Author

Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today! - page 255. (Read 473124 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 113
total # of wallets is a good indicator of their max user base (they own a lot of them but lets ignore that). last i checked it was like 1.1k. ~50% apple products so <600 at most
do they realize that download numbers are public?

i can think of many reasons. for one there could be some other gaming coin thats gaining in popularity and they need to act. either way its a good thing to get it out as fast as they can to the public. i can understand why some bag holders are not happy because they cannot capitalize on inside information like the whales as they were promised. just another one of those fast 180° they seem to specialize in

whats pretty shocking is that they noticed this only 4 days ago? and even this information had to be tortured out of them + thanks to unpaid slack account its gone in a day or 2... this is the top notch communication you will get from them if you want to become a new bag holder

I think when they refer to their user base, they mean the total number of people who have signed up to ionomy.com rather than wallet numbers. I still don't think they have thousands of active users (i.e. users that have logged in and made trades/purchased new stakers/skins etc), but they haven't released any official numbers for that platform so we have no real way of knowing. They probably have a decent collection of emails from running that platform for quite a while, though, so I guess they're hoping that a mail shot with a download link to the app stores etc will entice users who may have forgotten the platform/lost interest into downloading and testing.

I don't think we'll see the game before the years end, though, as they were talking about finalising a social media invite system before they launch the beta; we already know how long it takes to gestate these things.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1009
total # of wallets is a good indicator of their max user base (they own a lot of them but lets ignore that). last i checked it was like 1.1k. ~50% apple products so <600 at most
do they realize that download numbers are public?

i can think of many reasons. for one there could be some other gaming coin thats gaining in popularity and they need to act. either way its a good thing to get it out as fast as they can to the public. i can understand why some bag holders are not happy because they cannot capitalize on inside information like the whales as they were promised. just another one of those fast 180° they seem to specialize in

whats pretty shocking is that they noticed this only 4 days ago? and even this information had to be tortured out of them + thanks to unpaid slack account its gone in a day or 2... this is the top notch communication you will get from them if you want to become a new bag holder
Activity: 1248
Merit: 583
Yep too many ionomy users.

As you pasted another alpha would have meant not all Ionomy user's would have got the opportunity to alpha test the game which is unfair as who do you pick ?

So the decision was made based on the state of the game to take that extra step and move to open beta.

Is this a good or bad thing............You can decide that yourself when you play the game.

More than 2000 iOS users? Come on. Koolaid still masking the smell of bullshit?

What else could it be ?
Successful ALTs will add value to BTC not detract from it
Even if there will be such a thing as a "successful alt" (and that's a big if) ION will hardly be one of them. It doesn't offer anything except bullshit and lies and therefore its future will look more like this: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2

Success is easy for you as all you need do is the opposite of what you think is right.

Have you signed up to ionomy yet ?
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

As you pasted another alpha would have meant not all Ionomy user's would have got the opportunity to alpha test the game which is unfair as who do you pick ?

So the decision was made based on the state of the game to take that extra step and move to open beta.

Is this a good or bad thing............You can decide that yourself when you play the game.

More than 2000 iOS users? Come on. Koolaid still masking the smell of bullshit?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Bullshit. ION has a 24 hour trading volume of US$ 26 / BTC 0.03 today according to coinmarketcap. Why is that if there are so man ionomy users? (Oh yeah, everyone on the "internal exchange", right.)
You shills are lying through your teeth. Ionomy is a stillbirth.
So what really happened to Gravity? Is it still too buggy and broken to release? And what happened to the promise of "one game a month"?

legendary
Successful ALTs will add value to BTC not detract from it
Even if there will be such a thing as a "successful alt" (and that's a big if) ION will hardly be one of them. It doesn't offer anything except bullshit and lies and therefore its future will look more like this: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2
New plan for imminent Gravity release!!@@#$!~LOL#$##~!

Redacted to remove background noise.

tl;dr: No beta for ionomy users cuz too many users.

Fact check: Apple has a limit of 2000 beta invites, Google doesn't appear to have any limit.

legendary
New plan for imminent Gravity release!!@@#$!~LOL#$##~!

Redacted to remove background noise.

tl;dr: No beta for ionomy users cuz too many users.

Fact check: Apple has a limit of 2000 beta invites, Google doesn't appear to have any limit.

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image

Why do you keep quoting an article by Daniel Krawisz he wrote this 3 years ago, I bet if he wrote another article today it would be different. Some good points but ultimately a flawed perspective from 3 years ago.
The article is still correct. Daniel did not change his opinion about altcoins.
Here is an article he wrote 5 months ago about Ethereum:
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/ethereum-is-doomed
Why do I keep quoting that other article? Because altcoin peddlers such as you need to understand that what you do is useless. It doesnt help Bitcoin, it doesnt help the world, it doesnt help your "investors" who will just become bagholders of a useless, worthless clone coin.

I'm trying really hard to have a discussion with you but once again you prove this to be a waste of time with your cheap little insults.

Because altcoin peddlers such as you need to understand that what you do is useless. It doesnt help Bitcoin, it doesnt help the world, it doesnt help your "investors" who will just become bagholders of a useless, worthless clone coin.

You fucking fool just because you can't you see that altcoins are a product of a free market you don't need to insult me. Bitcoin has a market cap of $12 Billion, take one step back and you'll see a grain of sand has now become a hand full. If you really believe in bitcoin focus your efforts on increasing that market cap instead of shooting everyone else in the foot by trying to stifle the growth of altcoins because you can't.

FACT As long as bitcoin exists so will other altcoins it's a fucking dynamic of a free market. We've passed the stage of altcoins just being clones. Successful ALTs will add value to BTC not detract from it

legendary
Why do you keep quoting an article by Daniel Krawisz he wrote this 3 years ago, I bet if he wrote another article today it would be different. Some good points but ultimately a flawed perspective from 3 years ago.
The article is still correct. Daniel did not change his opinion about altcoins.
Here is an article he wrote 5 months ago about Ethereum:
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/ethereum-is-doomed
Why do I keep quoting that other article? Because altcoin peddlers such as you need to understand that what you do is useless. It doesnt help Bitcoin, it doesnt help the world, it doesnt help your "investors" who will just become bagholders of a useless, worthless clone coin.

For instance my overall $$$ investment in crypto is split 80% BTC, 15% ION & 5% a mix of other coin.
15% ION! Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yep 15% give or take 1 o r2% what's your investment split ??
I don't peddle altcoins.

So you've always been 100% BTC and never touched another altcoin ?
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/the-problem-with-altcoins

A shout out to ozlanthos they posted this 3 years ago on Daniel's blog, 3 years on the comments are still valid today - http://themisescircle.org/blog/2014/03/14/the-coming-demise-of-the-altcoins/

ozlanthos said....

To the author. I swear dude, you need to work in another room of your home... I swear I could hear the cooling system of your ASIC boxes in the background while I was reading this article. I appreciate the time you took to write this, now let me tell you why ALL of your predictions are WRONG! There is no accounting for the underlying dynamic of the free market. You can chart results, compare and contrast against all manner of meta-data, or any other set of statistical criterion, and all you will ever be able to do is "SPECULATE", There hasn't been 100% accurate market indicators since humans deviated from direct peer-to-peer barter of goods on hand... (like 100,000 years ago or so...).

I think it is of note that despite all of your couching, posturing and bloviating, this article lacks any real material or technical basis for your assertion that all altcoins are going to fail. Value is in the mind of the buyer. Always has been, always will be. Don't feel bad about it, as I see it, your assumptions are most likely the kind of impressions one derives from having lived in an over-regulated, over-manipulated economy their entire lives. It's ok. Competition can be scary. The truth is there is a planet full of people that by one means, or another have had their demand distorted and marginalized by the Central Banking cabal that has insidiously and violently seized the entire apparatus of this planet's banking/monetary systems. The period of being able to use such market dominance as a weapon is ending, and Bitcoin and other cryptos are going to show us how to render it obsolete...

Oz gets a bit heavy at the end but his comments are spot on.
legendary
For instance my overall $$$ investment in crypto is split 80% BTC, 15% ION & 5% a mix of other coin.

I don't peddle altcoins.

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/the-problem-with-altcoins

I don't peddle altcoins.

legendary

Yep 15% give or take 1 or 2% what's your investment split ??

Is that cost basis or current value?

It's a cost basis..... do you have an investment split ?

Cost basis since the ION ICO or cost basis from when you invested in that other totally unrelated coin? What's the percentage at current value?

I have 0% in ION and maybe 0.01% in Paycon. Some small amount of ETH to play around with contracts, can't be bothered to look up how much. No other shitcoins. I prefer gambling in places where I know the odds.
legendary

I don't peddle altcoins.

Yep 15% give or take 1 or 2% what's your investment split ??

It's a cost basis..... do you have an investment split ?
legendary

legendary
Jump to: