Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 200. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Ok, thanks for the info. Had some issues about a time span of 2 hours, where kraken was unavailable sometimes or very laggy. Now it is back to business as usual.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Does kraken currently have performance issues? Today, it often does not react or only very slowly.
No issues here, checked via PC and Mobile.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Does kraken currently have performance issues? Today, it often does not react or only very slowly.

I am using Kraken actually 24/7 and don't have the issues you mentioned. However there are certain times it it might react with a slight delay, i.e. when we see a flash crash like on 19.8. but that one wasn't that heavy at Kraken, so I placed my orders and they went through as always, didn't feel any delay.
@Dargo

Any ETA on when Kraken will eventually open it's second largest volume pair eth/btc for margin trading ?
This would sure boost liquidity, which is still needed for Kraken doing even better.
I and many others I know off won't trade ethbtc at Kraken until we can short/long/leverage
Thanks

Your question is very timely my friend - the ETA for margin trading ETH/XBT is now! Here are the basics:

• Tier 3 account verification is required for margin trading.
  • The borrow limits for now are 10,000 ETH (for short positions) and 40 XBT (for long positions).
  • The available leverages are: 1.5x, 2x, and 2.5x.
  • Please be careful! Even without leverage, ETH trading is not for the faint-hearted. Leverage amplifies your potential for profit, but it also amplifies your potential for loss. Do not margin trade until you fully understand how margin trading works. See the following for information on leverage and margin from our trading guide: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/sections/200559303-Trading-Leverage-and-Margin.
  • Have fun!  Smiley

Indeed, what a timely question Smiley
Thanks for giving us what we have been waiting for - it's win win for Kraken and it's clients.
There must be a notable number of immediate new and ongoing signups and requests for Tier3 verification by now.

Overall Opinion in chats and direct communications with other traders is throughout positive. Way to go, Kraken Team.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Utterly un-important: The new website design is great! Everything except for the font 'Proxima-Nova Light' that you use at the top and bottom of the site. It looks very weird, and made me question for the first time in my life whether I'm dyslexic. I'm using Google Chrome on Linux so it could just be my setup. Wondering if anyone else finds it hard to read.

Thanks for pointing this out coinpr0n. We are aware that a few OS/browser combos have this issue. We probably need to change to a heavier font to fix it.
legendary
I have an issue with the date/ time of open positions. It is not mentioned in a column in the "open positions" tab, as already suggested.

Until now I
(1) clicked on an order of an open position
(2) clicked on a specific trade in the subtab "trade positions"
to find out about the date and time of the opening positon.

However, information to specific trades cannot be viewed anymore. I suspect that only a limited number of past trades can be seen in the console.

It would be great if you could fix that. Even better would be a date column in the open positons tab or, alternatively, a timer when the next rollover is due for a position.

I think I see what you mean ICFiedler. You can't open the individual trade positions, so you can't see the specific info for them. I'll look into getting this fixed. For now you might try looking at the closed orders that opened the positions and getting the time from there.
legendary
^ As mentioned above, we are now live with ETH/XBT margin trading!

In related news, XBT/EUR max leverage has been upped to 5x. Limits for XBT/EUR margin have been raised to 25k/50k EUR and 150/300 XBT at tiers 3/4, respectively. 1.25x leverage has been removed.
legendary
@Dargo

Any ETA on when Kraken will eventually open it's second largest volume pair eth/btc for margin trading ?
This would sure boost liquidity, which is still needed for Kraken doing even better.
I and many others I know off won't trade ethbtc at Kraken until we can short/long/leverage
Thanks

Your question is very timely my friend - the ETA for margin trading ETH/XBT is now! Here are the basics:

• Tier 3 account verification is required for margin trading.
  • The borrow limits for now are 10,000 ETH (for short positions) and 40 XBT (for long positions).
  • The available leverages are: 1.5x, 2x, and 2.5x.
  • Please be careful! Even without leverage, ETH trading is not for the faint-hearted. Leverage amplifies your potential for profit, but it also amplifies your potential for loss. Do not margin trade until you fully understand how margin trading works. See the following for information on leverage and margin from our trading guide: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/sections/200559303-Trading-Leverage-and-Margin.
  • Have fun!  Smiley
Activity: 910
Utterly un-important: The new website design is great! Everything except for the font 'Proxima-Nova Light' that you use at the top and bottom of the site. It looks very weird, and made me question for the first time in my life whether I'm dyslexic. I'm using Google Chrome on Linux so it could just be my setup. Wondering if anyone else finds it hard to read.
@Dargo

Thanks

I have an issue with the date/ time of open positions. It is not mentioned in a column in the "open positions" tab, as already suggested.

Until now I
(1) clicked on an order of an open position
(2) clicked on a specific trade in the subtab "trade positions"
to find out about the date and time of the opening positon.

However, information to specific trades cannot be viewed anymore. I suspect that only a limited number of past trades can be seen in the console.

It would be great if you could fix that. Even better would be a date column in the open positons tab or, alternatively, a timer when the next rollover is due for a position.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
One of the best exchange, with good service and others.. Currently trading here.. Cheers
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Things should be returning to normal, though some of you may still get Cloudflare time-out for a little while longer. Let us know if things don't improve for you.
I'm able to login, thank you Smiley
legendary
Kraken unavaible? I get a Gateway timout error: Error reference number: 504

I can access the website itself most of the time, but I'm unable to login and get the error message.

Same here:

Gateway time-out

The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

Ray ID: 216535578c752732
    Your IP address: (removed)
    Error reference number: 504
    CloudFlare Location: Frankfurt

Thanks for the reports - we are looking into it. No problems connecting to the site in California, so it appears to be a regional issue.

Things should be returning to normal, though some of you may still get Cloudflare time-out for a little while longer. Let us know if things don't improve for you.
I also noticed that if I am using a wrong login/password/OTP deliberately, I get an immediate reply from kraken.com ("invalid password"), so no timeout.

Only when I am supplying a correct login/password/OTP, I run into the timeout. So I guess the problem starts "behind" the login.
Thanks for the reports - we are looking into it. No problems connecting to the site in California, so it appears to be a regional issue.

Thanks for looking into this!

It also happens when connecting through a US proxy:

Gateway time-out

Ray ID: 21656c27496e2555
    CloudFlare Location: Chicago
legendary

I can access the website itself most of the time, but I'm unable to login and get the error message.

Same here:

Gateway time-out

Same here:

Gateway time-out

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Hi Serpens, I just tried to recreate these problems, but login works just fine for me right now (11:55 am CET). Can you try again and report back?
nope... I PM'd you a more detailed report.
Jump to: