Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 11. (Read 149396 times)

Activity: 450
Merit: 250
I'm buying KHC today at EmpoEX if anyone is interested. KHC really needs a good explorer. Developer should get a hold of https://chainz.cryptoid.info. They are reasonable on price and their explorer is extremely detailed and easy to use.

Move your buy wall to 200 sat and I might sell into that Wink
Activity: 329
New cgminer-khc version 3.7.8 available

Changes/enhancements:

- Updated DLLs to the latest available versions.
- Added the "--secure" option to enhance security(*).

Download from here:
https://github.com/kryptohash/cgminer-khc/releases

(*)The Secure mode allows cgminer-khc to use HTTPS protocol for RPC calls but, unlike other miner software, cgminer-khc connects only to Wallets and Pools that present a "trusted" SSL Certificate.
Why is this important? Because not checking for trusted SSL Certificates opens the door to Man-In-The-Middle attacks, where an adversary (a.k.a. Hacker) could steal your credentials and even your coins.

How to enable Secure mode for Solo mining:

Note: This should only be used if cgminer-khc runs on a different computer than the Wallet.

1. Download OpenSSL for Windows ( https://www.openssl.org/related/binaries.html )

2. Use openSSL command lines below to create a Self-Signed SSL Certificate for the Computer running the Wallet.

openssl genrsa -out server.pem 2048
  openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -sha256 -days 3650 -key server.pem > server.cert

Note: When asked to provide the Common Name, you could type the IP address of the computer running the Wallet, if your IP address is static. If your IP address is not static, specify the Computer Host name instead.

3. Copy the server.pem and server.cert to your kryptohash/region0 folder

4. Edit the kryptohash.conf file and add/uncomment these lines:

server=1
  rpcport=38912
  rpcuser=
  rpcpassword=

5. Enable SSL/TLS in the Wallet

rpcssl=1
  rpcsslciphers=TLSv1.2+HIGH:!SSLv2:!aNULL:!eNULL:!AH:!3DES:@STRENGTH
  rpcsslcertificatechainfile=server.cert
  rpcsslprivatekeyfile=server.pem

6. Specify the IP address of the Computer where cgminer-khc will connect from.

rpcallowip=192.168.1.1

7. Ensure the line below is commented out:

#rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

8. Copy the server.cert file to the computer where cgminer-khc will run. Place the cert file inside the cgminer-khc-3.7.8 folder

9. Rename the server.cert file to cacert.pem or, append the content of server.cert at the end of the existing cacert.pem file.

10. Execute cgminer-khc using:

cgminer --kryptohash --secure -o https://:38912 -u -p --shaders 2048 --shaders-mul 8

How to enable Secure mode for Pools.

1. Ensure your Pool supports HTTPS for RPC calls.

2. Download the latest cacert.pem file available at the CURL website ( http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html ) and place the file inside the cgminer-khc-3.7.8 folder.

3. If your Pool doesn't have a SSL Certificate signed by a public CA, ask the Pool to provide you with a Self-Signed SSL Certificate in PEM format.

4. Edit the cacert.pem file and append the Self-Signed SSL Certificate provided by your the Pool at the end of cacert.pem.

5. Execute cgminer-khc using  

cgminer --kryptohash --secure -o https://: -u -p --shaders 2048 --shaders-mul 8

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
I'm buying KHC today at EmpoEX if anyone is interested. KHC really needs a good explorer. Developer should get a hold of https://chainz.cryptoid.info. They are reasonable on price and their explorer is extremely detailed and easy to use.
Yeah,chainz is a good BE.
Activity: 250
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
This coin really has a lot of potential! I'm putting all my gpu firepower into it!

Hi, great to have new miners. Spread the word.
From what is see on nonce pool i assume you run two cards, would that be two 280x ?
On the pool i'm lechilli btw.

Smiley nice to meet you here!
I'm usually running just one card I expressly bought for that purpose: an Asus r9 290  currently pushed with: --shaders 2560 --shaders-mul 12 --gpu-engine 1111 --gpu-memclock 1400  --cl-opt-disable. No overvolting (unavailable on my card, unless I flash the BIOS with an X version).  I also run a CPU miner for a pseudo-junk cryptocoin that actually slightly increases the performance of our cgminer! (using 2 threads on a core I5 4440 with hyperthreading enabled).
With this setup I can squeeze >330khps with <0.3% HW for an acknowledged WU of 1.1/m. Mem clock could go as far as 1600 with no probems, but the gain in performance would be small and I decided to stop here.
Having an open case and lots of system fans (2 - 2.5krpm) pointing to the card, I have its fans running at <50% while keeping temps <80° at 2PM in Italy. I suppose in summer I'll have to tone down a bit the settings in order to preserve this ideal status.

I work as a net admin, so I control the internet access in my company and occasionally have some free hardware to put to work (hey, you have to do some burn-in test before sending new PCs to the end users, don't you? ;-) ) Currently I have an R5 and an R6 GPUs that together provide 50Khps without overheating (with proper ventilation).

I also noted that Intel 4000 GPUs can run with cgminer, but they are just pathetic (<5khps) while newer 4600 are not recognized. Has anyone found a way to use them? what about the 5000 / 6000 series of Intel CPUs?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Activity: 143
This coin really has a lot of potential! I'm putting all my gpu firepower into it!

Hi, great to have new miners. Spread the word.
From what is see on nonce pool i assume you run two cards, would that be two 280x ?
On the pool i'm lechilli btw.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
What's your reasoning dev for using 320 bit hashing rather than 256 bit?

Do elaborate, I love details  Wink

I would like to elaborate more but, here are the 2 main reasons.

1) To optimize the KSHAKE PoW algorithm in OpenCL (*).
2) Reduce the chances of a collisions even more (**).

(*) Earlier during development, I was using 256 bits for KSHAKE. To optimize the PoW algo in OpenCL, the block header size needed to be 136 bytes long (Keccak Rate = 1088, divided by 8 ). This meant wasting lots of space in the blockchain.  
On the other hand, using 320 bit requires Keccak Rate = 960 which translates to a block header size of 120 bytes.  This allowed me to add few extra fields to the block header without wasting space since, there is a couple fields that could allow for future enhancements.

Code:
        struct _block
        {
            int nVersion;            //  4 bytes
            int nRegion;             //  4 bytes
            uint320  hashPrevBlock;  // 40 bytes
            uint320  hashMerkleRoot; // 40 bytes
            int64_t  nTxTime;        //  8 bytes
            uint64_t nHashCoin;      //  8 bytes (currently unused)
            uint32_t sigchecksum;    //  4 bytes (currently unused)
            uint32_t nBits;          //  4 bytes
            uint32_t nTime;          //  4 bytes
            uint32_t nNonce;         //  4 bytes
        } block;

(**) My motto is: Higher security is always better.
People in crypto believe that a 256bit hash is good enough for today but, how about 25 years from today?
If the difficultly increases too much, there could be enough leading zeroes in the 256bit hash that can cause collisions to appear. What do you think would happen to your coin once you get hashes pointing to more than 1 transaction?  
Also, most people just see that 320 > 256. At the end of the day this is what counts.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
What's your reasoning dev for using 320 bit hashing rather than 256 bit?

Do elaborate, I love details  Wink
what's the status of android wallet development? Huh

It is finally coming along.  

Porting the existing BTC wallets to support all the KHC features (320bit hashes, ed25519 signatures, etc) has been harder than what I originally expected.  

Hey man!  I hope things are going well and not to poke a stick or anything but KHC is trading at 60-80 sats and doing so under the new more power hungry algo, that would be <100.  I happen to be single for a while now and biting my fingernails is not exactly an attractive habit, dude please, for the love of... err... self... if you have a wallet on the mobile side close please beta test it.  There ain't shit out there that can compete with the algo, gotta strut some of ur stuff man.

I hear ya!

Sometimes, I wish I didn't go this far with all the enhancements and features that I added to KHC, features that only a handful of people would appreciate anyway.  
With pretty much any other alt-coin over here, you can just grab someone else's mobile wallet source code, change the name, the logo, do few tweaks here and there and voilà! You have a brand new Android Wallet.  This isn't the case with KHC.

To make things worse, I was originally porting the well-known Mycelium BTC wallet to KHC. Once I was almost done making changes and I began testing it, I realized that by design it won't connect to  the P2P network like a normal wallet does. Instead, it connects to special backend servers running some WAPI services for the transactions.  This is a big "NO" for KHC since, I want all my Wallets to use ONLY the P2P network.

I'm now working on one based on Schildbach which doesn't require a centralized backend. Hopefully, I can have a Beta .apk in the next two weeks.

Activity: 350

Porting the existing BTC wallets to support all the KHC features (320bit hashes, ed25519 signatures, etc) has been harder than what I originally expected.  

Hey man!  I hope things are going well and not to poke a stick or anything but KHC is trading at 60-80 sats and doing so under the new more power hungry algo, that would be <100.  I happen to be single for a while now and biting my fingernails is not exactly an attractive habit, dude please, for the love of... err... self... if you have a wallet on the mobile side close please beta test it.  There ain't shit out there that can compete with the algo, gotta strut some of ur stuff man.

Great !Can't wait to use the android wallet. Grin

what is the correct syntax for two different cards ? I would like to add a 270 to my 280x

Assuming the 270 is seen by cgminer as the second GPU on the system:

--shaders 2048,1280 --shaders-mul 8,4

Start with '--shaders-mul' equals to 4 and then increase this value until you find the best performance.  Keep an eye on the temperature.

Also, beware of the temperature mapping issue with cgminer. Unfortunately, there is no way to automatically correlate in code what OpenCL thinks it is GPU0 with what ADL reports as GPU0. The way to tell for sure is by disabling one GPU in cgminer (using --d 0 for example) and then watch the temperatures in the status bar.  

If you got an incorrect mapping, you need to use the '--gpu-map' option.  Since you have only 2 cards, it is straightforward: --gpu-map 0:1,1:0

Activity: 143
what is the correct syntax for two different cards ? I would like to add a 270 to my 280x
Activity: 112
Pages:
Jump to: