Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 204. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Thank you Serpens66.

We can understand your frustration and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I've messaged you 1-on-1 so we can resolve your issue.

I confirm that kraken.austin works for Kraken. kraken.austin will be helping Yunus and I to represent Kraken on bitcointalk.

I'm sorry we didn't reply about the minimum order issue back when it was first asked about. I think there was a miscommunication between Yunus and I about which one of us was going to follow up on it. We are looking into it and I'll post something more when I have more information.

Problem kind of solved:
Austin told me, that it is possible to change the quote currency.
So instead of placing an order of 0.005BTC, you place an order about 1€ ~= 0.005BTC .  
It seems that 0.01BTC is the minimum with BTC, but 1€ is the minimum with EUR.

Why are you not able to set a minimum for everything? So just make a minimum of 0.001BTC for all pairs (all pairs with btc). Or make just the minimum of 1€.
But two different minimum for the same pair are not good I think.

I think it's a great feature Kraken offers in letting you choose the volume currency. But it does create issues for setting order minimums and there are pros and cons with the different options. I'm looking into this and will get back to you once I have better understanding of the pros and cons and what the best solution might be.
legendary
one thing that is annoying me to death, can you do that when you visit the website you are already in the sing-in tab? because some times, i forget about that and i start writing my password on the sign-up field...

So when you go to kraken.com, you want to be automatically directed to kraken.com/login? Is that what you mean?
Activity: 707
Merit: 501
Another fast transaction. Yesterday I made a withdrawal to my bank account and today is money already on my account. Thank you for great service! Will definitely recommend to everyone.
Activity: 910
Would you like to discuss adding new altcoins such as DASH and XMR to your site?

Funny I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. The coins offered are already quite a fine selection, but if any I would also add one of these type of coins (DASH and XMR being to two most prominent).
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
Would you like to discuss adding new altcoins such as DASH and XMR to your site?
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Thank you Serpens66.

We can understand your frustration and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I confirm that kraken.austin works for Kraken. kraken.austin will be helping Yunus and I to represent Kraken on bitcointalk.

I'm sorry we didn't reply about the minimum order issue back when it was first asked about. I think there was a miscommunication between Yunus and I about which one of us was going to follow up on it. We are looking into it and I'll post something more when I have more information.

Problem kind of solved:
Austin told me, that it is possible to change the quote currency.
So instead of placing an order of 0.005BTC, you place an order about 1€ ~= 0.005BTC .  
It seems that 0.01BTC is the minimum with BTC, but 1€ is the minimum with EUR.

Why are you not able to set a minimum for everything? So just make a minimum of 0.001BTC for all pairs (all pairs with btc). Or make just the minimum of 1€.
But two different minimum for the same pair are not good I think.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
one thing that is annoying me to death, can you do that when you visit the website you are already in the sing-in tab? because some times, i forget about that and i start writing my password on the sign-up field...
legendary
Anything new about lowering confirmations from 6 to 3?

I don't have anything specific to announce about it yet, but we are considering this.
Activity: 707
Merit: 501
Anything new about lowering confirmations from 6 to 3?
legendary
Thank you Serpens66.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Thank you Serpens66.

legendary
And another topic:
The minimum amount of an normal order is 0.01BTC, even via API, right? How is it possible that sometimes there are alot of orders lower than that? It was like 0.001BTC every 5 cents.  So it could not be partially filled orders.  Is there a way to place orders lower than 0.01BTC ?
If wanted I can take a screenshot next time I see it.
Let me (or Dargo) get back to you about (b), the minimal order size

Anything new about this? The order I'm talking about is 0.005BTC and the person/bot who place it is active at the moment:
Screenshot:  http://www11.pic-upload.de/20.06.15/t9h3fw2k1qxq.jpg

This is really annoying, since one strategy of my bot is to buy an order with the same amount. So if one 0.005BTC order is the best selling price, my bot tries to buy 0.005BTC at this price.  But because of your minimum amount my bot can'T do this, so it does simply nothing.

Of course I could modify my bot to check the next best order in orderbook, but this would take alot of programming.

So how does this user creates 0.005BTC order?!?!
legendary

This has probably be mentioned before, but can you review the 0.0005 BTC miner fee? Fee calculation has been optimized since 0.10.0, IIRC.

We have a highly customized wallet system that doesn't use the latest bitcoind fee calculator. I'll see if the system can be updated to be more in line with what you'd expect from bitcoind though.

legendary
I have a problem sending Litecoins to Kraken. My electrum-ltc always returns an error "error:{u'message':u TX rejected', u'code':-22}" when sending LTC to kraken. I already created a new ltc address but the problem remains.
I do not get this problem sending to other addresses. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?
Kind regards

Edit:
After trying againg and again the last 1-2h it finally worked now. No idea what happened...

It's probably an electrum issue (but the error code is actually from bitcoind) - some possible reasons are:

You were trying to send coins that hadn't received 120 confirmations yet
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/error-umessage-utx-rejected-ucode-22-solved-248072

You tried to send the same transaction twice
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/8401/electrum-error-message-22

If those don't fit, try googling the error code and see if any of the hits explain it.
legendary
Litecoin withdrawal issues anyone?

It is telling me the max I can withdraw is 0.00027, no Litecoins on withheld. Currently over 300 Litecoins in my Kraken account. What is going on?
No limits hit etc

I see one support ticket about this kind of issue (maybe yours), but in that case the client has already been able to withdraw their litecoin. Are you still having an issue?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Litecoin withdrawal issues anyone?

It is telling me the max I can withdraw is 0.00027, no Litecoins on withheld. Currently over 300 Litecoins in my Kraken account. What is going on?
No limits hit etc
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
I have a problem sending Litecoins to Kraken. My electrum-ltc always returns an error "error:{u'message':u TX rejected', u'code':-22}" when sending LTC to kraken. I already created a new ltc address but the problem remains.
I do not get this problem sending to other addresses. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?
Kind regards

Edit:
After trying againg and again the last 1-2h it finally worked now. No idea what happened...
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF

This has probably be mentioned before, but can you review the 0.0005 BTC miner fee? Fee calculation has been optimized since 0.10.0, IIRC.
legendary
I believe LakeBTC offers a dark pool, and their minimum order is also 50 BTC. Remember that the dark pool is a separate market with a separate hidden order book. It's not intended as a market for bots to run on. The sole purpose of the market is as place where people can place large orders discretely. If you allow small order size, then people can now probe the hidden book with small orders to try and figure out where the orders are, so it undermines the privacy somewhat. One use case for the dark pool might be where someone puts up 10,000 BTC to sell and has previously arranged with someone else to put up a matching sell order to take it. Both parties want this to happen in private and are willing to pay an extra 0.1% fee for the privacy.

But there is a different product that is also useful, even more useful to some, and offered by some other exchanges - namely hidden orders that go to the lit pool (i.e. the normal visible order book). This type of order would be useful for dealing with the bots on the lit pool and here I agree that it does make sense to allow for smaller orders. This is something we are also looking at offering, but we consider it to be a separate product. So, stay tuned, and maybe you will be able to place hidden orders to the lit pool if that feature appeals to you.  

aaaah , I overread Yunus answer, that there are seperated orderbooks!
And I mixed up dark order - hidden orders, and thought they would be the same.

Thanks for clarifying this! Smiley  So yes, the minimum size is good, but when introducing hidden orders, there should be a lower limit Smiley
legendary

I have this case using the dark pool.

-I create a margin long limit order like:  BUY 50 XBT/EUR.d  LIMIT 200,  with conditional close LIMIT 202
-The order doesn't appear in the order book (dark pool) and gets filled slowly.
-Now, each time the order gets filled, a conditional close limit 200 order gets created until the buy order got filled completely.

Question:
Are these automatically created conditional close orders going to be invisible as well ( dark pool )  ?
This question arises, because the limit for a dark pool order is 50BTC.

EDIT:
I just realized that dark pool operates on a separate order book, so a 50BTC dark pool order would have to get filled at once, as the current minimum has been set to 50BTC.
So I assume a conditional close order would have to appear on the very same dark pool order book and thus would not appear to the public as well.

The conditional close feature should be disabled for the dark pool. I just tested this and found it to be disabled. Also, margin is disabled for the dark pool. So my guess is that you probably created a regular margin order on the XBT/EUR pair and didn't actually have the XBT/EUR.d pair selected.
Jump to: