Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]❁ KORE Tor Masternodes, Browser, VoIP, Aether OS, KOREPhone, KOREbay Funded - page 49. (Read 152390 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 0
Hi guys
It's been a while since I visited the forum. I'm glad to see that there's a lot going on and the hard work of the Kore team. Congratulations!!!!
Go Btc
Go Kore
Activity: 90
Merit: 21
Hey guys,
What is the next event you are gonna make?
I heard that Kore is in Brazil now and building some good features... Anxious to see it.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Hey guys good morning, how you doing?

We finished in 6th place on the voting for being listed on the new exchange https://sonox.io/vote, that means Kore will get premium listing there.

Wanna thanks to all that helped vote.

Got a couple new pictures from Silvana Lima and Karol Ribeiro from the Kore surfing team.

Silvana Lima:

Karol Ribeiro:

Cheers.

Go Kore, Go BTC

Well done, to all that voted.
Cheers on 6th place.
 Smiley
Very awesome considering all KORE has had to go through.

MikeMike
Activity: 620
Merit: 289
Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★ Portuguese/SPA
Hey guys good morning, how you doing?

We finished in 6th place on the voting for being listed on the new exchange https://sonox.io/vote, that means Kore will get premium listing there.

Wanna thanks to all that helped vote.

Got a couple new pictures from Silvana Lima and Karol Ribeiro from the Kore surfing team.

Silvana Lima:

Karol Ribeiro:

Cheers.

Go Kore, Go BTC
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
We are on block 275683
Please reindex your wallets if not on this block or near it.
Bittrex has been notified.
Bittrex may take till Monday since it is a weekend.
CryptoID/the block explorer is on the correct block:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/kore/

IF you cant get on the correct chain use this banlist in the link below.
run:
clearbanned
In console after you mine a few blocks.

Let your wallet run for a long time to get as many connections on the correct block before staking.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/348003024674881537/482886615929454621/banlist.dat
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Hey guys good morning,

The voting for the sonox exchange is going to end on the 25th, please help with the voting

https://sonox.io/vote

Cheers

Go Kore Team

I like this race !!
and we are in the third place!
Let´s keep voting !

Appreciate the efforts of all whom are voting.
From now till the voting ends is most critical so lets do this!
 Shocked
MikeMike
Activity: 86
Hey guys good morning,

The voting for the sonox exchange is going to end on the 25th, please help with the voting

Cheers

Go Kore Team

I like this race !!
and we are in the third place!
Let´s keep voting !
Hey guys good morning,

Cheers

Go Kore Team
Hey guys how you doing?,

Stopping by to wish a great week to all and to share some new pictures from Silvana Lima and Karol Ribeiro.

Silvana Lima:

Karol Ribeiro:

Cheers.

Go Kore, Go BTC
Activity: 1202
Merit: 507
Pinch.Network Guaranteed Airdrop
There is now less than 5 days left of the SonoX exchange prelisting vote.
Top 15 gets listed with our premium listing package for free.
There is still plenty of room for projects to gain enough votes to get into top 15 so you better hurry.

Vote now on https://sonox.io/ and secure your spot on our new exchange!
Top 3 projects will receive a prize in SONO.
Post a screenshot of you voting as a reply on our twitter and enter our giveaway!
https://twitter.com/SonoProject
Activity: 330
Merit: 130
Ⓚ Kore Application Developer Ⓚ
I was on Kore Core version v0.12.5.0-aefd2fa-dirty (64-bit) I am guessing thats not working so it was blocked. How are you able to block wallets doesnt that go against decentralization if you can just block people? Also do I just need to download the new wallet and run that or do I need to remove all the synced data and run from scratch?
Are you insinuating that BITCOIN AND ALL OTHER COINS are centralized? If so, then yes, we are centralized.
]

Make sure you know your stuff before you falsely accuse a team of centralization. Im also curious how you think forks work. YOUR wallet wasnt blocked. your PROTOCOL was blocked along with everyone else running that protocol and below, mainly because they were causing massive network issues. Now your wallet CAN be blocked (or rather temporarily banned) by other wallets because of sending bad blocks and bad updates but that has nothing to do with team singling out a single wallet and saying it can't connect to the network. there are requirements that need to be met before you can access the network. first and foremost is tor. If you aren't on tor then you can't connect to the network, is that centralization? Our wallet, exactly like bitcoin, is open-source. If you dont like banning old peers for network stability (remember even bitcoin does this!) then it is easily within your power to fork the kore repository and make your own version of KORE that allows for all old peers to connect, however you will not be allowed to connect to the kore network without the adequate requirements being met, just like Bitcoin.

as for your other questions its easy to block old peers, in fact here is the commit i did that did it.

https://github.com/Kore-Core/KORE/commit/5cc4fa3e9b430fbc6115f661d325a74f26429378#diff-c61070c281aed6ded69036c08bd08add
and here is the commit of bitcoin doing a similar thing.
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/1ce418929a17c063a0a2e3b176b82d280ef053a6#diff-c61070c281aed6ded69036c08bd08add

You should be able to download the new wallet and run and sync with the chain but seeing as its been a while since i implemented the higher min protocol version, and thus you probably went off on a fork with the old pre-implementation chain, then you might have to attempt to reindex.

Matrix
Matrix, I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am trying to understand how it is possible even if it is possible in bitcoin. Its for self learning. I have always been a supporter here and there are no hard feelings here. Thanks for the detailed information as I truly dont understand the technical side of wallets and this is an eye opener also. Again I ask these questions to learn not to play a blame game. I guess I put the question wrong maybe thats what offended you.
I appologize then, how i read it sounded like it was.
How it works is relatively simple. when a wallet connects to another wallet it sends it's information
essentially:
"hi im koreisawesome.onion, here is my current block and this is the protocol im running, can i connect?"
the reply returns the same info but from the other wallet
"hi koreisawesome.onion, sure you can connect, here is my protocol and information"

now if its an old protocol it would essentially be like:
"hi im koreisawesome.onion, here is my current block and this is the protocol im running, can i connect?"
"no"

you can run the command kore-cli getpeerinfo to get the info the wallets are sending eachother
Code:
  {
    "id": 1843,
    "addr": "hggmh3vhkjebz4j5.onion",
    "services": "0000000000000005",
    "relaytxes": true,
    "lastsend": 1534615596,
    "lastrecv": 1534615597,
    "bytessent": 239236,
    "bytesrecv": 254434,
    "conntime": 1534609655,
    "timeoffset": -8,
    "pingtime": 0.990347,
    "minping": 0.720863,
    "version": 70101,
    "subver": "/Kore:0.12.6.2/",
    "inbound": false,
    "startingheight": 269444,
    "banscore": 0,
    "synced_headers": 269502,
    "synced_blocks": 269502,
    "inflight": [
    ],
    "whitelisted": false,
    "bytessent_per_msg": {
      "addr": 55,
      "dseep": 139160,
      "getaddr": 24,
      "getdata": 3477,
      "getheaders": 1021,
      "headers": 4218,
      "inv": 83811,
      "mnb": 416,
      "mnp": 2907,
      "mnw": 322,
      "ping": 1764,
      "pong": 1568,
      "sendheaders": 24,
      "ssc": 320,
      "verack": 24,
      "version": 125
    },
    "bytesrecv_per_msg": {
      "*other*": 146420,
      "addr": 4970,
      "block": 8703,
      "getdata": 1220,
      "getheaders": 1021,
      "headers": 5472,
      "inv": 82803,
      "ping": 1764,
      "pong": 1568,
      "sendheaders": 24,
      "ssc": 320,
      "verack": 24,
      "version": 125
    }
  },
you can see in the example above
"version": 70101
this is the protocol version that the wallet is looking at, it relates to the network requests that that wallet can send and receive.
all we do then is tell the wallet "hey if the 'version' is below this number, dont allow it to connect"

hope that helped

Matrix
Activity: 11
Could you please provide pre-compiled kore-qt v0.12.6.2 for Ubuntu 16.04?
I can provide this service, in fact i used to for a few wallet versions, but the issue is nobody, or only one or two, was using it. With so few people using it it doesnt really justify the time it takes to compile it for a .deb and then validating everything is working

Matrix
I don't need .deb package.
I just need a single binary kore-qt v0.12.6.2 for Ubuntu 16.04 environment.
Is it so hard for you?
Why don't you place such pre compiled version on github?
Or just send me that binary file version on my request?
My current wallet and my masternodes v.0.12.5.* stucks whille sync with the blockchain.
My attempts to compile kore-qt failed.
I ask a support - just send me pre-compiled binary kore-qt, please.

Thank you.
Activity: 86
I was on Kore Core version v0.12.5.0-aefd2fa-dirty (64-bit) I am guessing thats not working so it was blocked. How are you able to block wallets doesnt that go against decentralization if you can just block people? Also do I just need to download the new wallet and run that or do I need to remove all the synced data and run from scratch?
Are you insinuating that BITCOIN AND ALL OTHER COINS are centralized? If so, then yes, we are centralized.
https://i.imgur.com/IIPd1GX.png?1]

Make sure you know your stuff before you falsely accuse a team of centralization. Im also curious how you think forks work. YOUR wallet wasnt blocked. your PROTOCOL was blocked along with everyone else running that protocol and below, mainly because they were causing massive network issues. Now your wallet CAN be blocked (or rather temporarily banned) by other wallets because of sending bad blocks and bad updates but that has nothing to do with team singling out a single wallet and saying it can't connect to the network. there are requirements that need to be met before you can access the network. first and foremost is tor. If you aren't on tor then you can't connect to the network, is that centralization? Our wallet, exactly like bitcoin, is open-source. If you dont like banning old peers for network stability (remember even bitcoin does this!) then it is easily within your power to fork the kore repository and make your own version of KORE that allows for all old peers to connect, however you will not be allowed to connect to the kore network without the adequate requirements being met, just like Bitcoin.

as for your other questions its easy to block old peers, in fact here is the commit i did that did it.

https://github.com/Kore-Core/KORE/commit/5cc4fa3e9b430fbc6115f661d325a74f26429378#diff-c61070c281aed6ded69036c08bd08add
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/1ce418929a17c063a0a2e3b176b82d280ef053a6#diff-c61070c281aed6ded69036c08bd08add

You should be able to download the new wallet and run and sync with the chain but seeing as its been a while since i implemented the higher min protocol version, and thus you probably went off on a fork with the old pre-implementation chain, then you might have to attempt to reindex.

Matrix

Another question here is. I have started using the new wallet, do I need to have tor installed inorder to run this or what. I am sorry for asking stupid questions.

If  you have questions, please ask! we will make the best to answer them.
  You don´t need tor installed because the tor is already integrated with the wallet.
Activity: 519
Merit: 502
I was on Kore Core version v0.12.5.0-aefd2fa-dirty (64-bit) I am guessing thats not working so it was blocked. How are you able to block wallets doesnt that go against decentralisation if you can just block people? Also do I just need to download the new wallet and run that or do I need to remove all the synced data and run from scratch?

This is not fighting decentralization.
It strengthens the network/decentralization.
It is a standard in the crypto space to block old, outdated misbehaving peers.
Yes,...
It means you are required to do an upgrade.
Something you should do from time to time.

MikeMike
Thanks... noted and already updated.
]

Matrix

Another question here is. I have started using the new wallet, do I need to have tor installed inorder to run this or what. I am sorry for asking stupid questions.
]

Matrix
Matrix, I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am trying to understand how it is possible even if it is possible in bitcoin. Its for self learning. I have always been a supporter here and there are no hard feelings here. Thanks for the detailed information as I truly dont understand the technical side of wallets and this is an eye opener also. Again I ask these questions to learn not to play a blame game. I guess I put the question wrong maybe thats what offended you.
]

Matrix
I can provide this service, in fact i used to for a few wallet versions, but the issue is nobody, or only one or two, was using it. With so few people using it it doesnt really justify the time it takes to compile it for a .deb and then validating everything is working

Matrix
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
I was on Kore Core version v0.12.5.0-aefd2fa-dirty (64-bit) I am guessing thats not working so it was blocked. How are you able to block wallets doesnt that go against decentralisation if you can just block people? Also do I just need to download the new wallet and run that or do I need to remove all the synced data and run from scratch?

This is not fighting decentralization.
It strengthens the network/decentralization.
It is a standard in the crypto space to block old, outdated misbehaving peers.
Yes,...
It means you are required to do an upgrade.
Something you should do from time to time.

MikeMike
Pages:
Jump to: