Pages:
Author

Topic: ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ ANN 🔷 INSANE 🔷 POS 🔷 **V2 Wallet In USE** ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - page 17. (Read 47361 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 101
PapaverSomniferum
Sound like a good, plan, I still have a swap in process for one user who has contacted me and is having issues getting them over. Once that is sorted I see no problem burning the un swapped coins.

Who is that? I have records of all transactions I sent; account address, tx number, date and recipient. I emailed  the top 2 again, but no replies. I notice dansus021 was last active on: October 18, 2016, 01:09:45 PM. BTCdoaA was last active: November 10, 2016, 09:08:52 AM.

Burn Address, just tested

insanecoinBURNaddressNoKeyXXcCTppE

insanecoin BURN address No Key XX cCTppE

Link

http://explorer.insanecoin.com:3001/address/insanecoinBURNaddressNoKeyXXcCTppE
Activity: 362
Merit: 256
Sound like a good, plan, I still have a swap in process for one user who has contacted me and is having issues getting them over. Once that is sorted I see no problem burning the un swapped coins.
PapaverSomniferum
Swap is off... soon will be great news?

still coins in the account

http://109.169.57.125:3001/address/TQoEjW3d8WQhCmvTgbMj1fRqdrVsRLEqyS

Let's burn the surplus! Lower coin count.

Yeah, burning of some of the surplus could generate a little buzz.

Sounds like a plan.

I can make a custom burn address. Like the one on trumpinsane.

http://coinburn.com/home.html

you could even use:

iCoinBurnDotComDestroyedALLXZTpTJy

That is an off the shelf generic I generated as a free burn address., A custom one looks better, which would also be free at insane! :-)

(All those addresses are free to use, you  just need to pick the right Base58 character)
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019
I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD
Swap is off... soon will be great news?

still coins in the account

http://109.169.57.125:3001/address/TQoEjW3d8WQhCmvTgbMj1fRqdrVsRLEqyS

Let's burn the surplus! Lower coin count.

Yeah, burning of some of the surplus could generate a little buzz.

Sounds like a plan.
PapaverSomniferum
Activity: 910
Merit: 533
PapaverSomniferum
They have rainbots that distribute free coins to the users chatting in their trollbox, and they are also doing signature campaigns.

I think they are more than happy if we give them some coins to giveaway for those promos, the man to contact is cryptotiger.

That sounds worthy.

I think the "mystery dumper" is getting low on coins ... so upwards.

Are you part of development? If so, identity and visibility are two areas to tackle.

A bot  on twitter is a simple way of profiling yourself. Plus a couple of feeds running through the bot account. These very small building blocks can be crucial in building a profile. I know you can get feed data from the garden, as I had it on trumpinsane.

PS: I think the Garden Twitter meta is a bit off key. The twitter card does not seem to show an image .. or my isp is playing up yet again, not an infrequent happening.
Activity: 2054
Merit: 528
❤ Bitcoin Garden
They have rainbots that distribute free coins to the users chatting in their trollbox, and they are also doing signature campaigns.

I think they are more than happy if we give them some coins to giveaway for those promos, the man to contact is cryptotiger.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019
I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

That was quick!

Nova has loads of markets you trade in, that could be interesting, and I believe you can request to trade against a coin.

The are starting us out with 4 markets.
I really like how we got to keep the INSANE ticker without dropping a character.

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_INSANE/
BTC

https://novaexchange.com/market/DOGE_INSANE/
DOGE

https://novaexchange.com/market/ESP2_INSANE/
ESP2

https://novaexchange.com/market/LTC_INSANE/
LTC
PapaverSomniferum

That was quick!

Nova has loads of markets you trade in, that could be interesting, and I believe you can request to trade against a coin.
PapaverSomniferum
I'm also not sure if it is a kind of standard feature or an own development.

I saw it here for the first time: https://github.com/Orbitcoin/orbitcoin
lol .. I edited as you posted ... see above

lol. I see. I think it's not a good idea to mess with non standard code, we already have a perfect working wallet.

if the coin is successful, then definitely it needs to be changed to a the most modern PoS.

Orbit is clever as they have made so many changes. It is not for is, though, as it is hybrid, whereas we PoS.

We can mine up till block 14,000, but we do not have to. The network will carry itself via PoS from the beginning if premined enough (maybe 5% would do it), and that premine is left staking. With a 100% premine, you would probably not need to mine more than the genesis block and premine on block 1.

main.h (30 and 31)
static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 14000;
static const int FIRST_POS_BLOCK = 0; // PoS always on

❤ Bitcoin Garden

lol. I see. I think it's not a good idea to mess with non standard code, we already have a perfect working wallet.
PapaverSomniferum
I have no idea, I would have to look into it. It might be a generic thing, or it might have been coded into a PoS coin, which others may well have cloned since then.

❤ Bitcoin Garden
I have no idea, I would have to look into it. It might be a generic thing, or it might have been coded into a PoS coin, which others may well have cloned since then.

PapaverSomniferum
Yep. I also think splitting chunks by default makes network safer. Not bad until individual chunks become too small to stake. Now I got why you told to recombine coins. When I asked I was thinking insane was not splitting by default.

Some POS coins are using a stakecombine & stakesplit setting in the config file to customize the way pos behaves. In particular, stakesplit set the threshold for a chunk to be splitted.

Are those settings supported in the insane wallet?

This is X11, it might be an X13 that has such capacity. My knowledge is not great, I can clone, but I am not a programmer (I guess there are less than 20 of those in the whole alt scene). I will see what I can find out.

Edit

Core options (init.cpp)

"  -conf=           " + _("Specify configuration file (default: insane.conf)") + "\n" +
        "  -pid=            " + _("Specify pid file (default: insaned.pid)") + "\n" +
        "  -datadir=         " + _("Specify data directory") + "\n" +
        "  -wallet=          " + _("Specify wallet file (within data directory)") + "\n" +
        "  -dbcache=           " + _("Set database cache size in megabytes (default: 25)") + "\n" +
        "  -dblogsize=         " + _("Set database disk log size in megabytes (default: 100)") + "\n" +
        "  -timeout=           " + _("Specify connection timeout in milliseconds (default: 5000)") + "\n" +
        "  -proxy=       " + _("Connect through socks proxy") + "\n" +
        "  -socks=             " + _("Select the version of socks proxy to use (4-5, default: 5)") + "\n" +
        "  -tor=         " + _("Use proxy to reach tor hidden services (default: same as -proxy)") + "\n"
        "  -dns                   " + _("Allow DNS lookups for -addnode, -seednode and -connect") + "\n" +
        "  -port=           " + _("Listen for connections on (default: 8028 or testnet: undef)") + "\n" +
        "  -maxconnections=    " + _("Maintain at most connections to peers (default: 125)") + "\n" +
        "  -addnode=          " + _("Add a node to connect to and attempt to keep the connection open") + "\n" +
        "  -connect=          " + _("Connect only to the specified node(s)") + "\n" +
        "  -seednode=         " + _("Connect to a node to retrieve peer addresses, and disconnect") + "\n" +
        "  -externalip=       " + _("Specify your own public address") + "\n" +
        "  -onlynet=         " + _("Only connect to nodes in network (IPv4, IPv6 or Tor)") + "\n" +
        "  -discover              " + _("Discover own IP address (default: 1 when listening and no -externalip)") + "\n" +
        "  -irc                   " + _("Find peers using internet relay chat (default: 0)") + "\n" + you could use an irc=1
        "  -listen                " + _("Accept connections from outside (default: 1 if no -proxy or -connect)") + "\n" +
        "  -bind=           " + _("Bind to given address. Use [host]:port notation for IPv6") + "\n" + you can bind to an address, e.g. bind=100.10.06.10
        "  -dnsseed               " + _("Find peers using DNS lookup (default: 1)") + "\n" +
        "  -staking               " + _("Stake your coins to support network and gain reward (default: 1)") + "\n" + you could switch staking off, or maybe switch netork support off (splitting). Not sure but would require a staking=0
        "  -synctime              " + _("Sync time with other nodes. Disable if time on your system is precise e.g. syncing with NTP (default: 1)") + "\n" +
        "  -cppolicy              " + _("Sync checkpoints policy (default: strict)") + "\n" +
        "  -banscore=          " + _("Threshold for disconnecting misbehaving peers (default: 100)") + "\n" +
        "  -bantime=           " + _("Number of seconds to keep misbehaving peers from reconnecting (default: 86400)") + "\n" +
        "  -maxreceivebuffer=  " + _("Maximum per-connection receive buffer, *1000 bytes (default: 5000)") + "\n" +
        "  -maxsendbuffer=     " + _("Maximum per-connection send buffer, *1000 bytes (default: 1000)") + "\n" +

"\n" + _("SSL options: (see the Bitcoin Wiki for SSL setup instructions)") + "\n" +
        "  -rpcssl                                  " + _("Use OpenSSL (https) for JSON-RPC connections") + "\n" +
        "  -rpcsslcertificatechainfile=  " + _("Server certificate file (default: server.cert)") + "\n" +
        "  -rpcsslprivatekeyfile=         " + _("Server private key (default: server.pem)") + "\n" +
        "  -rpcsslciphers=                 " + _("Acceptable ciphers (default: TLSv1+HIGH:!SSLv2:!aNULL:!eNULL:!AH:!3DES:@STRENGTH)") + "\n";

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orbit Coin has this extra, which I guess is what you mean. I could always test it, but there is a good chance that they are declared elsewhere so the compile fails

"\n" + _("Staking options:") + "\n" +
        "  -stakegen=          "   + _("Generate coin stakes (default: 1 = enabled)") + "\n" +
        "  -stakemintime=      "   + _("Set the min. stake input block chain time in hours (default: 48 or testnet: 1)") + "\n" +
        "  -stakemindepth=     "   + _("Set the min. stake input block chain depth in confirmations (default: follow -stakeminage)") + "\n" +
        "  -stakeminvalue=     "   + _("Set the min. stake input value in coins (default: 1.0)") + "\n" +
        "  -stakecombine=      "   + _("Try to combine inputs while staking up to this limit in coins (20 < n < 200; default: 20)") + "\n";
        "  -stakesplit=        "   + _("Don't split outputs while staking below this limit in coins (40 < n < 400; default: 80)") + "\n";
❤ Bitcoin Garden
Yep. I also think splitting chunks by default makes network safer. Not bad until individual chunks become too small to stake. Now I got why you told to recombine coins. When I asked I was thinking insane was not splitting by default.

Some POS coins are using a stakecombine & stakesplit setting in the config file to customize the way pos behaves. In particular, stakesplit set the threshold for a chunk to be splitted.

Are those settings supported in the insane wallet?

PapaverSomniferum
recombine your coins every 7 days, you will stake more

I've a tech question for you. Does a chuck of coins split in half when it stakes?

How should we recombine coins to make an optimal staking wallet? Any hint greatly appreciated.

When it stakes, you get splitting. To stop it, you can recompile a wallet and change it in wallet.cpp (lines 19 and 20)

https://github.com/insaneinthemembrane/v2/blob/master/src/wallet.cpp

unsigned int nStakeSplitAge = 1 * 24 * 60 * 60;
int64_t nStakeCombineThreshold = 1000 * COIN;

It is annoying but originally made like this to keep network activity alive, since you end up with more addresses competing to stake.

Some coins have changed it, but most PoS coins have not, fearing a network problem.

Individual wallets can be altered without making a great effect on the market.

nStakeSplitAge = 1 * 24 * 60 * 60; makes he PoS reward split to 2 outputs when the stake was younger than nStakeSplitAge
nStakeCombineThreshold = 1000 * COIN; makes many sub 1000 coins at the staking address

You can change the values, although you want to get it right! I have tried variations, some worked better than others.

I am not even sure what I altered it to on my wallet insane, but I will have. You can slow down splitting, but you seem to stake less often, but you get bigger stakes.

The easy way, is about every 2 weeks or month, recombine all the coins, and start as if new. You lose some staking time.

The biggest issue is when you leave a wallet staking away, and you have hundreds of outputs trying to stake. You try to send a decent amount of coins, and get a message saying insufficient funds because the coins are busy. In this instance, you just have to wait. Probably better to close your wallet (not 100 per cent sure on that bit), and eventually the transaction will become uncontested, and will go through.

YAC
Reddcoin

both altered them for the wallet as a whole, but I am not sure they are suitable.

Easiest is to make a new wallet after a month, and send your coins to it, it cuts down on splits, contested transactions and dusrt wallets that grow to 20 mb due to the activity.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
I have bought insane from yobit,stake almost 20 k,and mine 0.5 insane.Maybe i need more.
Activity: 362
Merit: 256
Fully dusted, vote now complete. Nova here we come.

Nice!

I hope they add Insane quickly on Nova Exchange.

Wooooo! The whole vote run insanely fast !!!

Quite fitting really Smiley insanely fast insane
Pages:
Jump to: