Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac - page 3. (Read 100859 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
peer info:

I had to move this coin to another server today, had trouble getting peers from the native method.

This peer is active:

addnode=98.175.59.71:37941

I had 2 nodes that lost all connections, so I copied my peers.dat from my 3rd node and used it for the other 2.  They worked for a few days, but then they lost all connections again.

I don't know if it matters, but the node that still has connections is running as an empty wallet without a balance - not staking.  It always seems to get several connections, while the staking wallets usually only get 1 connection.

Also, I don't know if it matters if I have 2 computers active at my house, I thought maybe it could cause an IP conflict, so I only run 1 Keycoin wallet at a time. 
yes.. Key network is global... 57% amerikanos and 43% slovans
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/key/#!network   Geo-location

only missing  KeyOS to push network to other continents

This guy says we need a Linux wallet. 

Steps for development of bootable OS:

1) linux wallet
2) publish steps for how to make a TAILS bootable USB
     i.  download TAILS
     ii. checksum (optional?)
    iii. download linuxlive USB creator
    iv. follow steps, installation
3) publish source code for evaluation

It will be difficult to get people to put anonymous faith in a project that hasn't published its source because it is literally a "trust game." The vast majority of bootable USB's are linux based… the Mac and Windows wallet isn't very helpful.  
Activity: 325
peer info:

I had to move this coin to another server today, had trouble getting peers from the native method.

This peer is active:

addnode=98.175.59.71:37941
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
yes.. Key network is global... 57% amerikanos and 43% slovans
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/key/#!network   Geo-location

only missing  KeyOS to push network to other continents

Is key on some exchange? And will it rise again?

It's at Cryptsy, and don't call it a comeback cause it's been here for years.
gon
Activity: 460
Merit: 251
Is key on some exchange? And will it rise again?
Hell no you wouldn't be wasting your time!

Isn't that why all these people were crying "scam", because KeyOS was never released? 

If we had that, I don't think we would necessarily need KeyTrader.  Or in any event it could wait until later.  QuatlooTrader was supposed to be good, but nothing much ever came of that.

If we could trade without exchanges, the world would be a wonderful place.  But nobody else is able to do it yet either, and the first order of business is the coin's survival and at least a minimum number of users with an aim to growing and expanding. 

If there was a major update like KeyOS released for KeyCoin, it would be huge.  Huge.

Did you know that "lack of active dev" is why Poloniex delisted KEY back in December?  I talked to them a great deal about not delisting KEY, and I pushed it to the point that they were going to ban me from the chatbox.  I started a topic here about it in Service Discussions, and I sent in support tickets to Polo.  But they kept saying "It's up to the dev to do something to change our minds."  In other words, they believed the "scam" accusations because KeyOS was never released. 

So any update at all would bring a lot of attention to KEY and prove a lot of people wrong.  Even just an updated wallet or something minor would boost KEY and take it from "struggling coin with few users" to "current and active altcoin with cool and trendy staking features".  But KeyOS?  That would probably get a few articles written about it on some of these crypto news websites.

Besides, you don't have to worry about keeping coins at Bittrex anymore.  KEY got delisted there.  But the even better news is that volume is pretty big at Cryptsy, now that it's all in one market and people don't have to make unnatural trades to satisfy trex's ransom demands.
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
I've uploaded my current Keycoin peers.dat and added it to my previous post.
Hopefully anyone who can't connect will get some connections by using this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4b8q6l0yyejm4v4/peers.dat

Download that, and when you delete your peers.dat in the above instructions, replace it with this one before you restart your Keycoin wallet.

yetiripper, did you ever get connections?

I did!  It was a miniupnpc issue so I put it on a different computer where I don't have a fragile dev environment.  Your list of nodes was better than what I had before so I switched to that too.  Thanks for the help!

Also, has the dev shown up anywhere?  I was working with him/them to get a new KeyOS put together, and I basically finished except it's missing KeyTrader.  I think KeyTrader is what made things fall apart, but it wasn't really that good anyway.  If it had better features, and was incorporated into the wallet that would solve a lot of problems.  It shouldn't be necessary to keep coins deposited at Bittrex.

I have some trading bots of my own and it's easy as hell to add similar things into the wallet since I have the source, but it's hard to tell if I would be wasting my time or not.

Download that, and when you delete your peers.dat in the above instructions, replace it with this one before you restart your Keycoin wallet.

yetiripper, did you ever get connections?
you have active node list and other information on this site. 

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/key/#!network

Great link!  I've been using coinmarketcap for charts and market information, but cryptoid has a lot more network and blockchain information
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
you have active node list and other information on this site. 

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/key/#!network
Well the site's back up, did you get any connections?
My new wallet on a separate IP address has more connections than my wallet that's been running for 6 months.  It shows that there's a little luck involved in finding connections.
I set up a new wallet with that peers.dat, and it started syncing immediately.  I have 6 connections now.

The Future Of Work
Does anyone here have a wallet that's up to date?  Or can anyone get connections on the network?  Mine isn't synchronizing but I still see activity in the block explorer.

Have you created a Keycoin.conf file?

Go to Control Panel
In the Search box, type Folder
Click "Folder Options"
Click the tab that says View
Make sure there is no check in the box for "Hide file extensions for known file types" (de-select this option and click OK)
Exit Control Panel

On Windows 8, right-click the start button and select "Run"
(for Windows 7, left-click the start button and type "run" into "Search Programs and Files", then click Run at the top of the list)
In "Run", type %appdata% and press Enter
It will open the folder located at Appdata/Roaming, and there will be a Keycoin folder there
Open the Keycoin folder
Right-click the empty space in the folder and select Create New File - create a new Text document
Open the document with Notepad
Paste the following into the file:

addnode=68.118.62.156
addnode=82.156.89.64
addnode=98.175.59.71
addnode=107.170.153.13
addnode=178.62.54.145
addnode=137.175.198
addnode=188.134.72.213
addnode=68.101.51.124
addnode=204.11.237.74
addnode=96.11.62.114
addnode=137.135.60.66
addnode=212.160.231.217
addnode=150.101.188.160
addnode=198.199.102.165
addnode=217.40.200.248
addnode=37.187.144.69
addnode=93.103.8.223
addnode=50.76.237.74
addnode=74.248.49.214
addnode=188.165.2.147
addnode=108.163.197.58
addnode=217.75.69.200

Save the file.
Re-name the document Keycoin.conf (filetype .conf, not .txt)

Delete the file peers.dat (a new one will be created when you restart the wallet)

Restart your Keycoin wallet.

If it doesn't connect immediately, leave it running for awhile.  I have a wallet that runs constantly, but it's at work so I'll check the configuration I have on that one tomorrow and update this post if necessary.

Cool thanks, I'll try that in the morning.  I moved the wallet from one linux computer to another so I had to have screwed something up there.
Does anyone here have a wallet that's up to date?  Or can anyone get connections on the network?  Mine isn't synchronizing but I still see activity in the block explorer.

Have you created a Keycoin.conf file?

Go to Control Panel
In the Search box, type Folder
Click "Folder Options"
Click the tab that says View
Make sure there is no check in the box for "Hide file extensions for known file types" (de-select this option and click OK)
Exit Control Panel

On Windows 8, right-click the start button and select "Run"
(for Windows 7, left-click the start button and type "run" into "Search Programs and Files", then click Run at the top of the list)
In "Run", type %appdata% and press Enter
It will open the folder located at Appdata/Roaming, and there will be a Keycoin folder there
Open the Keycoin folder
Right-click the empty space in the folder and select Create New File - create a new Text document
Open the document with Notepad
Paste the following into the file:

addnode=68.118.62.156
addnode=82.156.89.64
addnode=98.175.59.71
addnode=107.170.153.13
addnode=178.62.54.145
addnode=137.175.198
addnode=188.134.72.213
addnode=68.101.51.124
addnode=204.11.237.74
addnode=96.11.62.114
addnode=137.135.60.66
addnode=212.160.231.217
addnode=150.101.188.160
addnode=198.199.102.165
addnode=217.40.200.248
addnode=37.187.144.69
addnode=93.103.8.223
addnode=50.76.237.74
addnode=74.248.49.214
addnode=188.165.2.147
addnode=108.163.197.58
addnode=217.75.69.200

Save the file.
Re-name the document Keycoin.conf (filetype .conf, not .txt)

Delete the file peers.dat and replace it with this one:

Restart your Keycoin wallet.

If it doesn't connect immediately, leave it running for awhile.  I have a wallet that runs constantly, but it's at work so I'll check the configuration I have on that one tomorrow and update this post if necessary.
The Future Of Work
Does anyone here have a wallet that's up to date?  Or can anyone get connections on the network?  Mine isn't synchronizing but I still see activity in the block explorer.
The Future Of Work
Pages:
Jump to: