Author

Topic: [ANN] INFINITECOIN - UPDATE TO 1.8.8 visit INFINITECOIN.COM - page 167. (Read 154538 times)

Activity: 922
Merit: 534
hi do you have some nods i can t synch the wallet

thanks
Activity: 800
Merit: 1000
alright nice.

side comment which matters to me in a way: I've no problem doing the work even for such a little bounty which has been offered so far. But in terms of how active the IFC community is and how much IFC matters this shows a lot. In 3+ days theres been around 3 LTC worth of a bounty offered so far, for an upgrade which takes days to do at a minimum.

Ahmed
Activity: 503
Merit: 500

When I replace the blk0001.dat file in my ~/roaming/Infinitecoin directory with this file and then restart the client, it still tries to download the blockchain from the beginning.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
I'm in for a mil too Smiley
hahaha. Dont think i can make it do that Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1148
It will just be an update to bitcoin 0.11 source. If you guys want any extras you'll have to tell me what and there'll likely have to be enough of a bounty to make my time worthwhil

just make it go back to 0.00002000 ltc hahah
It will just be an update to bitcoin 0.11 source. If you guys want any extras you'll have to tell me what and there'll likely have to be enough of a bounty to make my time worthwhil
legendary
Activity: 1148
I can do one million IFC but can you tell us what will be in the update?
sounds good. I'm cool with that. I'd like to wait a few days and see how much bounty gets put up to get it done before i proceed to work on it

Ahmed
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1018
the coin doesnt need to be rebooted to bring it up to the latest BTC codebase. I am willing to do the work under bounty for you.

ETA to get it done is about 2 weeks including testing time

Ahmed

I'll supply 1 million IFC and challenge others to match me. I nominate Tecshare to hold in escrow.

Ante up folks!
the coin doesnt need to be rebooted to bring it up to the latest BTC codebase. I am willing to do the work under bounty for you.

ETA to get it done is about 2 weeks including testing time

Ahmed
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
http://www.infinitecoin.com/
http://infinitecointalk.org/ (off)

WOW! - Talk about coming back from the dead!

"advanced check pointing system"
is there an explanation on what has been done to protect a low hash network?

also where is block chain
legendary
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
pls upload a full copy of the blockchain, it takes years to sync
legendary
WOW! - Talk about coming back from the dead!

legendary
Activity: 894
Merit: 1064
I heard from the Developer. He said he does not have the time to dedicate to this coin. If it was just a tweak or two he would but can not commit long-term.

How much BTC are we talking to reboot this coin?

I don't think IFC needs rebooting.

You know, guys, there are people spending litterally millions US$ (see NeuCoin, Ripple, etc...) trying to create a "smarter" coin. Trying to create a coin with the best possible specs, the best possible PoS ot PoW combination in infinite variations. If you look at just this technical aspect, BTC doesn't shine that much; yet it is the most valuable coin by far.

We just cannot beat these guys at this game, and I do not think energies spent at changing the IFC fundamentals will be spent in the most valuable manner.

IFC can still win, however, because at the end of the day, the coin that will win is the coin people like; not necessarily the smartest or with the best specs. Only two criteria apply: it has to work (be secure), and people have to endorse it.

Of course I would like to see IFC go to .01$, this would be a game changer for me... and many of us reading this I am sure!

So what I suggest is we spend some daily efforts spreading IFC knowledge, and actually using it.
Technically IFC is functional, it is a fast transaction coin which is nice; the web site is also nice and professional.

1) I think our efforts would be best spent on marketing it, and spreading the good word about it. Put some for sale on craigslist, on Ebay, in a nice and professional manner.

2) Also buying some IFC regularly helps- this is important. Actually using it, tipping with it is also important; pay people with IFC when you have the chance. I have started buying a small amount of IFC everyday.

3) http://infinitecointalk.org/ which is linked from the main infinitecoin web page is down - this does not show a stable and trustworthy image. So I would put the IFC forum back online ASAP.

Unfortunately it DOES need rebooting, only not like you are thinking. In order to bring it up to current Bitcoin protocol security and other update standards we will need to completely rewrite the code and likely do a burn and exchange. I have NO plans to change the number of coins, or otherwise make other drastic fundamental changes to the protocol beyond implementing standard protocols for security. IFC has done well but it can do much better if we can find a dedicated, trustworthy developer, and funding to keep him around. I see the path to Infinitecoins success, but I can't (and won't) keep dragging this ship by myself.

I need the community to step forward and help make this happen. I know some of you are making a lot of money right now. Do you want to make a whole lot more? Set some aside and reserve it for helping move development of this coin forward, and I believe we can go way past even the tops we had before at #8 market cap. The IFC fundamentals are strong, I don't want to fix something that isn't broken. I do however know we have room for improvement, and should focus on the infrastructure of the IFC network first as always. I know everyone wants the quick shot in the arm of marketing because it sends the price up, but what goes up must come down. If the system is not secure enough or robust enough to support the traffic that marketing brings, what happens to your price then along with the entire Infinitecoin name? After all this is supposed to be a MEANS OF EXCHANGE, not a stock. In order for it to be a means of exchange it needs to function efficiently and securely.

Ok Tecshare; if you say IFC needs an upgrade so it can be as strong and secure network as BTC, then I am all for it: let's just not spend too much effort in cosmetics or pseudo-economics.

It was nice to see the IFC forum back online; let's keep it alive. Spread the good word.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Infinitecoin forum is back online it was just a minor DNS issue.

http://infinitecointalk.org
legendary
I heard from the Developer. He said he does not have the time to dedicate to this coin. If it was just a tweak or two he would but can not commit long-term.

You know, guys, there are people spending litterally millions US$ (see NeuCoin, Ripple, etc...) trying to create a "smarter" coin. Trying to create a coin with the best possible specs, the best possible PoS ot PoW combination in infinite variations. If you look at just this technical aspect, BTC doesn't shine that much; yet it is the most valuable coin by far.

We just cannot beat these guys at this game, and I do not think energies spent at changing the IFC fundamentals will be spent in the most valuable manner.

IFC can still win, however, because at the end of the day, the coin that will win is the coin people like; not necessarily the smartest or with the best specs. Only two criteria apply: it has to work (be secure), and people have to endorse it.

Of course I would like to see IFC go to .01$, this would be a game changer for me... and many of us reading this I am sure!

So what I suggest is we spend some daily efforts spreading IFC knowledge, and actually using it.
Technically IFC is functional, it is a fast transaction coin which is nice; the web site is also nice and professional.

1) I think our efforts would be best spent on marketing it, and spreading the good word about it. Put some for sale on craigslist, on Ebay, in a nice and professional manner.

2) Also buying some IFC regularly helps- this is important. Actually using it, tipping with it is also important; pay people with IFC when you have the chance. I have started buying a small amount of IFC everyday.

3) http://infinitecointalk.org/ which is linked from the main infinitecoin web page is down - this does not show a stable and trustworthy image. So I would put the IFC forum back online ASAP.

Unfortunately it DOES need rebooting, only not like you are thinking. In order to bring it up to current Bitcoin protocol security and other update standards we will need to completely rewrite the code and likely do a burn and exchange. I have NO plans to change the number of coins, or otherwise make other drastic fundamental changes to the protocol beyond implementing standard protocols for security. IFC has done well but it can do much better if we can find a dedicated, trustworthy developer, and funding to keep him around. I see the path to Infinitecoins success, but I can't (and won't) keep dragging this ship by myself.

I need the community to step forward and help make this happen. I know some of you are making a lot of money right now. Do you want to make a whole lot more? Set some aside and reserve it for helping move development of this coin forward, and I believe we can go way past even the tops we had before at #8 market cap. The IFC fundamentals are strong, I don't want to fix something that isn't broken. I do however know we have room for improvement, and should focus on the infrastructure of the IFC network first as always. I know everyone wants the quick shot in the arm of marketing because it sends the price up, but what goes up must come down. If the system is not secure enough or robust enough to support the traffic that marketing brings, what happens to your price then along with the entire Infinitecoin name? After all this is supposed to be a MEANS OF EXCHANGE, not a stock. In order for it to be a means of exchange it needs to function efficiently and securely.

I will publicly commit $100 USD per month for the foreseeable future, paid in either cash via PayPal, BTC, or IFC as my contribution towards a DEV Salary. I trust you 100% so know that you will use the funds appropriately.

I challenge 5 more of you to offer funding and then issue a challenge to others. Tell me where to send funds and first payment is on way followed by same payments every month.

This coin is too damn good to let die!

I propose new ticker symbol is XFC to make it ISO 4217 compliant. It is the International Standard for currency codes and currencies are traditionally represented as a 3-letter alphabetic code.

EDIT: Fucking shitcoin Fonziecoin has the XFC symbol. *sigh*
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever

legendary
Activity: 894
Merit: 1064
Just don't understand, why is IFC price rising? What has changed?

People have always liked the infinitecoin concept; some speculators have realized just how low priced it was (and still is) ... IMO
Jump to: