Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac - page 8. (Read 100859 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
what's going on here ? where is the dev ?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Hopefully a few others will soon share their experiences with KeyTrader. There must be a lot of opinions out there which differ from mine. Don't be shy, tell us about them Smiley

Your experiences are on par with mine. Everything you've mentioned I have also noticed.
Activity: 629
Merit: 500
Ponderously ruminative

Superseded: updated and corrected test results here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9404046

First impressions
With regard to beta testing here are a few comments to start:

On the Mac version (on OSX Yosemite, 10.10):
Some cosmetic notes:
  • KeyCoin required field needs to display in round, the current display numbers do not fit the text field and the field is too cramped, overwriting part of "Required" making it illegible
  • The "Requirement Met?" field suffers the same problem
  • The create/edit keys link displays very poorly with the current background
  • The API Key labels are almost invisible on the current background, as is the "Show Plain Text" label
  • The Spread Buy tab, the pink text is difficult, the green text awful and the black text label is almost completely hidden in the dark background
  • Same holds for the Spread Sell tab
  • Balance Book tab suffers from illegible black text for Amount and Withdrawal Address, some of which is obscured by the input field. The Portfolio Value and Deposit Address labels do not show well either.
  • Markets Tab is slightly better but black text on that background is not great
  • Whole thing would be improved if the entire tab background was white like it is in the Windows version

Windows version (Windows 7 in VM)
Cosmetic notes:
  • On the API Keys tab the instruction text field is truncated at "allow all functions of the API except for "  with no means of scrolling to find out "except for" what? If the text box extended all the way to the right the text would likely fit.
  • KeyCoin Required and Requirement Met? fields overwrite labels even worse than Mac version does
  • Both Buy & Sell Spread tabs suffer from the hideous and illegible pink and green text labels
  • At least the Balance Book tab has black text labels on a light gray background, a major improvement
  • On the Markets tab the BTC field is truncated and the text labels are unclear with black text on a dark background.

At this stage I have done very limited Bittrex trading with either version and have hit no errors so far.

Continued...
These apply to both Mac & Windows versions:

• There is no ability to type coin market codes into the coin select box, all selections must be made by drop-down list. This lack of a search function seems an irritating oversight.
  • In the Balance Book Deposit Address only returns already extant coin deposit addresses with no means of generating a new one, although the Bittrex API certainly allows this. It seems more necessary than merely desirable.
  • I have not authorized withdrawals via API but no error is displayed when attempting to do so. This should bring up an alert reminding users when they have not enabled withdrawal on their API key or they will likely assume a broken function.
  • Balance Book offers no facility to sort by various columns. It would be really good to be able to optionally sort by name, balance, availability or even pending.

Continued...

• On the spread tabs the price fields are too narrow, by 1 digit on Mac and 2 on Windows - a displayed spread of 0.000009 to 0.000009 is not very informative.
  • Spread Buy is not managing to place all orders on 'trex - likely because 'trex is busy atm because it has successfully placed larger spreads and I'm nowhere near 'trex's limits of 500 open orders and 200,000 orders a day. At the moment it is only placing 3-5 orders regardless of requests for 6-10. There needs to be a retry option for failed order placement and only the failures rather than simply displaying the alert "Something went wrong! Please try again", followed by "Your orders have been placed" when they have not.

Suggestions:

• It would be really handy to be able select coins from the Balance Book tab and jump to that market - always selecting from the drop-down list is tedious and irritating.
  • KeyTrader2 needs at least the option to auto-refresh markets.
  • The spread tabs, only one option of cost or number of coins is available, how about allowing users the option of spread buying n coins or a spread to liquidate a specified value?
  • I know I've requested this before but I'd really prefer to have my KeyCoins staking in my wallet and helping maintain the network rather than idling on an exchange. Can we please have KeyTrader check for the requisite value of coins in a local wallet rather than sitting in an exchange wallet?

Continued:

• Order placement success definitely depends on how busy 'trex is at the time. I have successfully placed up to 20 asks in a spread sell - partial failures are relatively common though when trading is hot. A retry option just for the failed orders would be a major plus.
  • Spread Tabs % column is formatted as satoshis and not percentage.
  • Does Spread Sell calculate to avoid leaving dust in the wallets? Doesn't appear so since a 20 order spread sell of 10,000 units just placed orders for 9949.99999998 (why 99.5%?). In this case it was only a portion of the position held and the fragments don't matter but personally I hate litter. Can the routine be tidied up so that the big end of the order adds in the remainder of the requested amount please?

On further investigation calculations seem distinctly odd:

• I don't think the spreads are performing quite the right calculations.
  • Try Calc Orders for a Linear Spread of say: 100 coins; 10 orders; High 0.00000100; Low 0.00000050. What you get is 10 orders of 9.95 coins from 0.00000050-0.00000095.
  • Why is it 0.5 coins short?
  • Why isn't the spread the specified 50-100?
  • Try a simple linear 3-order, 10-coin, 50-100 sat spread: %age (wrongly formatted, by the way) says 0.33333333 (should be 2 x 33.33 + 33.34); Coins 3.31666667 (*3 = 9.95000001 again, what's with that?) and the spread is 50;67;83 sats rather than 50;75;100, as I would have expected.
  • Trying the same again with weighted orders yields orders of 6.79039742 + 2.18924887 + 0.97035371 = 9.95 (again!)
  • Surely the linear calculation should be the number of coins (c) divided by the number of orders (n) with any remainder added to the highest priced order (c/n) while the value increment is (high-low)/(n-1). Then, starting with the low price, increment n-2 times and finally apply the high price. In our simple case that would be 10/3 = 2 orders of 3.33333333 and one of 3.33333334, priced at (100-50=50)/(n-1=2) = 25; thus 50; 50 + 25 (n-2 times = 3-2 = once) = 75; + high price = 100, yielding our expected sequence of 50;75;100. Very different from the delivered sequence of 50;67;83.

Now, before anyone emits howls of anguish and claims of nefarious activity, let me make something absolutely clear. There is exactly zero risk of this software filtering off 0.5% or any other amount of my coins for the simple reason that I set my API keys to disallow any withdrawals. You should never allow 1st-round betaware such opportunity for mischief, be it accidental or otherwise.

That said, if I get around to using a finished version of this software I would like to be able to transfer funds around with it. I think it should be able to request generation of deposit addresses to facilitate deposits and withdrawals.

Hopefully the developer is monitoring this and will drop by to explain the calculations being performed. And yes please, I'd love a discrete peak at the code so I can assure everyone with certainty that there can be no coin leakage. KeyTrader shows every indication of becoming an indispensable trading tool. Even though the functions are not quite as I would intuitively expect I'm sure I could soon learn to work it such that I achieved my desired results.

Hopefully a few others will soon share their experiences with KeyTrader. There must be a lot of opinions out there which differ from mine. Don't be shy, tell us about them Smiley

Activity: 732
Score one for the future of Keycoin! First and only TAILS OS on the market!

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-tor-anonymity-can-busted-2500-month/

Ponderously ruminative

Superseded: updated and corrected test results here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9404046

First impressions

Some cosmetic notes:
  • KeyCoin required field needs to display in round, the current display numbers do not fit the text field and the field is too cramped, overwriting part of "Required" making it illegible
  • The API Key labels are almost invisible on the current background, as is the "Show Plain Text" label
  • The Spread Buy tab, the pink text is difficult, the green text awful and the black text label is almost completely hidden in the dark background
  • Balance Book tab suffers from illegible black text for Amount and Withdrawal Address, some of which is obscured by the input field. The Portfolio Value and Deposit Address labels do not show well either.
  • Whole thing would be improved if the entire tab background was white like it is in the Windows version

Cosmetic notes:
  • On the API Keys tab the instruction text field is truncated at "allow all functions of the API except for "  with no means of scrolling to find out "except for" what? If the text box extended all the way to the right the text would likely fit.
  • KeyCoin Required and Requirement Met? fields overwrite labels even worse than Mac version does
  • Both Buy & Sell Spread tabs suffer from the hideous and illegible pink and green text labels
  • At least the Balance Book tab has black text labels on a light gray background, a major improvement
  • On the Markets tab the BTC field is truncated and the text labels are unclear with black text on a dark background.

At this stage I have done very limited Bittrex trading with either version and have hit no errors so far.

Continued...

• There is no ability to type coin market codes into the coin select box, all selections must be made by drop-down list. This lack of a search function seems an irritating oversight.
  • In the Balance Book Deposit Address only returns already extant coin deposit addresses with no means of generating a new one, although the Bittrex API certainly allows this. It seems more necessary than merely desirable.
  • I have not authorized withdrawals via API but no error is displayed when attempting to do so. This should bring up an alert reminding users when they have not enabled withdrawal on their API key or they will likely assume a broken function.
  • Balance Book offers no facility to sort by various columns. It would be really good to be able to optionally sort by name, balance, availability or even pending.

I'm afraid that's all I have time for at the moment.

Hoping it helps.

Continued...

• On the spread tabs the price fields are too narrow, by 1 digit on Mac and 2 on Windows - a displayed spread of 0.000009 to 0.000009 is not very informative.
  • Spread Buy is not managing to place all orders on 'trex - likely because 'trex is busy atm because it has successfully placed larger spreads and I'm nowhere near 'trex's limits of 500 open orders and 200,000 orders a day. At the moment it is only placing 3-5 orders regardless of requests for 6-10. There needs to be a retry option for failed order placement and only the failures rather than simply displaying the alert "Something went wrong! Please try again", followed by "Your orders have been placed" when they have not.

Suggestions:

• It would be really handy to be able select coins from the Balance Book tab and jump to that market - always selecting from the drop-down list is tedious and irritating.
  • KeyTrader2 needs at least the option to auto-refresh markets.
  • The spread tabs, only one option of cost or number of coins is available, how about allowing users the option of spread buying n coins or a spread to liquidate a specified value?
  • I know I've requested this before but I'd really prefer to have my KeyCoins staking in my wallet and helping maintain the network rather than idling on an exchange. Can we please have KeyTrader check for the requisite value of coins in a local wallet rather than sitting in an exchange wallet?

I'm out of time again. I hope this is useful to someone and that I'm not wasting my time on this.

Ponderously ruminative

There should be full screen option and decimal points in numbers.

Where aren't there decimal points? I haven't found that in either version yet.

I agree the window size could be adjustable - stretching it a bit would certainly alleviate some of the current field crowding issues but I'm not likely to ever want it full screen - depends on having very small screen size I guess.

I haven't gotten around to testing multiple instances yet beyond establishing that multiple instances do spawn in Windows and can be set to different tasks. I suspect traders are going to want to sit on several coins/exchanges at once and multiple small windows work better for that than a full-screen interface.

At this time I have not managed to start more than one Mac instance of KeyTrader2 and it could be that 10.10's rigid sandboxing will prevent that. Something I have yet to investigate. Does anyone know offhand how to do so?

Edit: Doh! Just remembered to use open -n to spawn new instances - getting old I guess Sad

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

There should be full screen option and decimal points in numbers.

Ponderously ruminative

First impressions

Some cosmetic notes:

Cosmetic notes:

Continued...

I'm afraid that's all I have time for at the moment.

Hoping it helps.
Yeah, and the dev said there is more coming. This was just a little something to whet the appetite/demonstrate things are being worked on.
Ponderously ruminative
@KeyCoinTeam.

Could you tweet this info out? You have over 5000 followers. Or are you waiting for something else?

+100

The last tweet is from the 1st of september. All it takes is 1 minute to make 5000 followers aware of this new update.

You do realize this is beta software, right? It isn't a full release version yet.
I said tweet about "an update", it doesnt matter whether its in beta or full version, the more beta testers the better in fact. Just to keep people who dont frequent bct in the loop Smiley

I may be very old school and sensitive to nomenclature but "update" is applied only to production code while the KeyTrader2 software made available is very definitely beta at this time with only one of four site tabs functional, illegible fields and truncated instruction panels. An invitation to beta testers in a first-round open beta trial would be fair enough but calling this an update will generate a lot of disappointment and upset potential users. See, for example, this response above: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9345813 - an attempt at humor perhaps but we do not want the impression KeyTrader2 was coded in someone's meal break.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
That's awesome feedback. Cosmetics are going to be improved dramatically. I'm just glad someone actually used it Smiley it really does have a useful spread order feature and I think it'll have many more great features.

Activity: 365
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology
@KeyCoinTeam.

Could you tweet this info out? You have over 5000 followers. Or are you waiting for something else?

+100

The last tweet is from the 1st of september. All it takes is 1 minute to make 5000 followers aware of this new update.

You do realize this is beta software, right? It isn't a full release version yet.
I said tweet about "an update", it doesnt matter whether its in beta or full version, the more beta testers the better in fact. Just to keep people who dont frequent bct in the loop Smiley
First impressions

Some cosmetic notes:

Cosmetic notes:

+1

You hit the nail on the head right there.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
keytrader - made during the meals  Cheesy
Ponderously ruminative

First impressions

Some cosmetic notes:

Cosmetic notes:

Ponderously ruminative
@KeyCoinTeam.

+100

@KeyCoinTeam.

+100

Activity: 507
0.2 BTC worth of KEY is required to operate the program, meaning fluctuations in value encourage KeyCoin trade and volume, rather than pulling a specified number of coins off the market permanently.

Sadly, i bought when prices more than 40k (till now keep patient not for sale). And the program required 0.2 btc worth of key, now. Thanks. Smiley
Activity: 732
@KeyCoinTeam.

Pages:
Jump to: