Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 2. (Read 149396 times)

Activity: 690
Merit: 500
Bad news. We just lost the last Exchange that was trading KHC.  Cry

Seeing how well this coin works and its great potential, it is very hard for me to decide whether or not to continue with this project.  If we don't get another Exchange on board within the next few weeks, I'll have no choice but to shutdown the servers.

wr104

Did you try Poloniex and Bittrex? What do they require?
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Bad news. We just lost the last Exchange that was trading KHC.  Cry

Seeing how well this coin works and its great potential, it is very hard for me to decide whether or not to continue with this project.  If we don't get another Exchange on board within the next few weeks, I'll have no choice but to shutdown the servers.

wr104

Activity: 261
BTC38 and Poloniex should be the only exchanges for KHC. It is unique and deserving of mainstream recognition and these are the closest to that in the cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Just curious, are GPUs still the way to go for KHC? I am looking a new crypto currency to mine with a GPU. I have a 780 TI, would it be worth while for me to try KHC? Is KHC being traded on any reputable sites yet?
No big exchange so far.
Activity: 1
Just curious, are GPUs still the way to go for KHC? I am looking a new crypto currency to mine with a GPU. I have a 780 TI, would it be worth while for me to try KHC? Is KHC being traded on any reputable sites yet?
Also, EmpoEX is the only exchange that trades KHC at the moment.

Actually, it doesn't. Deposits and withdrawals don't work and, most importantly, the owners are scammers. I'd suggest to remove the link from the OP.
Mandatory Upgrade due to Network Rule change starting at block 160,000

Changes since version 0.6.2

- Network rule change: At block 160,000 the PID algorithm will begin using a revised formula to calculate the Network Difficulty in order to prevent rounding differences between the 64-bit Wallets and the 32-bit Wallets.
- Added checkpoint for block 150,000.
- Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.1s for the Windows Wallet.

Download version 0.7.0 from Github:
https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash/releases

I'm just new here in your community so it will be more advisable to wait for
the new wallet while trading your coin? I can see that this alt seems to be
working good, with the dev which always ready to answer. keep eye on it
to get the new wallet update.

Hi shintosai,

You don't have to wait for the new wallet 0.7.0 to begin trading KHC.  Current version 0.6.2 works just fine.

However, once wallet 0.7.0 is released, you are going to need to upgrade because, one of the fixes in 0.7.0 is a network rule change that starts at as soon as block 160,000 gets mined in the next few weeks.

Also, EmpoEX is the only exchange that trades KHC at the moment. I'm trying to get other exchanges interested in KHC.
Activity: 756
Has the new wallet be released?

Was there a new wallet planned? Some news from the dev would be nice.

I'm still testing the fixes in the new Wallet version 0.7.0.   I expect it will be released in the next few days.

You can see these changes in GitHub.  Let me know if you have any questions.
I'm just new here in your community so it will be more advisable to wait for
the new wallet while trading your coin? I can see that this alt seems to be
working good, with the dev which always ready to answer. keep eye on it
to get the new wallet update.

I'm still testing the fixes in the new Wallet version 0.7.0.   I expect it will be released in the next few days.

You can see these changes in GitHub.  Let me know if you have any questions.
Activity: 450

Activity: 56
Activity: 473
Activity: 14
I don't think it's likely: first one wants the currency to get some value before trying to steal it... and discouraging users would not fit the strategy ;-)
KHC seems lost for a while,I can't mine KHC bcz the miner often gets stuck.

I've been trying to debug this cgminer-khc issue but, I cannot duplicate it anymore.  Huh

I'm having a somewhat crazy theory that someone is sabotaging the network to disable other miners and get all the blocks. But I don't know if it's really possible.
I currently have "holes" in my GPU utilization while mining ("Waiting for new work from Pool 0").
Is it happening for me only? Is it normal?

It is normal.  It means there is no work in the network for miners. Unlike Bitcoin and other Altcoins, Kryptohash doesn't send miners "dummy" work if there are no transactions in the network.  It would be a total waste of electricity since those dummy blocks will never be accepted by the network.

Nonce-pool had a script that was monitoring the network and then sending few cents to its own wallet if the script detected that the network had no work to do.  This kept the network and the pool busy.

I'm looking into doing a similar script.

This is.... the FUTURE.

I forgot to mention that because Kryptohash network doesn't allow blocks with no transactions, the so-called "selfish mining" that affects Bitcoin and others altcoins is not possible with KHC.

I've been trying to debug this cgminer-khc issue but, I cannot duplicate it anymore.  Huh
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Don't be silly. It's time for the sun to shine on KHC !
Pages:
Jump to: