Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] IXCoin [IXC] The Original Bitcoin Sidechain - page 59. (Read 41467 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 0
Lots of great info here. I have had a small amount of experience with airdrops and I’m trying to increase my knowledge about them.
Activity: 73
Merit: 119
Bought in again!  Tongue

Wondering who is having over 625,000 coins at Cryptopia?

New wallet fully synced in roughtly 25 minutes but then it crashed and now I have to sync again.  Huh

https://imgur.com/a/Y7FHh

Another syncing with crash and corrupted database afterwards, giving up! Fix this shit else...

why would anyone keep that 625K coins - 3% or so of total - on an exchange? I would think a market maker would only need 1/3 or 1/2 that.....
Switch to "Distribution" tab at chart.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ixc_BTC

I can see my exact IXC balance there.

Nearly impossible to use cryptopia on an iPhone.  Probably why I never saw it.

Well that frankly upsets me.  I thought I was number 1. 

interesting feature
64 bit wallet on Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Another bug is peers tab, right-click on some peer > ban does not realy bans it. Wallet creates banlist file but I can't tell if peer is added to it, what I can see is that peer remains at peers tab as unbanned.

Thanks for that - ver and OS helps a lot!

The ban bug is on all OSs - will have a minor version with a couple fixes shortly - disconnect works but banned peer will come right back...
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
It is a single account, not hundreds of people. Whoever it is should put some more coins up for sale, sell book has only 278360.98884396 IXC total and liquidity sux balls. 1 BTC market buy would rise price to 3500 Satoshis, I doubt any serious player will enter IXC market in such situation so low trade volume and going nowhere really, ehh? But I'll keep a few thousands IXC anyway.  Wink
Buying and purchasing this tokens will surely increase the popularity of this coins among the peoples and it will give peoples the good name out of it.
The price this coin pretty good and i think the investor interested for buying it.if this coin is much interested then it will surely increase the popularity of this coin and that depending on the person who wants to buy it. this coin very good.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
It is a single account, not hundreds of people. Whoever it is should put some more coins up for sale, sell book has only 278360.98884396 IXC total and liquidity sux balls. 1 BTC market buy would rise price to 3500 Satoshis, I doubt any serious player will enter IXC market in such situation so low trade volume and going nowhere really, ehh? But I'll keep a few thousands IXC anyway.  Wink
Buying and purchasing this tokens will surely increase the popularity of this coins among the peoples and it will give peoples the good name out of it.
Activity: 651
Merit: 518
Switch to "Distribution" tab at chart.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ixc_BTC

I can see my exact IXC balance there.
It is a single account, not hundreds of people. Whoever it is should put some more coins up for sale, sell book has only 278360.98884396 IXC total and liquidity sux balls. 1 BTC market buy would rise price to 3500 Satoshis, I doubt any serious player will enter IXC market in such situation so low trade volume and going nowhere really, ehh? But I'll keep a few thousands IXC anyway.  Wink
64 bit wallet on Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Another bug is peers tab, right-click on some peer > ban does not realy bans it. Wallet creates banlist file but I can't tell if peer is added to it, what I can see is that peer remains at peers tab as unbanned.
Bought in again!  Tongue

New wallet fully synced in roughtly 25 minutes but then it crashed and now I have to sync again.  Huh

Another syncing with crash and corrupted database afterwards, giving up! Fix this shit else...

On it . Are you using 32 or 64 bit wallet?
Bought in again!  Tongue

Merged Mining is a key feature of IXC is The Original Sidechain. By tying IXC to the strongest SHA256 mined coin, merged mining leverages the hashing power of both coins at an incremental cost of maintaining an additional full client and merged mining software.

Overview of Merge Mining can be found here: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/273/how-does-merged-mining-work

There is not a lot of research on merged mining - a study dated Aug 17 can be found here https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/791

Trade offs seen so far which line up with research:

Pros:
1) Better immutability in fewer blocks due to increased hash rate
2) More efficient use of hashing for incremental sidechains
3) Lower mining reward and fees needed to make a side chain viable

Cons:
1) Side chains have seen increased centralization in mining - the incremental effort of running full clients and software is larger for small miners so only larger ones will take it on. Likewise there is risk for larger miners so not all will take up merge mining.
2) To support a side chain only with fees, the fees either have to increase or the blocks have to be big enough with a use case in volume.

IXC is a near clone of bitcoin. The main difference is mining completed much faster - in 2015. Once this occurred, merged mining for IXC dropped off. Mainly surviving in P2Pool and other small/medium operations. This was a very useful and noble experiment - there is a better understanding of what is required to make a merge mined side chain viable.

To improve incentives to merge mine IXC, fees and reward need to be increased - but not that much. The latest version of the iXcoin client achieves this. Next up are a couple of high volume use cases.

Final thought, Bitcoin is headed toward high value commerce and minor reserve currency status. There will need to be second and third order networks to satisfy smaller, high volume, programmable, and more private transactions. Merge mining is one approach that is established and viable now.
Added message from other IXC threads to this one.
Yes - last one was hit by a bus.
Activity: 1
Merit: 7
What did I miss?  New thread now?
Yes he did - not sure why. Maybe mistaken identity...  Thanks!
IXC's fast halfing and then relying on fees after 2015 provided important insights to the future use cases of Bitcoin and other alts. I believe the concern about relying on fees led to pressure to push for bigger Bitcoin blocks. Another strategy was merge mining - which NMC and IXC and later others implemented.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
There will be additional facilities to be announced in the coming weeks .... Look forward to the work and hopefully we can take the distributed
I like the way you think. IXC is the third fork of bitcoin - genesis block was May 7th, 2011. Functionally identical to bitcoin with the exception that coins would be mined out much faster.
Activity: 602
Merit: 110
If this coin is a direct heir of bitcoin, then I would like a more pompous presentation. More information and trust in the project.
Pages:
Jump to: