Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | Daily Updates | 8/9 Status Update - page 70. (Read 188824 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
no one has been able to truly verify this. What would you like us to do to show to you guys that it is fud? We have tested this extensively and it's not even close at any time.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
i see this is professional fudster.
legendary
Activity: 1029
organised.. shake out...
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
This FUD is creating cheap coins  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1330
this FUD is very successful  Grin

and FUD spreader is so dedicated.
Activity: 159
hey guys we already tried running it. It's worthless because it requires access to the sending wallet, and it only gets the address of the first mixer.. which anyone can get by looking at their transaction, it however cannot get any of the remaining ones, and they are totally randomized as well. It just doesn't work guys. This is such a blatant attempt by a competing community to get their volume back. It belongs in key and it will stay here Smiley We appreciate you guys doing your homework though. Great community

It probably doesn't require access to sending wallet. There seem to be nothing specific in the source code that would somehow differentiate between the sending and non-sending wallet (qt client). Unless there is some hidden (undocumented) feature in qt client that this source code is using. But this is just my educated guess.

Can you explain which part of the program requires access to sending wallet?

The author clearly stated in the edit that it doesn't need access to sending wallet:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2c6pax/program_that_deanonymizes_anonymous_keycoin/

Address of the first mixer is enough for  deanonymization. Who sent coins to the first mixer? Some random internet troll?

Somebody sent me an example. He tested it on non-sending wallet (freshly installed) and it seems to work (not 100% sure).

Until someone gives me the correct answer to this I call FUD:

Am trying to run the program now.

ok feed it these values:

Block Height: 11237
Exact Amount: 1.9998

What wallet address did these coins originally come from?

+1
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
hey guys we already tried running it. It's worthless because it requires access to the sending wallet, and it only gets the address of the first mixer.. which anyone can get by looking at their transaction, it however cannot get any of the remaining ones, and they are totally randomized as well. It just doesn't work guys. This is such a blatant attempt by a competing community to get their volume back. It belongs in key and it will stay here Smiley We appreciate you guys doing your homework though. Great community

It probably doesn't require access to sending wallet. There seem to be nothing specific in the source code that would somehow differentiate between the sending and non-sending wallet (qt client). Unless there is some hidden (undocumented) feature in qt client that this source code is using. But this is just my educated guess.

The author clearly stated in the edit that it doesn't need access to sending wallet:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2c6pax/program_that_deanonymizes_anonymous_keycoin/

Address of the first mixer is enough for  deanonymization. Who sent coins to the first mixer? Some random internet troll?

Somebody sent me an example. He tested it on non-sending wallet (freshly installed) and it seems to work (not 100% sure).

Until someone gives me the correct answer to this I call FUD:

ok feed it these values:

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Activity: 196

ok feed it these values:

Activity: 159

Keep us updated Smiley Cheers!
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
But in the final edit section it says otherwise.

Then the original poster should be more clear in his/her edits:
This program returns address that was used by your wallet to send coins to mixer.

This indicates that it already knows the starting point as it originated from his/her wallet. It is therefore not starting from the end with zero knowledge of the starting point in the first instance.

Yes, this is indeed not clear. But from the context I think that the meaning of this sentence is: this is the address that was used by sender's qt client to send coins to the mixer.

This part scares me.

" Program has two inputs: block height of transaction which sent coins to recipient's address (this is the transaction that was sent by mixer and it is the only transaction seen by recipient) and exact amount that was received by recipient. Output of this program will be one address. This is the same address that is usually written in sender's qt client in the field "Address" on tab "Transactions" when you send anonymous transaction. "

This program returns address that was used by your wallet to send coins to mixer.

This indicates that it already knows the starting point as it originated from his/her wallet. It is therefore not starting from the end with zero knowledge of the starting point in the first instance.

Yes, this is indeed not clear. But from the context I think that the meaning of this sentence is: this is the address that was used by sender's qt client to send coins to the mixer.

Author of this C# Deanonymization program has posted some updates:

Honestly I don't understand exactly what is going on and I won't be able to test things until weekend.

Can someone explain why would anybody need more information than just the (mixer) address to which the coins were sent? I the case one of my anoymous transactions the coins were sent directly from my addresses (I have private keys for them, they were actually some change addresses of some previous (non anonymous) transactions) to this mixer address.

So if I have mixer address, then I can track three transactions that sent coins to this address and voila - I can get my original addresses which actually had some of my coins.

Who cares? If it doesn't start from the final receiving transaction with no reference to the original sending txid's in the first place and work it's way backwards from that point it is useless.

Starting from the sending end is pointless and any fool could do that.

Can someone verify this before it brings something worse?

Honestly I don't understand exactly what is going on and I won't be able to test things until weekend.

Can someone explain why would anybody need more information than just the (mixer) address to which the coins were sent? I the case one of my anoymous transactions the coins were sent directly from my addresses (I have private keys for them, they were actually some change addresses of some previous (non anonymous) transactions) to this mixer address.

So if I have mixer address, then I can track three transactions that sent coins to this address and voila - I can get my original addresses which actually had some of my coins.

Who cares? If it doesn't start from the final receiving transaction with no reference to the original sending txid's in the first place and work it's way backwards from that point it is useless.

Who cares? If it doesn't start from the final receiving transaction with no reference to the original sending txid's in the first place and work it's way backwards from that point (highlighting all transactions that were part of the anonymous payment) it is useless.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
@AltcoinAdam

Pages:
Jump to: