Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 220. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Great! Limits for non-USD currency are determined by conversion using the current price in USD. We can't break up payments to accept partial payments under the limit. Doing so would be problematic from a regulatory perspective and also not provide much incentive to obey the limits in the first place (why not just send a huge payment and let us break it up for you to get the money in your account as quickly as possible).

well, that would be a very nice feature! ;-)

or at least show the current state of limits somewhere.

anyways, support is really helpful and i should get my holded coins released soon.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
are deposit and withdrawal limits only for fiat or are they also affecting BTC?

i just deposited 10 btc and even after 6 confirmations they show up as "on hold".

The limits apply to all currencies. If you haven't already, you should make a support request.
thanks for the info! yes i am in contact with support already!

anyways, since the limits are given in USD, how are the limits for other fiats and for digital currencies determined? are they just converted using the current price?

also, why is not the part confirmed which is under the limit? and just the part over the limit is put on hold.

Great! Limits for non-USD currency are determined by conversion using the current price in USD. We can't break up payments to accept partial payments under the limit. Doing so would be problematic from a regulatory perspective and also not provide much incentive to obey the limits in the first place (why not just send a huge payment and let us break it up for you to get the money in your account as quickly as possible).

i just deposited 10 btc and even after 6 confirmations they show up as "on hold".

The limits apply to all currencies. If you haven't already, you should make a support request.
thanks for the info! yes i am in contact with support already!

anyways, since the limits are given in USD, how are the limits for other fiats and for digital currencies determined? are they just converted using the current price?

also, why is not the part confirmed which is under the limit? and just the part over the limit is put on hold.
legendary

legendary
Hey dargo,

your orderbook API gives me wrong data every ~2 hours. Then the information for the best bid/ask (so "count" is 1) is shown like this:
{'error': [], 'result': {'XXBTZEUR': {'asks': [['165.86660', '2.090', 1421300279]], 'bids': []}}}
So the bid is missing.

Why does this happen? Would it not happen if "count" would be 2? (so is there only one bid missing, or are there all bids missing?)

Hi Serpens - I'll check with one of our devs about this and let you know.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Hey dargo,

your orderbook API gives me wrong data every ~2 hours. Then the information for the best bid/ask (so "count" is 1) is shown like this:
{'error': [], 'result': {'XXBTZEUR': {'asks': [['165.86660', '2.090', 1421300279]], 'bids': []}}}
So the bid is missing.

Why does this happen? Would it not happen if "count" would be 2? (so is there only one bid missing, or are there all bids missing?)
Activity: 434
can i get my pending euro deposit hurried up please?  Kiss

If you give me the ticket # I can take a look at the deposit.

it landed.

great service  Cool
Activity: 244

If you give me the ticket # I can take a look at the deposit.
Activity: 434
legendary

Largest Kraken Trading Volume ever = 8527 BTC on Tuesday 13.01.2015

Yep. Nice to see our volume trending up.  Smiley
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Largest Kraken Trading Volume ever = 8527 BTC on Tuesday 13.01.2015
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
All good! Thanks

Yeah these days I experienced delays on the blockchain while depositing bitcoins - it took around 3 hours to see 6 confirmations.
Here you can view the list of all unconfirmed-transactions in real time
https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
legendary
A EUR withdrawal I requested this weekend has the status "on hold", never seen that before. Someone from another forum I frequent is reporting the same. What's up?

If you haven't done so already, you should create a ticket about this, and as always you can PM me with the ticket number if you like.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
A EUR withdrawal I requested this weekend has the status "on hold", never seen that before. Someone from another forum I frequent is reporting the same. What's up?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Apologies if I'm jumping the gun here as I have before. Anyone else experiencing delays with Bitcoin withdrawals? Have only being waiting 30 minutes but it hasn't been broadcasted yet. Generally it is broadcasted in minutes. Thanks
Activity: 658
Merit: 1003
Yes, tha message was a little confuse because I dont know that i had an order placed. For that I do a little fiat withdraw, to be sure that kraken had solvenci  Undecided

Maybe trying change the mesage when you have the coins or fiat in a order will be better. The mensage that the withdraw are disabled its not correct, the withdraws are okey, but you dont have free bitcoins to move because you have an order.

Maybe add NXT are a very good option, NXT dont have a big Fiat Market and its an amazing coin with a lot of developement bigind. Kraken can be the market leader in the 2.0 cryptocurrencies in occident.

Regards and sorry again for my english.
Activity: 244
Bitcoin withdrawal isnt working?
what does not work?  I can initiate a withdrawal
For my keep:

Withdrawals are not currently available

Withdrawals have been temporarily disabled for this asset. Please check back later.
Okey, its my issue but maybe its a little system bug:

Code:
When I had 5 btc, i put and order of 4 btc at 300€
I sold few days after, 3 btc at marketprice remaining 2 in my balance and a open order of 5 btc at 300.
Every time y try to withdrawal, system frezee my withdraw window of bitcoin.
Fiat was running and today i recibe money that i send yesterday night.

Maybe the mesage its not correct

Withdrawals have been temporarily disabled for this asset. Please check back later.

A message like: your bitcoins still in orders or you dont have aviable bitcoins, try to cancell orders will get less scary situations like me  Grin Tongue

sorry about my english, im spanish. Smiley

PS: Are kraken looking to add NXT in its exchange?
[/quote]

Hi escalicha,

As far as I understand the issue was that some of your BTC funds were 'withheld' when you tried to withdraw them - is that correct? (Fiat or crypto) funds are being withheld when you still have open orders to sell them. I agree that the wording of the message is a little infelicitous and might have conveyed the wrong impression, especially in a situation in which other exchanges suspend withdrawals altogether. Thanks for reporting this issue!

PS: As far as I know, we currently do not have plans to add NXT!
Activity: 658
Merit: 1003
Bitcoin withdrawal isnt working?
what does not work?  I can initiate a withdrawal
For my keep:

Okey, its my issue but maybe its a little system bug:

Code:
When I had 5 btc, i put and order of 4 btc at 300€
I sold few days after, 3 btc at marketprice remaining 2 in my balance and a open order of 5 btc at 300.
Every time y try to withdrawal, system frezee my withdraw window of bitcoin.
Fiat was running and today i recibe money that i send yesterday night.

Maybe the mesage its not correct

[/quote]

A message like: your bitcoins still in orders or you dont have aviable bitcoins, try to cancell orders will get less scary situations like me  Grin Tongue

sorry about my english, im spanish. Smiley

PS: Are kraken looking to add NXT in its exchange?
Jump to: