Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 196. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Just about everyone should have access now, though the DDoS is ongoing and some may still experience zero or slow access.

To answer KrakenTrader's Q above, I don't have any information I can share at this time, but we always strive to be as transparent as we can so long as it doesn't compromise security. So I'll see what I can do to share info about improved anti-DDoS measures later.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Hi all - we understand your frustration and will be doing what we can to increase protection against DDOS. DDOS protection is only a matter of degree though and no matter what you do, it's still possible for someone with enough resources to successfully attack. Unfortunately there are people out there who can't make money on their own trading/investing skills and have to resort to this crap in an effort to make a buck. 

Dargo,

Absolutely. If someone wants to get your site down, they probably will be able to do so depending on how much resources they are willing to use against it.
You said "...[we] will be doing what we can to increase protection against DDOS..."

Question:
Is it possible to be more specific, without giving out knowledge to potential attackers?

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
when even btc-e starts looking tempting, you know your own exchange has some big issues
legendary
Hi all - we understand your frustration and will be doing what we can to increase protection against DDOS. DDOS protection is only a matter of degree though and no matter what you do, it's still possible for someone with enough resources to successfully attack. Unfortunately there are people out there who can't make money on their own trading/investing skills and have to resort to this crap in an effort to make a buck. 
Activity: 1011
Merit: 721
Decentralize everything
I could expect this from somewhere like Cryptsy or Btc-e but this is really unacceptable for a "professional" exchange like Kraken
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I'm out of Kraken ASAP. Simple as that.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
Please fix this with a more permanent solution. The website is unavailable again.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 368
I made a BTC deposit to one of my (used) kraken deposit addresses, but although it already has 10 confirmations on the blockchain it doesn't show up in my "recent deposits" tab on Kraken.
The deposit address I used is not expired or expiring by the way.

Should I worry?

A few days ago I also made a deposit to a different kraken address, and that one showed up as soon as it had a single conformation.
Activity: 910
Hi All - If you are unable to connect to the site, we are working on it. It appears to be a DDOS. Will update when I have more information.

Service should be restored for all clients now. Since this was a DDOS attack, it was not caused by increased trade volume on the site.

Thanks for the updates. I haven't had any issues today, although I did last week. Hopefully the DDoS can be mitigated some way.
legendary
Hi All - If you are unable to connect to the site, we are working on it. It appears to be a DDOS. Will update when I have more information.

Service should be restored for all clients now. Since this was a DDOS attack, it was not caused by increased trade volume on the site.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
This is very unlike kraken. I've never had any problems with them before, surprised to see the site is down at the moment.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
It seems like you guys at Kraken can't handle the volume lately...
legendary
legendary
Activity: 924
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
Site seems to be down just as they where having nice volume on BTC.
legendary
Someone should  help me here please kraken suspended my withdrawals , I've submitted a ticket more than 5 days no reply,
And they blocked my ability to trade , please

Replied to your PM
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
The Kraken website is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

Seriously? This is somewhat unacceptable. Really.
People will lose their shirt on margin.

yeah i was getting a bit nervous for this, but it may happen some times, as long the fund are safe i don't really care

i hope it will never be violated

All that is attached to the internet is violable (by its definition) but I think kraken has a good security 'system'.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
The Kraken website is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

Seriously? This is somewhat unacceptable. Really.
People will lose their shirt on margin.

yeah i was getting a bit nervous for this, but it may happen some times, as long the fund are safe i don't really care

i hope it will never be violated
legendary
Hi All,

We are aware of the connection issue to the site and working to resolve it.

It was a DDoS, but connections issues should be resolved now.
legendary
Hi All,

We are aware of the connection issue to the site and working to resolve it.
Jump to: