Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [KRN] Ekrona - not only for Vikings. Scrypt, KGW, NO PREMINE, 3.3 m.blocks - page 9. (Read 123750 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
altexplorer isn't on the new wallet.  I just sent an email asking them to update.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
It is forked?
http://altexplorer.net/chain/Ekrona shows Blocks:    47,576
My node is on 47163 and have >10 connections.
Code:
ekronad getblockhash 47162
ddae2b5b4e7577cc3ccf074e1f1086c517238be6d6d4e8387ccda0c0b9dbbe8f
Block is not found on altexplorer...

You are sure that altexplorer update to the new wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
It is forked?
http://altexplorer.net/chain/Ekrona shows Blocks:    47,576
My node is on 47163 and have >10 connections.
Code:
ekronad getblockhash 47162
ddae2b5b4e7577cc3ccf074e1f1086c517238be6d6d4e8387ccda0c0b9dbbe8f
Block is not found on altexplorer...
Compiling qt programs really isn't that difficult.  If you are using linux (this was tested on elementaryOS), here is how you compile the new wallet.  You need to install build-essential and possibly some additional qt dependencies.  The terminal should tell you if you need something.

1. Delete everything in your .ekrona folder EXCEPT for your wallet.dat file (I'm not 100% sure removing these files is necessary, but it works)

2.Open terminal

3. cd Downloads/ekrona-master (if you downloaded and unzipped to your Downloads directory)

4. sed -i 's/-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53//g' ekrona-qt.pro

5. qmake USE_UPNP=- USE_QRCODE=0 USE_IPV6=0

Don't worry if you see any of the following messages:

Project MESSAGE: Building without UPNP support
Project MESSAGE: Building with UPNP supportRemoved plural forms as the target language has less forms.
If this sounds wrong, possibly the target language is not set or recognized.

6. make -j3

Sometimes, for me at least, the wallet can really hang on a particular block, but if you wait long enough it will update.

Windows and Mac users, look for instructions on how to compile other coins like dogecoin and modify where appropriate (that's what I did).

You realize we are able to compile the wallet just fine but it crashes when you run it right?

It never crashes for me.  Now that the wallet was updated, try to contact Pengar to see if he can compile the wallet for Windows and Mac.

Are you saying you compiled the new wallet and it works for you on multiple PCs?  We had a successful compile that ran great on the compiling machine but wouldn't run outside of that VM.  If you have a wallet that is working with the new code why not share Smiley

I got it working perfect on my main pc running elementaryOS (not in a VM).

I just tried to install it on an old Dell Pentium 4 computer running Ubuntu 12.04 I had laying around.  It compiled and doesn't crash, but it has problems connecting to the network.  After refusing to connect for a while, it connected and synced up to block 44,999 and hasn't connected since.  The only thing I did differently was changing step 6 (from my instructions above) from make -j3 to make because it is such an old computer.

You asked me to share, but I already posted instructions on how I did it.

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
What are the usual network fees?
legendary
Activity: 1076
I just can't believe that there is not 1 programmer/dev that can help this coin to come back. I believe that all this is done on purpuse to let the people dump there coins.

Well....I am sorry, I am not gonna dump them and will take them with me to wherever I go.... NOT SELLING THEM AT ALL!!!

I think it's very strange that there is no wallet, no devolper and no one who can do anything...

If this coin is diying.....you are not getting my coins....never!!!!!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Compiling qt programs really isn't that difficult.  If you are using linux (this was tested on elementaryOS), here is how you compile the new wallet.  You need to install build-essential and possibly some additional qt dependencies.  The terminal should tell you if you need something.

1. Delete everything in your .ekrona folder EXCEPT for your wallet.dat file (I'm not 100% sure removing these files is necessary, but it works)

2.Open terminal

3. cd Downloads/ekrona-master (if you downloaded and unzipped to your Downloads directory)

Project MESSAGE: Building with UPNP supportRemoved plural forms as the target language has less forms.

6. make -j3

Sometimes, for me at least, the wallet can really hang on a particular block, but if you wait long enough it will update.

Windows and Mac users, look for instructions on how to compile other coins like dogecoin and modify where appropriate (that's what I did).

You realize we are able to compile the wallet just fine but it crashes when you run it right?

It never crashes for me.  Now that the wallet was updated, try to contact Pengar to see if he can compile the wallet for Windows and Mac.

Are you saying you compiled the new wallet and it works for you on multiple PCs?  We had a successful compile that ran great on the compiling machine but wouldn't run outside of that VM.  If you have a wallet that is working with the new code why not share Smiley

2.Open terminal

6. make -j3

Seems like we are losing this coin if nothing happens in the very near future...

If I am not in mistake the new dev waiting us to collect 0.3btc to improve the wallet.
Just I not know what exactly improvements will do. I suppose is not only for DigiShield.

Someone who know anything about this need to tell us. Pengar talk with icanprogram but what they agree i don't know.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Seems like we are losing this coin if nothing happens in the very near future...

2.Open terminal

6. make -j3

Sorry I can't be any help with Windows and Mac, but if you need the new wallet and can't compile it you can either run linux in a VM or install it.  Just follow the instructions I posted previously to compile.  If you are new to linux, I would recommend a distro based on ubuntu.  I use elementaryOS so I can guarantee that it will work.  Run all updates then install all dependencies and follow my previous instructions.

If you are new to linux, here is a simplified way to get going.  It installs the dogecoin ppa as an easy way to install most of the dependencies.  You can uninstall the dogecoin wallet after if you want.  This only works on distros based on ubuntu.  I use elementaryOS, so I would recommend it as it has been tested and it would be easier for me to answer any questions anyone may have.

Run all updates and type the following commands in the terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cwayne18/doge
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install dogecoin-qt
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade dogecoin-qt
sudo apt-get install build-essential libqrencode-dev qt4-qmake libqtgui4 libqt4-dev

If you want to remove the dogecoin wallet, type sudo apt-get remove dogecoin-qt

Then, follow my previous instructions on how to compile.
Activity: 159
Merit: 10

2.Open terminal

6. make -j3

Can someone build the wallet using the same descriptions identified here:

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/2966-bitcoin-scrypt-v120-source-code-and-compile-instructions-for-linux-windows-and-mac/

There are multiple strings and it explains how to do it for scrypt coins.

I do not have a system that's capable of doing this unfortunately.

2.Open terminal

6. make -j3

We really need a developer to help get the new wallet compiled, the windows users are unable to get on the right fork and this is causing issues with exchange deposits etc.

Anyone have some contacts?
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Now that we are past block 45000 does this mean we are in a fork? If I mine now I will lose the resulting ekronas? Is Forkpool in the correct fork?

I updated wallet before block 45000  Wink

Is forkpool mining on a wrong fork? I haven't got any payout in the last 3 days. No payouts since the fork at block 45000.

Also the blocknumber at forkpool is different then the last blocknumber in the blockexplorer.

EDIT: I see now that all pools are on the same block, so i guess it's not on a wrong fork. But is anybody else getting any payout from forkpool?
legendary
Activity: 1076

So... what use was this devolper (icanprogam) if now the people that are not devolpers can not compile a wallet anymore???

In my opinion not an improvement at all

I suppose he not ask for the source code. Not everyone is a developer and know how to compile the source code in a working user friendly program.
Pages:
Jump to: