Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 212. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
you should move the FAQ question "What are the options to deposit or withdraw cash and what are the fees?" to the "Fee" sub page to have all fees listed in one place.
Activity: 132
A suggestion to further increase the trading experience at kraken: a distinction between active and inactive orders.

While an active order is in the order book, an inactive order is not. Currently, all orders are active orders. Inactive orders will have the option to be activated automatically or only manually. Here are some examples how the addition of inactive orders can help the users:
(1) Someone wants to place orders overnight, but has a to await a deposit before. By placing inactive orders, he can go to bed and the orders get automatically activated, when the deposit arrives.
(2) Suppose price increases sharply and a user sells his free bitcoins. He would love to sell also his coins, which are reserved for other orders, but he currently cannot until he manually cancels his orders and the price might have already went back until then. With inactive orders, he can sell all his coins, without cancelling his orders. His other orders would just become inactive -- until he deposits or buys back.
(3) A user might want to place inactive orders in order to react quicker to market reactions by manually activating such an inactive order when the market gets rough and moves quickly. That only works, when activating an order is quicker than putting a new one (which might well be the cas, if orders can be activated by just a mouse click).

There are even more applications for inactive orders. But those are the main advantages I see.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I see there's some new information on the dashboard balance, equity and some margin stuff. Exciting times!
legendary
Activity: 1820
Usually fidor to fidor transactions at kraken are executed every 60 minutes + a few seconds. The average time is thus ~30 minutes. But most of the time, the user does not know in advance whether it will be 1 minute or 60 minutes (sometimes it is possible to derive the time from previous transactions).

I would thus like to suggest at countdown timer of when the kraken-fidor bot is transacting the withdrawals/deposits. This would not only eliminate the permant checking of whether the funds arrived but also help to time deposits and withdrawals better in order to reduce the average transaction time from 30 minutes to <5 minutes.

Some of the time, the kraken-fidor bot is operating lesss often than every ~60 minutes. This is the case during the European night, as Serpens already pointed out before. But sometimes it is also during the European day. For example right now. It would be great, if the countdown timer would indicate that the bot is currently not active.
just in addition:
I remember Dargo or Yunus told me, that the check for new transactions does happen always in the same timeframes. I was told that the Fidor API is the cause, why it takes longer at night.
But anyway, I'm sure you are able to comply with it to create such a timer Smiley

I will present the idea to the devs - the update that is done every 60 minutes is on our side, so we can probably have a timer for that. But it might not always be accurate if something on the Fidor side makes it take longer.   
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Usually fidor to fidor transactions at kraken are executed every 60 minutes + a few seconds. The average time is thus ~30 minutes. But most of the time, the user does not know in advance whether it will be 1 minute or 60 minutes (sometimes it is possible to derive the time from previous transactions).

I would thus like to suggest at countdown timer of when the kraken-fidor bot is transacting the withdrawals/deposits. This would not only eliminate the permant checking of whether the funds arrived but also help to time deposits and withdrawals better in order to reduce the average transaction time from 30 minutes to <5 minutes.

Some of the time, the kraken-fidor bot is operating lesss often than every ~60 minutes. This is the case during the European night, as Serpens already pointed out before. But sometimes it is also during the European day. For example right now. It would be great, if the countdown timer would indicate that the bot is currently not active.
just in addition:
I remember Dargo or Yunus told me, that the check for new transactions does happen always in the same timeframes. I was told that the Fidor API is the cause, why it takes longer at night.
But anyway, I'm sure you are able to comply with it to create such a timer Smiley

You're probably well aware of how your platform works ... but I find a little weird that when I place an order for selling more than the amount of bitcoins I actually have the trade is still processed (albeit only for the amount of bitcoins I do have). The order on the trade history list is shown as 'Cancelled' which is can be confusing, since it was actually processed just not for the entire amount I entered. Anyway, I just think it would have been easier if the trade weren't allowed to go through - but I suspect you guys have your reasons for it being this way and I do trust your judgement.

Yes, the system allows you to create an order to sell a bit more currency than you have, though it shouldn't allow you to go over by very much. There are probably other reasons, but one that comes to mind is that we calculate balances to more decimal places than is convenient to display (the displayed amounts are truncated). So in some cases you will want to create an order to sell more currency than you have in order to make sure you sell it all.

Aha! Well that makes sense. It's a good solution to the annoyance of being left with bits of dust in a wallet that you cannot touch. Thanks again Dargo for the support.
legendary
You're probably well aware of how your platform works ... but I find a little weird that when I place an order for selling more than the amount of bitcoins I actually have the trade is still processed (albeit only for the amount of bitcoins I do have). The order on the trade history list is shown as 'Cancelled' which is can be confusing, since it was actually processed just not for the entire amount I entered. Anyway, I just think it would have been easier if the trade weren't allowed to go through - but I suspect you guys have your reasons for it being this way and I do trust your judgement.

Yes, the system allows you to create an order to sell a bit more currency than you have, though it shouldn't allow you to go over by very much. There are probably other reasons, but one that comes to mind is that we calculate balances to more decimal places than is convenient to display (the displayed amounts are truncated). So in some cases you will want to create an order to sell more currency than you have in order to make sure you sell it all.
legendary
I found a issue because of design... wonder why no one mentionend it before ^^

It's about the API documentation.
On the left are the topics, but when I scroll down, only the right scrolls. It seems not possible to scroll the topics.
Also when you scroll to the bottom of the page, the topic list overlap the info shown at the bottom of the page.

If you are not able to see this, I will take a screenshot. I use the latest version of firefox.

Thanks Serpens - we have a ticket for this issue and will address it.

And a suggestion for API Order canceling:
Could you please add information to krakens answer after canceling an order?
I need information about the last amount of the order.
Because it happens quiet often, that I ask for open orders -> my orders are unfilled. Right after that I cancel the order, but before I can do this, someone fills my order partially.   But now the order gets canceled... so I will never know if it was partially filled or not.
At the moment the only way I know, would be to ask the history of my trades, but this would waste API counts and is quiet complicated. 
I hope you understood my suggestion Cheesy If not, I will tell Yunus about it Wink

I understand and will pass your comment along to the people in charge of the API (and documentation of the API).
Activity: 609
Merit: 505

On the left are the topics, but when I scroll down, only the right scrolls. It seems not possible to scroll the topics.
Also when you scroll to the bottom of the page, the topic list overlap the info shown at the bottom of the page.

If you are not able to see this, I will take a screenshot. I use the latest version of firefox.

Because it happens quiet often, that I ask for open orders -> my orders are unfilled. Right after that I cancel the order, but before I can do this, someone fills my order partially.   But now the order gets canceled... so I will never know if it was partially filled or not.
At the moment the only way I know, would be to ask the history of my trades, but this would waste API counts and is quiet complicated. 
I hope you understood my suggestion Cheesy If not, I will tell Yunus about it Wink

The only accurate way (that I know of) to get fills on kraken is to poll the /0/private/TradeHistory endpoint.

Polling for open orders will always have the problem you describe; it is "leaky" i.e. it leaks fills.
legendary

legendary
"Withdrawals are not currently available
Withdrawals have been temporarily disabled for this asset. Please check back later."

--> BTC withdrawals are disabled. Any reason why and when they will be back on track?

I think we need to phrase this message differently, because it doesn't mean that withdrawals have globally been taken offline for the asset. It could just be a temporary communication issue that affects your account when you try it but not someone else who tries a short time later. It's usually not because we have intentionally taken withdrawals offline (though the wording suggests this). I'd try it a few times, giving 5-10 mins or so between each try and if you still can't withdraw, let us know with a ticket. And if it starts happening with more regularity, just let us know with a ticket right away. So far as we know, it doesn't happen very often.    
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
Another successfull withdrawal to my bank account. It took less than 13 hours all together.
Btw it will be great if you could decrease number of confirmations.

We are considering lowering the number of confirmations.

I consider that 2 confirmations is safe enough for any deposit, so it would be really appreciated if you lowered them. The waiting time has made me lose money multiple times...
legendary
Another successfull withdrawal to my bank account. It took less than 13 hours all together.

We are considering lowering the number of confirmations.
legendary
Do you do something special at kraken at 3:22 am?
Yesterday it was 3:24am when getting this error and today its 3:22am... I remember it happend some weeks ago also 2-3 times and also ~3am.
It's to difficult to translate it into english, but Yunus will tell you about it:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10776655

OK, I'll check with Yunus to see what this is about.
"Withdrawals are not currently available
Withdrawals have been temporarily disabled for this asset. Please check back later."

--> BTC withdrawals are disabled. Any reason why and when they will be back on track?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
legendary
Do you do something special at kraken at 3:22 am?
Yesterday it was 3:24am when getting this error and today its 3:22am... I remember it happend some weeks ago also 2-3 times and also ~3am.
It's to difficult to translate it into english, but Yunus will tell you about it:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10776655
I'm not a really a trader, just using Kraken to buy/sell BTC sometimes. IIRC before, when all my funds were in an untouched order, if I tried placing another order it would not go through. Yesterday I placed an order (at market price) and only later did I realise I still hadn't removed the previous untouched order. I cancelled it, no problem. But is that a new feature? Margin trading? Excuse my ignorance.

Margin trading is an upcoming feature. From what you describe, it sounds to me like you shouldn't have been able to place that second order. It would be much appreciated if you created a ticket about it with the relevant order numbers so we can check it out.

Edit: After talking to one of our devs I learned that it is possible to execute a market order without removing a previous limit order.

Thank you Dargo for looking into this. I was just curious about it. Also, glad to see you guys working on new features. Sounds exciting!
Jump to: