Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] IXCoin [IXC] The Original Bitcoin Sidechain - page 57. (Read 41467 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 119
With the larger blocks after the fork we can distribute a massive number of small wallets. Millions per day. Billion over the course of a month. Most coins cannot do that and still be decentralized.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net

Community Fundraiser:  1,000,000 IXcoin

Before anyone chokes on that huge number let me explain the purpose of 1 million IXC.  To really succeed, IXcoin needs to have a wide and fair distribution and right now it’s still looking too much like Bitcoin’s HODLers mentality. 

There are plenty of IXC whales that have not donated and have not helped with development - IXcoin’s success should be a community effort, not a few guys doing all the work and also paying for it out of pocket. 

Please consider this request, you gain nothing by sitting on a mountain of coins if we can’t get the right partners to reach number 1.  Donate whatever you can - every little bit helps.  Thanks to everyone who has helped out over the years, we’re not giving up, although the odds are greatly against us, we can still become the best crypto currency in the world.

Regards,

Vlad

IXcoin Donation Address:  xj65Aseif8XggWnT36nhErjGFsTbysFoUR

Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Good project! need more information about the coin!!
merculet

Miners still not cooperating.  Odds of a chain split, in a few days, is high.  Things could become very unpredictable. 

https://coindar.org/en/event/ixcoin-ixc-hard-fork-8396

Definitely interesting - hard forks indicate active development
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

Miners still not cooperating.  Odds of a chain split, in a few days, is high.  Things could become very unpredictable. 

Interesting stuff, was wondering why there has been a bit of volatility recently
Activity: 714
Merit: 250

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope the problem will be fixed soon, and all minder will be working as expected.
So this coin will soon goo to the moon Cheesy
uggghh crickets except for a bot.....
Activity: 99
Merit: 0
 A lot of potential is here for these project so I hope to invest it a little bit Grin
The thirst for profit out of envy of bitcoin pioneers, nothing more. Why don't society have a bunch of identical systems? Bitcoin therefore stood out, which differed from the existing and closed some of their disadvantages for end users.

ok - I'll bite.

IXC was started in May 2011 - third crypto. Early days, well before bitcoin was successful and well before almost anyone thought it would be successful.

IXC tried out a couple of concepts - 1) a small number of coins were set aside for bounties - less than 3% -  and 2) the block rewards were larger but the total number of coins the same - to test out what happens when a coin must rely on fees and not miner rewards. For good measure merge mining was added.

Neither worked out very well - newer coins had premines of 10%, 20%, 80% (looking at you Ripple) which gave any coin with a premine - even a miniscule one -  a bad name. Also we confirmed fees on 1MB blocks are woefully inadequate - this may have driven some of the urgency (panic) to increase bitcoin block size.

Now here we are - the premine has been donated back and sequestered - a fork at 450K blocks will give IXC a larger block size 64MB - 2X what Satoshi had set bitcoin to originally - pretty reasonable since 2018 computers are more than order of magnitude faster than 2009 computers. Enough to provide a significant block reward with small fees. Also just enough with current optimization techniques to match average visa transaction volume.

Will this be the right update for The Original Bitcoin Sidechain?

legendary
What makes this coin different between other similar coins?
Firstly the fact that this community doesn't respond to bots...

Oops!
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
What makes this coin different between other similar coins?
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
The thirst for profit out of envy of bitcoin pioneers, nothing more. Why don't society have a bunch of identical systems? Bitcoin therefore stood out, which differed from the existing and closed some of their disadvantages for end users.
Activity: 777
Merit: 777
Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins
The mining pattern seems strange to me - a large burst of hashing followed by it turning off - then on again after an hour or several hours. Anyone have a theory as to why?

I’ve never mined but to me that sounds like some kind of testing.

Testing eh?...Is it moon time?

The mining pattern seems strange to me - a large burst of hashing followed by it turning off - then on again after an hour or several hours. Anyone have a theory as to why?
legendary
Didn't notice there was a new thread - thought things were a bit quiet lately
Btcguild used to run an ixcoin pool before merge mining. when they shut it down they gave miners a week to withdraw the funds. after that they deleted the wallets. i'm sure there were a lot of coins in there then.

Noticed this note on the closed thread - does anyone have a handle on the number of IXC in lost wallets?
some movement lately - a few more transactions, mining up, some miners have upgraded. Not much action on the exchanges though....
Activity: 2
Merit: 7

I don't like blood, I'm only from Transylvania by birth... I meant Sangria the delicious drink : )

Certified in c++
Activity: 2
Merit: 7
Why the new thread?

Theymos the Terrorist deleted our old thread for no reason.

had to be a reason, he cant be running out of space
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Switch to "Distribution" tab at chart.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ixc_BTC

I can see my exact IXC balance there.

Is that big column maybe the total of all the others? Like maybe it is the real total, the exchange's account, and the others show how it is divided up among users?

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: