Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 104. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 702
Merit: 102
I am the Kung Fury...
Anyway I have no particular critics to the dev..they had some problems with mining at beginning but they recovered quickly, he's responsive and this is a big plus...many dev disappear...maybe we have to make other devs jump aboard to help him, and we have to collaborate with him to get some unique ideas for Iridium
Activity: 702
Merit: 102
I am the Kung Fury...
Sorry for being noob.  Tongue
Any working method to prevent dumping? Not to hurry with exchanges?
No way to prevent dumping. As mentioned before, it happens with all coins. The question of the coins' value is truly tested after the early trading ends. Which is why a lot of people here are more interested in getting it more developed before it goes on the exchange. Stronger roots = stronger tree.

Good point...If I see potential in a coin I won't dump it...we have to give some feature on Iridium that makes it a desirable coin so...no miners come aboard...paying to have the coins...
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
No way to prevent dumping. As mentioned before, it happens with all coins. The question of the coins' value is truly tested after the early trading ends. Which is why a lot of people here are more interested in getting it more developed before it goes on the exchange. Stronger roots = stronger tree.

Best aspects this coin has are the low supply, significantly reduced block rewards in a year and proven anonymity, a real world use for this coin would be to provide anonymization/mixing services for people that require high level of privacy. But really need a lightweight and mobile wallet first.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
To prevent dump the coin maybe it should be better to accept masternodes? People who have 1000s of IRD will cooperate to get masternodes and wont dump their coins.
Or are there any other options to prevent people from dump?

It would be next to impossible IMHO to implement masternodes with cryptonight. It just won't bend that way if you want to keep your anonymity and privacy.

Once it hits an exchange, you cant stop anyone from selling or "dumping" their coins, if they want to sell. The only way to prevent people from dumping is if they want to hold because they believe the coin is more valuable than what they can get on the exchange

Lol yup.  You guys worry too much.  When it hits an exchange, there will be some dumping.  That's fine, it happens to every coin.  If you believe in this coin just ignore all the trading, no matter how low it goes.  Also, this is miles and MILES better than most coins out there precisely because there is no dev pre-mine.  Although there will be some early adopters with big holdings, it's nothing compared to scrypt coins etc. hitting exchanges.  This coin will survive the wave of crazy early trading if you just ignore it and focus on community instead of turning it into a war of words with dumpers.  So stop worrying so much about PoS/MN etc.

Personally I don't care about the exchange issue, but at least consider the other side's perspective: there are a lot of people who don't mine, but want to invest.  Shouldn't they be given a chance to get in?  A coin needs non-miners willing to invest, otherwise it's just pointless.  If some people are dumping early, then early investors are getting a deserved discount.

Again, you can come out either way on this issue, but at least consider both sides seriously.

Very good points indeed.
Activity: 322
Sorry for being noob.  Tongue
Activity: 252
To prevent dump the coin maybe it should be better to accept masternodes? People who have 1000s of IRD will cooperate to get masternodes and wont dump their coins.

It would be next to impossible IMHO to implement masternodes with cryptonight. It just won't bend that way if you want to keep your anonymity and privacy.

Once it hits an exchange, you cant stop anyone from selling or "dumping" their coins, if they want to sell. The only way to prevent people from dumping is if they want to hold because they believe the coin is more valuable than what they can get on the exchange

Lol yup.  You guys worry too much.  When it hits an exchange, there will be some dumping.  That's fine, it happens to every coin.  If you believe in this coin just ignore all the trading, no matter how low it goes.  Also, this is miles and MILES better than most coins out there precisely because there is no dev pre-mine.  Although there will be some early adopters with big holdings, it's nothing compared to scrypt coins etc. hitting exchanges.  This coin will survive the wave of crazy early trading if you just ignore it and focus on community instead of turning it into a war of words with dumpers.  So stop worrying so much about PoS/MN etc.

Personally I don't care about the exchange issue, but at least consider the other side's perspective: there are a lot of people who don't mine, but want to invest.  Shouldn't they be given a chance to get in?  A coin needs non-miners willing to invest, otherwise it's just pointless.  If some people are dumping early, then early investors are getting a deserved discount.

Again, you can come out either way on this issue, but at least consider both sides seriously.
Maybe PoS then... Or Hybrid. To prevent dump. If miners will have interest to keep mined IRD, then they wont dump maybe.

How are you going to stake when nobody has knowledge of the balance of any address? This is cryptonight people not your shitcoin forked from bitcoin core!

Shit like PoS and masternodes would only weaken the security and anonymity, count me out then if you want to experiment.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0

The only option to prevent dumping is what some of the people above you already stated. There should be no rush to get IRD listed on an exchange. I said this a few weeks in this same thread and will say it again; this coin still has a lot of polishing to do before it is ready to be listed on an exchange.

I also agree with the sentiment that the people pushing the exchange issue just want to dump their early "pre-mine" coins and run. I say pre-mine in quotes because while it wasn't technically a pre-mine in the traditional sense, you did have very limited number of people mining it early on getting most of the blocks to themselves, it to me it is the equivalent of a pre-mine. Instead they should be helping donate to a fund that will pay various bounties to promote the coin, if the coin generates enough interest it will be a lot easier to get listed on a decent exchange something in the future.

Exactly! no rush to an exchange until we solve some of the issues regarding the coin and when there's community consensus
Maybe PoS then... Or Hybrid. To prevent dump. If miners will have interest to keep mined IRD, then they wont dump maybe.
Activity: 40

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

The only option to prevent dumping is what some of the people above you already stated. There should be no rush to get IRD listed on an exchange. I said this a few weeks in this same thread and will say it again; this coin still has a lot of polishing to do before it is ready to be listed on an exchange.

I also agree with the sentiment that the people pushing the exchange issue just want to dump their early "pre-mine" coins and run. I say pre-mine in quotes because while it wasn't technically a pre-mine in the traditional sense, you did have very limited number of people mining it early on getting most of the blocks to themselves, it to me it is the equivalent of a pre-mine. Instead they should be helping donate to a fund that will pay various bounties to promote the coin, if the coin generates enough interest it will be a lot easier to get listed on a decent exchange something in the future.

Activity: 323
Merit: 101
Just to echo what others have said: yes, the pool might lose some hash.  But the pool operator should understand its good for the coin long term, which is good for his fee.  Spreading the hash will make the coin network strong.  And having a dev-donation-fee will enable everything we are talking about (bounties and small dev incentive).

Remember, no one is talking about giving dev 0.5% of a pool's returns for free.  Dev will use some of it for bounty, and this dev has shown he works hard on the project.  If the dev stops working on it in future, then we find a new dev to send fee to.  And 0.5% is not enough to cause any dump.  

Those who want to support (like me, Alexey, others) will pay the higher fee.  Those who don't are more than welcome to go to lower-fee pools, it's okay, everyone has their own choice.

Fee 0.5% is not big fee, donating other thing - only your good deeds  Smiley
Activity: 24
Seems this happened at a lot of other pools, algo aside. Ahashpool and zpool both went down on the number of miners last night. Not sure what happened but, it's going back up.

As for IRD, people are pushing for an exchange because some probably have 1000s of them. Dump and run. Happens all the time. A coin will only be worth what others are willing to pay for it. Without having this coin stand out from the others, people won't pay any more for it than the rest. 

Development of IRD- I've been working on a Tor backed node, but had some complications with configuring the exit node. I'll get it completed soon, though. I'm also going to work on the whitepaper and if I have time, I'll create a twitter page.

The problem here is not lack of devotion or motivation, it's a lack of time and a lack of people willing to do anything to help this coin except mining it and dumping it.

all greedy pump and runners had the bitcoin lesson in the past : only long runner get the prize
Seems this happened at a lot of other pools, algo aside. Ahashpool and zpool both went down on the number of miners last night. Not sure what happened but, it's going back up.

As for IRD, people are pushing for an exchange because some probably have 1000s of them. Dump and run. Happens all the time. A coin will only be worth what others are willing to pay for it. Without having this coin stand out from the others, people won't pay any more for it than the rest. 

Development of IRD- I've been working on a Tor backed node, but had some complications with configuring the exit node. I'll get it completed soon, though. I'm also going to work on the whitepaper and if I have time, I'll create a twitter page.

The problem here is not lack of devotion or motivation, it's a lack of time and a lack of people willing to do anything to help this coin except mining it and dumping it.

Activity: 266
Just to echo what others have said: yes, the pool might lose some hash.  But the pool operator should understand its good for the coin long term, which is good for his fee.  Spreading the hash will make the coin network strong.  And having a dev-donation-fee will enable everything we are talking about (bounties and small dev incentive).

Remember, no one is talking about giving dev 0.5% of a pool's returns for free.  Dev will use some of it for bounty, and this dev has shown he works hard on the project.  If the dev stops working on it in future, then we find a new dev to send fee to.  And 0.5% is not enough to cause any dump.  

Those who want to support (like me, Alexey, others) will pay the higher fee.  Those who don't are more than welcome to go to lower-fee pools, it's okay, everyone has their own choice.
Activity: 24
Hashpower and workers amount are increasing after some bearish trend.

For russians we have t.me/vivo_ru  in telegram this chat devoted to IRD too.
ДЛя pyccкoгoвpящиx ecть нoвый чaтик пo aльтaм включaя IRD t.me/vivo_ru
Dev fee also will allow to get a new Devs, designers etc. maybe for a salary...
Jump to: