Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] JimCoin [JIM] A currency for Jims, by Jims. - page 7. (Read 6176 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Is anybody still mining with CPU? 2 days no reward....
Activity: 178
Alright Jims,

I think we need to take the pool offline for a while and get some solo mining going.  I thought it would be really nice for people to just download a wallet and start getting Jim payouts the click of a button but this is the 4th time having so much hashrate concentrated in on one node has caused a fork and its getting more and more difficult to fix as the blockchain grows.  I will do my best to find the time to write some step by step guides for various methods of solo mining to help the new Jims out but for the time being google is your friend.  The PoW is cryptonight so get to searching and i'm sure you will figure it out.  I will bring the pool back up when I have the time/money to set up another one to spread the hashes out, when the network hashrate has grown to the point that it wont dominate the network or when someone else can get a functional pool up to compete with it.  Apologies to the pool participants but this is whats best for all Jims.  In the meantime I urge every solo mining Jim to re-sync your blockchain so we are all on the same chain moving forward.

edit: I'm working on getting pool payouts to send but this last fork really muddied things up.  Regardless, all mined Jims will get to their rightful owners.
edit2: It will likely take a while for the blockchain to start moving at a normal pace again since the network lost so much hashrate when I turned the pool off.  This is normal and the difficulty will adjust soon enough to match the network hashrate.

-Jim

thank you, i will solo
Activity: 47
Alright Jims,

I think we need to take the pool offline for a while and get some solo mining going.  I thought it would be really nice for people to just download a wallet and start getting Jim payouts the click of a button but this is the 4th time having so much hashrate concentrated in on one node has caused a fork and its getting more and more difficult to fix as the blockchain grows.  I will do my best to find the time to write some step by step guides for various methods of solo mining to help the new Jims out but for the time being google is your friend.  The PoW is cryptonight so get to searching and i'm sure you will figure it out.  I will bring the pool back up when I have the time/money to set up another one to spread the hashes out, when the network hashrate has grown to the point that it wont dominate the network or when someone else can get a functional pool up to compete with it.  Apologies to the pool participants but this is whats best for all Jims.  In the meantime I urge every solo mining Jim to re-sync your blockchain so we are all on the same chain moving forward.

edit: I'm working on getting pool payouts to send but this last fork really muddied things up.  Regardless, all mined Jims will get to their rightful owners.
edit2: It will likely take a while for the blockchain to start moving at a normal pace again since the network lost so much hashrate when I turned the pool off.  This is normal and the difficulty will adjust soon enough to match the network hashrate.

-Jim
OK so at this point we have 2 chains going, if you have a block height higher than the block explorer be.jimcoin.net you need to delete your blockchain and sync from scratch.  On windows close your wallet and search %appdata% in your search bar and delete blockindexes.dat and blocks.dat from the JimCoin folder then open wallet again.  On linux, close your wallet and navigate to the .JimCoin folder in your root directory and delete blockchainindices.dat  blockscache.dat blockindexes.dat       and blocks.dat then re-start wallet.  Once done we should all be on the same chain matching the block explorer.

I try to delete blockindexes.dat and blocks.dat.
But my wallet coin amount is not correct.
The pool.jimcoin.net display more than my wallet.
I don't know what happened

Stats on the pool are a little messed up right now and a lot of orphaned blocks need to be re-mined since the pool was mining on the wrong fork for a while.  As long as your wallet syncs to the same block height the block explorer you are on the right chain.
Activity: 1
OK so at this point we have 2 chains going, if you have a block height higher than the block explorer be.jimcoin.net you need to delete your blockchain and sync from scratch.  On windows close your wallet and search %appdata% in your search bar and delete blockindexes.dat and blocks.dat from the JimCoin folder then open wallet again.  On linux, close your wallet and navigate to the .JimCoin folder in your root directory and delete blockchainindices.dat  blockscache.dat blockindexes.dat       and blocks.dat then re-start wallet.  Once done we should all be on the same chain matching the block explorer.

I try to delete blockindexes.dat and blocks.dat.
But my wallet coin amount is not correct.
The pool.jimcoin.net display more than my wallet.
I don't know what happened
Activity: 253
Merit: 10
Rolling in the Deep

wallet sync again, keep on mining.
Activity: 8
Deleted everything out of my root Jimcoin windows directory - copied back over JimCoinWallet.wallet and opened the app again - it just sits there saying "Opening Wallet" on the bottom left? Nothing else happening - are my Jims dead forever?
hey jim will there be a masternode?

There are currently no plans for one.
Activity: 7
hey jim will there be a masternode?
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
My wallet stuck in block 7655, and said wallet synchronized.

Anyone got the same problem Huh
I also have the same problem!  stuck in block 7655,where is Jimceo

It looks like there might be a split in the chain.  If your wallet is not syncing please make sure you save your jimcoinwallet.wallet file somewhere safe and delete your jimcoin folder in the windows appdata folder for windows, and if on linux delete the .JimCoin folder that should be located as your users root directory.  Once deleted open your wallet again and let it sync from scratch.  WARNING: if you delete your wallet file, your Jims will be gone forever so back it up!
Still, how do I fix it
just followed but still stuck in 7655...
Activity: 61

It looks like there might be a split in the chain.  If your wallet is not syncing please make sure you save your jimcoinwallet.wallet file somewhere safe and delete your jimcoin folder in the windows appdata folder for windows, and if on linux delete the .JimCoin folder that should be located as your users root directory.  Once deleted open your wallet again and let it sync from scratch.  WARNING: if you delete your wallet file, your Jims will be gone forever so back it up!
Still, how do I fix it
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
why the hack the world must have the JimCoin doing the same nothing as other coins do?

Activity: 61

Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net

Activity: 2
Rare spirit in the world ....

Act according to what you think is right, please do not give up
Jim
Activity: 86
could I use XMR-Stak?
Activity: 178
Been a crazy weekend Jims. Dead battery in my truck, girlfriends water pump failed in her car, numerous PC issues.  I've been working like a dog to fix all the breaking shit in my life.  New battery in my truck, replaced gf's water pump, PC fixed and running again, pool is now fully functional and blockchain is rolling again.  For all you non-Jims out there taking shit and spreading doubt.. take a deep breath, sit down in a comfortable chair, and literally fuck yourself.  Wink

Yours truly,

Jim

dear jim, calm down, all will be better, and even better, go on with this thread and coin. we are all jim with you.
a day future, the price of jim coin will shoot the moon, you will get all your things better and better.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Been a crazy weekend Jims. Dead battery in my truck, girlfriends water pump failed in her car, numerous PC issues.  I've been working like a dog to fix all the breaking shit in my life.  New battery in my truck, replaced gf's water pump, PC fixed and running again, pool is now fully functional and blockchain is rolling again.  For all you non-Jims out there taking shit and spreading doubt.. take a deep breath, sit down in a comfortable chair, and literally fuck yourself.  Wink

Yours truly,

Jim

I am Chinese,but i used Jim as my english name for nearly 10 years.I am going to mine some of the jim coins.Good luck for all jims.
Pages:
Jump to: