Author

Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today! - page 418. (Read 473126 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
It did two blocks after 2.5+ hours and now seems to be taking another nap because they moved 500k coins again in one of those blocks.

3004 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
3003 Thu, 19 May 2016 17:04:00 GMT
3002 Thu, 19 May 2016 17:04:00 GMT
3001 Thu, 19 May 2016 14:25:20 GMT

https://ionchain.com/address/ih4X5nhzYVi6Nd4tcGX1qvtC47dzdThZV8

But at least they're nice guys.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
It did two blocks after 2.5+ hours and now seems to be taking another nap because they moved 500k coins again in one of those blocks.

3004 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
3003 Thu, 19 May 2016 17:04:00 GMT
3002 Thu, 19 May 2016 17:04:00 GMT
3001 Thu, 19 May 2016 14:25:20 GMT

https://ionchain.com/address/ih4X5nhzYVi6Nd4tcGX1qvtC47dzdThZV8

But at least they're nice guys.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
While men's faith is down, I rock my own w my lovr
Activity: 925

Although I'm not on the team, I can say it is a bit hard to find the questions in the topic with all the nonsense in between it. Time-consuming at least.

What if we would round all of the unanswered questions up so they were in one post? Would they answer them then? They wouldn't have to search for them.

Sounds fair to me.

Probably Ionomy PTE on 1.? Smiley
legendary
Good thing they waited to do all the testing after everyone got their coins distributed so that the lack of stake rewards could be split amongst everyone instead of them being forced to sit without rewards before anyone had any coins. Very generous of them.

I think it's karma payback for all the "BTC is slow" whining.
Activity: 406
I'm afraid to ask the most crazy question of all.
I asked JG to give a technical drawing of how the Hybrid-Flex-Blockchain, Orion Controllers, and Prime controllers all worked in unison.
Hence the reason why he started the contest on drawing what, 'we thought it did and how it worked'.

While coders are important, so are the technical drawings on how the product works. It allows investors, developers, and so on outside the group know how to interact (create API's) and so on with the software. Also avoids creating needless switches/hop points with the software. The ION whitepaper doesn't show specifically how all the items interact and of course we all have questions on how they do.

Can the ION team produce a technical drawing on how this POS coin works with all the elements involved?
You don't even need to use Visio, plenty of other draw applications that could suffice.

Please draw me how your box works.  Smiley

Adam, if you prefer to use crayons and construction paper, we will also accept this.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
The chain seems to have stopped breathing. Last block was more than an hour ago if the explorer is showing the correct time & timezone:

Edit: lolz

It needs CPR! Wait, did I just give them the name for the coin they release after this one? You heard it here first.

Good thing they waited to do all the testing after everyone got their coins distributed so that the lack of stake rewards could be split amongst everyone instead of them being forced to sit without rewards before anyone had any coins. Very generous of them.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
The chain seems to have stopped breathing. Last block was more than an hour ago if the explorer is showing the correct time & timezone:

It needs CPR! Wait, did I just give them the name for the coin they release after this one? You heard it here first.
legendary

Edited 2020-11-28 to fix a broken image

Edited 2020-11-28 to fix a broken image
legendary
It is pointless to pose questions in this thread. The team ignores them and let us speculate about them. Then they get pissed about the rampant speculation and send their members in to defend those speculations with aggressive words and strawman arguments. They will provide no transparency, no clarity and will try to obfuscate things as much as possible.

I'm not gonna ask anymore questions, the team won't answer them. I'm just here to watch things crash and burn. 500 members can't prop up the "Ionomy" for long. People aren't gonna be happy when their coins are with significantly less than ICO price. But then again, when the fearless leader questions why his used car doesn't retain value, well...enough said.

Although I'm not on the team, I can say it is a bit hard to find the questions in the topic with all the nonsense in between it. Time-consuming at least.

What if we would round all of the unanswered questions up so they were in one post? Would they answer them then? They wouldn't have to search for them.

I was going to create an FAQ thingy but then huey on slack said something along the lines "why should we answer anything for those bitcointalkers" so meh. I might still do it at some point if nobody else does but it would be quite pointless.
Activity: 434
I'm afraid to ask the most crazy question of all.
I asked JG to give a technical drawing of how the Hybrid-Flex-Blockchain, Orion Controllers, and Prime controllers all worked in unison.
Hence the reason why he started the contest on drawing what, 'we thought it did and how it worked'.

While coders are important, so are the technical drawings on how the product works. It allows investors, developers, and so on outside the group know how to interact (create API's) and so on with the software. Also avoids creating needless switches/hop points with the software. The ION whitepaper doesn't show specifically how all the items interact and of course we all have questions on how they do.

Can the ION team produce a technical drawing on how this POS coin works with all the elements involved?
You don't even need to use Visio, plenty of other draw applications that could suffice.

Please draw me how your box works.  Smiley
legendary
HODL
It is pointless to pose questions in this thread. The team ignores them and let us speculate about them. Then they get pissed about the rampant speculation and send their members in to defend those speculations with aggressive words and strawman arguments. They will provide no transparency, no clarity and will try to obfuscate things as much as possible.

I'm not gonna ask anymore questions, the team won't answer them. I'm just here to watch things crash and burn. 500 members can't prop up the "Ionomy" for long. People aren't gonna be happy when their coins are with significantly less than ICO price. But then again, when the fearless leader questions why his used car doesn't retain value, well...enough said.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Every post you make puts this to the top of altcoins list, great publicity for free, not your intention?
I'll gladly help you get some more publicity for free, if this is the kind of publicity you want (ION getting exposed as the new Paycoin).
legendary

Maybe if it didn't take 4 days to clarify the first question we could have moved on instead of having deputy forum police fill the thread with nonsense.

Are they not worried about the devs just instantly dumping their received ION bounty coins? I would venture to say this is exactly what would happen. A lot of devs wouldn't even touch it if they had to sell the coins. Would probably my lose too much value while dumping cause there is no volume. They will more than likely want BTC outright as they wont lose the value like dumping ION would.

I'm not convinced they thought this out properly. Not everyone in the crypto world is as thrilled about ION as the team and the couple hundred or so investors.

Nope. All bounties are public. If they are too high I guess theyll be discussed in public.

If a developer adds a feature to the coin, I think (s)he should be free to dump if (s)he want. Coindev is paid by the market, sounds fair to me (except that funds already available for development should be used too).

anyone else put any thought into how easy it is for someone with no business financial sense or dev on coin experience to get people to jump on their ship to sail or sink?

i mean satoshi discussed decimal requirements for coin supply etc Nd most pos coins have a reason for supply rates etc.

huey aka adam matlack seems to have just randomly pipped numbers out for rates. have customers ever wondered why they do what they do and the lack of transparency to every facet of their plan? i know i am.

^^^ this.  Let's see the maths.  Someone, with some sort of basic grasp of economics, must have had some say in how the coin supply works, otherwise...

Well, I suspect it'll turn to shite anyway.  But I'd still like to see the maths and logic behind it.

I went into slack on one of the first few days of the thread and asked to see the maths and research they used to set the ICO price as well as an economic viability study. Got the typical run around.

Well, to debunk your assumption about bounties being ION only:

I get what you are saying. I think it won't be an issue. Or you get BTC. Or you get ION. Or you sell ION for BTC. Or...well...you sell the BTC for ION ;-)
legendary
On slack, Matlack stated that the first 2000 blocks were POW/POS all along and he's not sure how people missed this.

Probably the same way he missed saying that shit would get done on the 14th and the 16th, because the whitepaper is useless and nothing is actually written down in a way that's easy to find.

If he's not sure how we missed it, it shouldn't be that hard for him to show us where that was clearly stated.

Are we all in the matrix and had the same dream that staking and everything important would start after block 2000?

And if the first blocks were supposed to be POS the whole time why didn't every block have a reward?
legendary
HODL
On slack, Matlack stated that the first 2000 blocks were POW/POS all along and he's not sure how people missed this.
Activity: 223
...a coin that literally started with a lie/mistake (I would consider all the blocks pre-distribution of ICO coins the start) good for you, but I'm still going to point out the flaws that I see.

If it was a mistake then it shows they aren't very good at coding their coin, which should be concerning for investors, if however, as you point out, it was a lie, then it'll be the second outright lie told.

Perhaps less meaningful than "We're a registered company in Singapore", given the apparently small number of coins, but a second lie nonetheless.
Jump to: