Author

Topic: [ANN] INFINITECOIN - UPDATE TO 1.8.8 visit INFINITECOIN.COM - page 169. (Read 154364 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Could you please tell me where I can find the INFINITECOIN pool ? thank you
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
Anyone know why the sudden increase in price/volume? large increase in the last few days...

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/infinitecoin/#charts

http://www.jubi.com/coin/ifc/

So what does that say? I don't speak Chinese.

It's a link to a Chinese exchange listing infinitecoin. How does that prove the price will continue rising?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
What is happening with IFC?

Infinitecoin is going strong till $0.01, fill up your wallets. Trust me, i know what im talking about, check out my other thread.

My pockets has been full since the begining of IFC.
Activity: 344

Infinitecoin is going strong till $0.01, fill up your wallets. Trust me, i know what im talking about, check out my other thread.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1018
Anyone know why the sudden increase in price/volume? large increase in the last few days...

http://www.jubi.com/coin/ifc/

So what does that say? I don't speak Chinese.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Activity: 199
Merit: 102

Activity: 209
Merit: 100
I have sold all of my IFC.

It was great while it lasted and it showed us what happens with a coin with a very small block reward;  great research information for the cryptocoin community.
legendary
So how do we make this happen? We need to revise and revitalize this coin. I wonder if Tecshare would be interested in this again? Can't put it all on him to do all or most of the work though.

Need a DEV team in place to come up with new specs and build coin around that.

To make this work it would be nice to get bag holders back on board BUT it can not be made to look like a premine or flash mine for the exchange of olde coins for new. Not quite sure how to do that. Perhaps cap it or gradually convert over time.

POS has been mentioned but I dunno if it is enough. I think a radical 'tweak' is needed to kick start this. First and foremost a change in algo to cryptonight and change ticker symbol to adopt ISO 4217 standards. XIF or XIC are my suggestions.

With BTC failing on the privacy front and the race to the top for an anonymous coin, there is opportunity. Monero seems to be the front runner but Dash and Shadow Cash are in there too.

legendary
What can be done to revive this coin from a technology perspective?

There is probably much that could be done.  What kind of features do people want?  Do other coins have those features that we could join up with them instead?

IFC was an interesting coin because within 2 years its block reward dropped off to near zero and in the process we can see what happened to it.

Hence why I have called for a fork that takes existing wallets and converts the coins to the new IFC where they convert at some rate say 1 new IFC for every 10 (number subject to change) and then change the emission rate. How about something new? Say, as hashpower increases/decreases block reward increases/decreases maintaining a % / ratio to to that hashpower.

To make this work reduce the possibility of Asics. Change the algo to Cryptonight, making transactions anonymous unless a public transaction key is released. Look at Monero for guidance.

Anyone else have something to offer?

Adding PoS is always great
legendary

There is probably much that could be done.  What kind of features do people want?  Do other coins have those features that we could join up with them instead?

IFC was an interesting coin because within 2 years its block reward dropped off to near zero and in the process we can see what happened to it.

Hence why I have called for a fork that takes existing wallets and converts the coins to the new IFC where they convert at some rate say 1 new IFC for every 10 (number subject to change) and then change the emission rate. How about something new? Say, as hashpower increases/decreases block reward increases/decreases maintaining a % / ratio to to that hashpower.

To make this work reduce the possibility of Asics. Change the algo to Cryptonight, making transactions anonymous unless a public transaction key is released. Look at Monero for guidance.

Anyone else have something to offer?
Activity: 350
Independent Cryptoveloper

legendary
Activity: 350
Independent Cryptoveloper
Here are some nodes that work for me.  My client is able to connect.

addnode=71.175.81.45
addnode=86.18.76.197
addnode=119.253.64.38
addnode=72.46.152.250
addnode=176.9.31.178

legendary
I downloaded the 1.8.8 wallet and it is not getting any connections and not syncing

any help would be appreciated.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
BXT BitToken - No premine - Fair launch
Some Developer here who can transition IFC to a PoS only coin Huh!!

POW has ended, and IFC is now unsecure
Difficulty: 0.007
Value Out: 0.25 IFC

legendary
For those not in the know, IFC's real dev is and always was, muddafudda. He, zackclark and the rest of his cryptsy buds staged everything from the very expensive client update to the IFC vs IFCv2/COL drama queen parade.

And they are STILL at it with CON vs PYC, COLv2.. ect..

No Crypsty gamed the market on IFC for profit.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
Well since you guys might not Post always on the PayCon thread, I'll just quote it here since it helps you guys too, false accusations as usual.

Hippie Tech FUD:

For those not in the know, IFC's real dev is and always was, muddafudda. He, zackclark and the rest of his cryptsy buds staged everything from the very expensive client update to the IFC vs IFCv2/COL drama queen parade.

And they are STILL at it with CON vs PYC, COLv2.. ect..

That's nonsense
and FUD. Do you suffer from paranoia? Cheesy

Lol, well I haven't really looked too much into who actually made IFC and he often gets his facts wrong since he just looks at something and assumes and posts without checking. He stated that PayCon was based off PYC (which he should have stated was XPY and is also a totally different coin) and yet it was actually based off of CzechCoin which you could see by checking the source. Mudda didn't even have a hand in the CV2 client, he can clone decently and does fair launches but often rushes things. Originally CV2 was X11 while in Beta but I brought it in line with PayCon code for the final launch as it had a couple extra features, allows me to keep both code bases in step and reduce costs. I don't know why he is even mentioning zackclark, I tried so many times to help him figure things out and offer help but I think he just gave up. I'm pretty sure he still thinks I am Mudda just because I decided to take over 2 Coins but arguing with him is pointless, I saw those posts and decided it wasn't worth it. Basic math would prove him wrong if adding up my posts, Mudda's and all my posts on the Col forums along with the arguments I had with him and the way we type, I even told him where I was from in a quoted post (also in my profile) and he still got that wrong, I could see that Mudda was Aussie by the language used, why couldn't he see it?... But I guess that would take logical reasoning.

First lead developer was Fisheater
Second lead developer:TECHshare and technical Dev: uRndUsr

After a long hard fight to get INFINITECOIN back in good shape, today I think we are beginning to make the first steps of the new phase of this coins growth. Congratulations everyone on all the great work you have done so far. The growth over the past few weeks has been astonishing and demand has clearly increased for INFINITECOIN. I am here now to introduce myself if you do not already know me. I have been a participant in the cryptocoin community for over 2 years with most of my activity on bitcointalk.org. I am an early supporter of IFC, and I have been working very hard along with many others in our community to make sure INFINITECOIN can compete in this very chaotic marketplace.  I believe I have demonstrated my intent towards developing IFC for the betterment of the user base as a whole, and hope that I have earned your trust enough as a community to get your help moving it forward and growing our market share and services.

Due to the fact that our previous lead developer Fisheater is busy with his day job, We have both agreed that I will step forward and help organize and facilitate this coins growth during the transition into a fully robust system which provides unique services as well as a great investment opportunity. I have arranged for a new lead developer to take over. He goes by the username uRndUsr. I have known him for years and I have had him work on projects for me in the past and he has my full faith and confidence that he will bring this coin forward to great new heights with a solid client now and in the future.

UrndUsr has worked very hard non stop over the past week through Thanksgiving to get everyone here a fix to the sync issues in the 1.8 client as soon as possible. We plan to release a 2.0 version very soon! For now though time constraints demanded this new 1.8.5 fix version be released quickly so as to have the least disruptive effect possible and get new users acclimated more easily without issue. We are looking foreword to creating something special for this coin and its community.

As far as the future we have plans to target the developing economic markets in Africa and Asia in order to leverage the newly affordable mobile technology just now saturating those markets and providing a digital infrastructure in which INFINITECOIN can thrive. The goal will be reducing the barrier to entry to the cryptocoin market to almost nothing giving these communities access to the global banking system when they might otherwise have no other access to it. Please join us at http://www.infinitecointalk.org to chip in or learn more!
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
First lead developer was Fisheater
Second lead developer:TECHshare and technical Dev: uRndUsr

After a long hard fight to get INFINITECOIN back in good shape, today I think we are beginning to make the first steps of the new phase of this coins growth. Congratulations everyone on all the great work you have done so far. The growth over the past few weeks has been astonishing and demand has clearly increased for INFINITECOIN. I am here now to introduce myself if you do not already know me. I have been a participant in the cryptocoin community for over 2 years with most of my activity on bitcointalk.org. I am an early supporter of IFC, and I have been working very hard along with many others in our community to make sure INFINITECOIN can compete in this very chaotic marketplace.  I believe I have demonstrated my intent towards developing IFC for the betterment of the user base as a whole, and hope that I have earned your trust enough as a community to get your help moving it forward and growing our market share and services.

Due to the fact that our previous lead developer Fisheater is busy with his day job, We have both agreed that I will step forward and help organize and facilitate this coins growth during the transition into a fully robust system which provides unique services as well as a great investment opportunity. I have arranged for a new lead developer to take over. He goes by the username uRndUsr. I have known him for years and I have had him work on projects for me in the past and he has my full faith and confidence that he will bring this coin forward to great new heights with a solid client now and in the future.

UrndUsr has worked very hard non stop over the past week through Thanksgiving to get everyone here a fix to the sync issues in the 1.8 client as soon as possible. We plan to release a 2.0 version very soon! For now though time constraints demanded this new 1.8.5 fix version be released quickly so as to have the least disruptive effect possible and get new users acclimated more easily without issue. We are looking foreword to creating something special for this coin and its community.

As far as the future we have plans to target the developing economic markets in Africa and Asia in order to leverage the newly affordable mobile technology just now saturating those markets and providing a digital infrastructure in which INFINITECOIN can thrive. The goal will be reducing the barrier to entry to the cryptocoin market to almost nothing giving these communities access to the global banking system when they might otherwise have no other access to it. Please join us at http://www.infinitecointalk.org to chip in or learn more!
Jump to: