Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 3. (Read 149396 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Happy new year guys.  I'm back from Holiday and ready to continue working on the coin.

The new features that I've been working on have required lots of risky changes to the KHC protocol so, more developer testing is required before I can release a version with all these changes.  
But, for the mean time, I'm preparing a Wallet version 0.70 that will only contain important bug fixes.  I'm planning to release this version after block 150,000 gets mined in the next few weeks.

Also, since most of the problems with KHC have been related to the PID algorithm to calculate the difficulty re-target time every 100 blocks, I'm seriously considering getting rid of the PID algo altogether and switch to a more standard approach to calculate the diff.  Don't get me wrong, the PID algorithm was a pretty neat addition to the crypto-world but, in my opinion (and after a lot of pain debugging every possible corner case), the PID algo has only added unnecessary complexity with no apparent benefits to the KHC protocol.

Finally, about the cgminer getting stuck issue.  I began experienced the same problem after I reinstalled Windows on one of my miners so, I'm going to debug what's going on.  

Great news!It's time for KHC to fly to the moon in 2016. Grin
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
I currently have "holes" in my GPU utilization while mining ("Waiting for new work from Pool 0").
Is it happening for me only? Is it normal?

It is normal.  It means there is no work in the network for miners. Unlike Bitcoin and other Altcoins, Kryptohash doesn't send miners "dummy" work if there are no transactions in the network.  It would be a total waste of electricity since those dummy blocks will never be accepted by the network.

Nonce-pool had a script that was monitoring the network and then sending few cents to its own wallet if the script detected that the network had no work to do.  This kept the network and the pool busy.

I'm looking into doing a similar script.

This is.... the FUTURE.

Still here. How many KHC mined up until now ? What features are you thinking of adding to advanced the blockchain ?
Activity: 350
Happy new year guys.  I'm back from Holiday and ready to continue working on the coin.

The new features that I've been working on have required lots of risky changes to the KHC protocol so, more developer testing is required before I can release a version with all these changes.  
But, for the mean time, I'm preparing a Wallet version 0.70 that will only contain important bug fixes.  I'm planning to release this version after block 150,000 gets mined in the next few weeks.

Also, since most of the problems with KHC have been related to the PID algorithm to calculate the difficulty re-target time every 100 blocks, I'm seriously considering getting rid of the PID algo altogether and switch to a more standard approach to calculate the diff.  Don't get me wrong, the PID algorithm was a pretty neat addition to the crypto-world but, in my opinion (and after a lot of pain debugging every possible corner case), the PID algo has only added unnecessary complexity with no apparent benefits to the KHC protocol.

Finally, about the cgminer getting stuck issue.  I began experienced the same problem after I reinstalled Windows on one of my miners so, I'm going to debug what's going on.  

Good to see you have returned, I might have a few ideas in terms of what might be a great path for the coin.  The banksters have really screwed the pooch this time and that might prove to be a great opportunity for a 'PennyWeight' defined currency that has taken security to the next level by a capable programmer.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a currency that is versatile, not fiat and isn't managed by people that have watched too many Pinky and the Brain cartoons?  World commerce is at a standstill right now, it is about the time for torches and pitchforks, the world needs a solution and not another Ponzi scheme built by banksters that to date have gotten a free lunch playing God whilst relieving the people of their gold putting them in debt so they can come after everything.

Edit:  The major dependency of the blockchain is that it is run over the internet which presently has a kill switch, here's a thought: Run enhanced BTC protocol using 4G/5G wireless protocols over distance friendly ULF HAM.  The only thing better is not having it under control of a bunch of crook banksters corrupting governments, religion and commerce.

WORE
Activity: 177
Yes, but how to get KHC there. I can't find voting coins page there.
You should look into poloniex, it seems the best option at this given time.
Great news wr104 .

I am just reminding.
Please Vote for some exchanges.
https://askcoin.net/votes every 10 minutes or 100 with twitter.
https://bter.com/voting/#KHC

Maybe after higher volume , more people will notice this coin and start to interest.
Activity: 329

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
The pow algo of this coin is really a nice improvement, but if the coin want to go beyond it needs a exchange and some news from dev
Activity: 195
Why my miner often gets stuck while mining?Is that a bug in wallet?

Perhaps you are seeing this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881427.msg11522898;topicseen#msg11522898

If so, it's not an issue. It's just the miner waiting for transactions on the network.

Or does the miner stop for good? I think I have seen this mentioned before too...
the same problem with my miner.
Is there any plan for KHC ?
New feature or exchange.
Activity: 450

Perhaps you are seeing this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881427.msg11522898;topicseen#msg11522898

If so, it's not an issue. It's just the miner waiting for transactions on the network.

Or does the miner stop for good? I think I have seen this mentioned before too...

I don't have that problem. What OS do you have? You're using the latest cgminer-khc version, right?

Activity: 140
We need more vote or support with BTC to get on working exchange.

BTER:  https://bter.com/voting/
C-CEX: https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

I ask for fix KHC on empoex, but didn't get answer.
Maybe somebody can try contact them again.
We got some features, like android wallet (working fine) , but we need to get know this coin.
First exchanges I think.
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
Have you guys tried opening a ticket with EmpoEx support? 

The message "Waiting for work from Pool 0" in cgminer-khc means there are no transactions in the network.  Unlike other cryptocoins, Kryptohash protocol doesn't waste miner's electricity by providing 'dummy' work.

BTW, I just came back from vacations so, I'll get the main webpage updated and continue working on the coin.

I did a couple of days ago. By the way, what plans do you have for future coin development?
Activity: 450
Have not used Empoex recently, so no idea there.

Does anyone else notice a long pause with "Waiting for new work from Pool 0" when solo mining? Something very strange going on. Mining is working, but with huge long pauses where the miner doesn't receive work from the wallet. The wallet is installed on the same system.

It's normal, as was explained earlier here. You're quite lucky you can mine though. My miner stops with this message completely shortly after starting.

I just tried to buy som KHC on Empoex, it's working .

Did anyone try to use Empoex recently? How long has their wallet been in maintenance?

You can buy but you can't withdraw. Seems like we'll lose the last exchange KHC is being traded at soon.

Thanks for the tip. Now that you mention it, I remember this "waiting for new work" question coming up before. Good to know it's expected.

An OTC thread might be a good idea if Empoex isn't playing ball...
Activity: 195

The message "Waiting for work from Pool 0" in cgminer-khc means there are no transactions in the network.  Unlike other cryptocoins, Kryptohash protocol doesn't waste miner's electricity by providing 'dummy' work.

BTW, I just came back from vacations so, I'll get the main webpage updated and continue working on the coin.

Great!Good to see Dev's constant effort and hard work for this KHC.

Activity: 690
Merit: 500
Have not used Empoex recently, so no idea there.

Does anyone else notice a long pause with "Waiting for new work from Pool 0" when solo mining? Something very strange going on. Mining is working, but with huge long pauses where the miner doesn't receive work from the wallet. The wallet is installed on the same system.

It's normal, as was explained earlier here. You're quite lucky you can mine though. My miner stops with this message completely shortly after starting.

I just tried to buy som KHC on Empoex, it's working .

Did anyone try to use Empoex recently? How long has their wallet been in maintenance?

You can buy but you can't withdraw. Seems like we'll lose the last exchange KHC is being traded at soon.
Pages:
Jump to: