Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 4. (Read 149396 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
I just tried to buy som KHC on Empoex, it's working .

Did anyone try to use Empoex recently? How long has their wallet been in maintenance?
Activity: 450
Merit: 250
Have not used Empoex recently, so no idea there.

Does anyone else notice a long pause with "Waiting for new work from Pool 0" when solo mining? Something very strange going on. Mining is working, but with huge long pauses where the miner doesn't receive work from the wallet. The wallet is installed on the same system.
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
Did anyone try to use Empoex recently? How long has their wallet been in maintenance?
wr104,

Please update kryptohash.org. I just noticed the first line of text says "Kryptohash is a new cryptocurrency based on the Bitcoin protocol but, with few significant changes" which suggests there are little to no significant changes. I suppose it should say "Kryptohash is a new cryptocurrency based on the Bitcoin protocol but, with a few significant changes" Wink

Bosco
Activity: 261
The expandability and promisefullness of this currencyrequires a more comprehensible intro and especially more markets. The unique aspects of the code must be made known.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
still kicking, any plans for future?
Activity: 329
On October 6th 2015, block 125,000 was mined which ended the random subsidy.  

The total number of mined KHC between blocks 1 and 125,000 was: 12,495,845
Activity: 195
I'm not going away  Cheesy

It's good to know my hashes aren't being wasted  Cheesy
Activity: 140
How many tokens generated thus far ?

~12,000,000 KHCs

Random rewards will stop at block 125,000 so, after that I will scan all the entire blockchain and provide the exact number.
Good to see the dev is still active here.

~12,000,000 KHCs

Random rewards will stop at block 125,000 so, after that I will scan all the entire blockchain and provide the exact number.
Activity: 261
I'm trying to build Kryptohash core and QT. I believe all dependencies are met, but I run into an issue.

I've done the following as per the readme:

Code:
 git clone https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash.git kryptohash
 cd kryptohash
 ./autogen.sh
 CPPFLAGS="-Ikeccak -Ikeccak/SnP -Ikeccak/KeccakF-1600 -I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib" ./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui=qt5
 make

But I get the following back:

Code:
  OBJCXXLD kryptohash-qt
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libprotobuf.a(common.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `_ZTVN6google8protobuf7ClosureE' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/libprotobuf.a: error adding symbols: Bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm not sure if I just run make again with -fPIC, or where else this -fPIC option should go, if at all. Also, do I need to clean object files before recompiling? If so, how?

Thanks folks

Hi Bosco,

Sorry, I couldn't answer yesterday.

With the latest codebase 0.6.x, you are no longer require to build Boost with c++11 support.   So, you can use all the standard libraries in your Linux distribution.  See updated instructions here: https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

cd kryptohash
./autogen.sh
CPPFLAGS="-Ikeccak -Ikeccak/SnP -Ikeccak/KeccakF-1600" ./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui=qt5
make

Great, thanks. I have the pre-built binaries running OK just now, but I'll give this a go later.
I'm trying to build Kryptohash core and QT. I believe all dependencies are met, but I run into an issue.

Code:
 cd kryptohash
 ./autogen.sh
 CPPFLAGS="-Ikeccak -Ikeccak/SnP -Ikeccak/KeccakF-1600 -I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib" ./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui=qt5
 make

Code:
  OBJCXXLD kryptohash-qt
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libprotobuf.a(common.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `_ZTVN6google8protobuf7ClosureE' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

I'm not sure if I just run make again with -fPIC, or where else this -fPIC option should go, if at all. Also, do I need to clean object files before recompiling? If so, how?

Thanks folks

Hi Bosco,

Sorry, I couldn't answer yesterday.

With the latest codebase 0.6.x, you are no longer required to build Boost with c++11 support.   So, you can use all the standard libraries in your Linux distribution.  See updated instructions here: https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

cd kryptohash
./autogen.sh
CPPFLAGS="-Ikeccak -Ikeccak/SnP -Ikeccak/KeccakF-1600" ./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui=qt5
make

Code:
 cd kryptohash
 ./autogen.sh
 make

Code:
  OBJCXXLD kryptohash-qt

Thanks folks
Activity: 311
Activity: 350
Any news about KHC? Huh

No news is good news  Cheesy

I'm working on a new feature for the Android Wallet that I hope it is going to help make KHC more popular.  But, I'm not giving out anymore details today.   Wink

After that, I'm going to work on enhancing KHC to handle the multiple region codes that are available today as one big 'happy' multi-blockchain coin.  The goal here is to increase the Transaction Per Seconds (TPS) to match or exceed Paypal, VISA or Mastercard.  This is a lot of work so, don't expect this new feature to be available on the next release. 

Other than that, the coin has been very stable. Wallets work fine but, unfortunately there aren't too many people mining the coin anymore.  Undecided

Need to get those other wallets to cover IOS, Windows Mobile.  POS integration for Aloha/Maitre'D/Micros and other popular titles would put KHC over the top when it came to next gen coin.
Any news about KHC? Huh

I'm working on a new feature for the Android Wallet that I hope it is going to help make KHC more popular.  But, I'm not giving out anymore details today.   Wink

After that, I'm going to work on enhancing KHC to handle the multiple region codes that are available today as one big 'happy' multi-blockchain coin.  The goal here is to increase the Transaction Per Seconds (TPS) to match or exceed Paypal, VISA or Mastercard.  This is a lot of work so, don't expect this new feature to be available on the next release. 

Other than that, the coin has been very stable. Wallets work fine but, unfortunately there aren't too many people mining the coin anymore.  Undecided

I'll be back mining, just as soon as I've gotten a Linux miner setup again. On a headless Windows box I can't control the GPU clock and it gets too hot for my liking.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure people will come to this coin.
Any news about KHC? Huh

Pages:
Jump to: