Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 15. (Read 149398 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Dev,can you add masternodes or something like InstantX to speed up transaction ? Huh

My understanding is that masternodes are meant for PoS coins only.  Kryptohash is a pure PoW coin.  Honestly, I haven't looked into masternodes at all.  I have my own ideas  that I want to develop for this coin moving forward.

Also, I really don't understand the need of InstantX.  Not even with credit cards you get instant transactions. The only thing that it is "instantaneous" with credit cards is an authorization code that just tells the cashier that the card isn't in the black list or above limit.  At the end of the day, the Retailer gets a final tally detailing which of the transactions that got authorization code are approved and which ones are rejected.  I know this because I used to work developing SW for POS 15+ years ago.

Finally, with PoW coins, having Instant transactions is calling for unnecessary trouble.  Bitcoin has 10 minutes block time for two reasons. 1) The accepted blocks take time to propagate through the P2P network and a block might take a good 2 minutes to reach every corner of the World; 2) Each entry of the blockchain consists in a header plus the list of In and Out transactions.  Reducing blocktime increases the usage of HD Space. It is less efficient from the storage point of view, since you are storing too many headers for only a handful transactions.    

I believe 10 minutes is too long so, in KHC I'm using 3 minutes. Anything below 2 minutes is just synonymous of trouble.

03:26:12

getmininginfo

{
"blocks" : 51702,
"currentblocksize" : 1478,
"currentblocktx" : 1,
"difficulty" : 116.61113080,
"errors" : "Warning: This version is obsolete, upgrade required!",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 8844,
"pooledtx" : 1,
"testnet" : false
}

Anything wrong?  ???I've already updated to the v0.5.0.0-g0-beta.

Ignore the warning.  It is fixed in 0.5.1 which I'm releasing this weekend.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10

getmininginfo

{
"blocks" : 51702,
"currentblocksize" : 1478,
"currentblocktx" : 1,
"difficulty" : 116.61113080,
"errors" : "Warning: This version is obsolete, upgrade required!",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 8844,
"pooledtx" : 1,
"testnet" : false
}

Anything wrong?  ???I've already updated to the v0.5.0.0-g0-beta.

Kryptohash Voting to add coin to GoUrl Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway -

https://gourl.io/coin-voting.html

@Dev,KHC is great coin with brand new algo,esp when most algo are raped by FPGA&ASIC.

Everybody can see dev's hard work and his talent as a qualified dev.

Dev,could you please contact poloniex ,bittrex,bter ? I think they will be interested with this coin.
Dev,can you add masternodes or something like InstantX to speed up transaction ? Huh
Activity: 250
navybluevip. I will pay you 1000 KHC to fix your miner on nonce-pool. Just fix it and pm me your address.

just curious, what is wrong with his miner ?
Rank   User Name   Valid   Invalid   Invalid %
1   E9800   406   0   0.00
2   netrink   75   0   0.00
3   navybluevip   4   79   1,975.00
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
E9800 you have quite a huge hashrate! How do you get such a high value? I'm asking just out of curiosity ;-)

2 290X
3 290
5 280X
9 270X
2 270
2 265
6 750 TIs

I'm afraid to see my power bill after this but I believe right now with low hashrate is the time to mine KHC. Miner seems to be fully optimized for AMD unlike many other algos.

Eh, there's no such thing; it's well done, though.
So do you think you can make it better?

Possibly, but I'm not sure. I'm fairly certain I can shave off a few clocks, but as for a real noticeable improvement... dunno. My point about optimization was, nothing is perfect - therefore, you can keep optimizing pretty much infinitely. Only each time, it gets harder, and the increase gets smaller, to the point where it's not worth it.
Activity: 143
navybluevip. I will pay you 1000 KHC to fix your miner on nonce-pool. Just fix it and pm me your address.

just curious, what is wrong with his miner ?
Wolf is correct.  Additional improvement to the OpenCL Kernel can be made but, they would probably allow for a small speed gain.  Unless of course, Wolf or somebody else out there can figure out a way to calculate Keccak rounds using fewer VGPRs (General Purpose Vector Registers).  The current usage of VGPR is what keeps this Kernel at a 20% utilization in AMD GPUs.  

As for the nVidia miner question, this miner does work with nVidia GPUs but, it is significantly slower due to the nVidia's architecture.  nVidia GPUs favor floating point calculations over ALU.  This algorithm (like any other hashing algo) relies heavily on ALU power.  Unfortunately, having the biggest and baddest Floating Point Processor doesn't help here.

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
E9800 you have quite a huge hashrate! How do you get such a high value? I'm asking just out of curiosity ;-)

2 290X
3 290
5 280X
9 270X
2 270
2 265
6 750 TIs

I'm afraid to see my power bill after this but I believe right now with low hashrate is the time to mine KHC. Miner seems to be fully optimized for AMD unlike many other algos.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I would like to see a Nvidia miner.

2 290X
3 290
5 280X
9 270X
2 270
2 265
6 750 TIs

So do you think you can make it better?

2 290X
3 290
5 280X
9 270X
2 270
2 265
6 750 TIs

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Oh, but did I dream or the walled briefly said it wanted an update? I'm running  v0.5.0.0-g0-beta (64-bit) . I went out to check a newer version and now the message has disappeared. MD5 of my install file is 87b1557e2d4cbf8c95616b48c34ff537 (as well as the latest I could find linked in the homepage)

Ok maybe it's my brain that can't sustain all that heat! :-D

I'm now seeing this issue where the Wallet 0.5.0 warns you about having an obsolete version.  I'm debugging it now.

Edit: The warning can be safely ignored.  I'll build a new Wallet 0.5.1 to fix this issue and also add a checkpoint for block 50,000 to seal the network transition to algo version 2.
Activity: 30
It would be nice to have p2pool software for this coin.
Yeah,I love p2pool Grin
Activity: 143
It would be nice to have p2pool software for this coin.
Activity: 30
The net hashrate is lower than 4MH/s ,very dangerous!

As long as the Diff remains above 32, we are okay.

Besides, this means you and me will be able to mine more coins before the big announcement.   Grin  
wow,when will the big announcement be announced ?

I'll point some of my rigs to nonce-pool. Grin
Activity: 14
Thank wr104 you for the hint about deleting the .bin file! I now successfully disabled opencl optimization and my ASUS r9 290 bumped from 150Khps to the current 291Khps @ about 90C°/ 2200 RPM. I suppose I should "tweak down" the thing a little bit...

Oh, but did I dream or the walled briefly said it wanted an update? I'm running  v0.5.0.0-g0-beta (64-bit) . I went out to check a newer version and now the message has disappeared. MD5 of my install file is 87b1557e2d4cbf8c95616b48c34ff537 (as well as the latest I could find linked in the homepage)

Ok maybe it's my brain that can't sustain all that heat! :-D
Pages:
Jump to: