain features that will cost quite a bit of money.

Getting licenses to offer HD live-streams of high-profile sporting events within the platform will not be cheap. Establishing partner programs with ticketing agencies and sports merchandisers will also require significant initial investment. Doing these things in just one country would be costly, but attempting it on a global scale is certainly going to be a long-term investment and process.

As more users join Scorum and the active audience grows, these costs should diminish as more established companies in the industry see Scorum as a platform they need to be a part of in order to keep pace with fans interests.

We project this amount to cover development for 3-4 years.
Activity: 486
What smart contracts will you guys be using?

That's a great question actually.

We won't be using smart contracts because we are building our own blockchain. Scorum's protocol is implemeneted by our native blockchain written with C++ on the graphene framework.

From the white paper:

The Graphene framework is used to develop the blockchain protocol for Scorum. This solution has already proved itself both reliable and highly capable in such successful blockchain projects as Bitshares, Steemit, and Golos. The Scorum blockchain uses the DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake) consensus algorithm.

The key advantage of this algorithm is its high-traffic network capacity of up to 10 000 transactions per second. Such performance is made possible thanks to a combination of several factors:
1. The schedule for the nodes signing blocks is known ahead of time.
2. Effective transaction processing in each node.
3. All data necessary for validating transactions is stored in the memory.

Oh yeah? I wasn't expecting this, you guys are just full of surprises.
Pages:
Jump to: