Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 41. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Actually, I'm testing a new version of cgminer-khc

Stay tuned  Smiley
Activity: 350
Dev,what's status of your developmnet of the sgminer that supports 6 cards?? Huh

Pretty sure it is not done yet, but you can read through the pages in this thread to get an idea maybe when.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Dev,what's status of your developmnet of the sgminer that supports 6 cards?? Huh
all the "cool" coins are now X something, xmr, xpy...
so should we start calling this one xhc and xryptohash

This is not a scrypt or standardized x[y] scrypt coin.  It is a new algo that can be modified to combat the idea of the asic, and with pid to control diff, it is in a class by itself, beyond that it complies with new standards.  It does not need an 'X' to be 'cool', it has that all on it's own.

This is why I decided to bring my GPUs out of retirement.

It looks like someone has bought up quite a few sells on lazycoins.

Yeah, it does look like we are not the only folks that see potential in this, as soon as I saw it is actually something new I was on it.  Bang up job wr104!  SYS is below 100 sats again after 500 sat IPO sale, not sure if those folks missed the boat, or just flat jumped off.  KHC trading at 900 sats and hasen't even been really introduced yet, wait until it hits the larger exchanges.
It's me,I've bought 23K KHC at the market price on lazycoins.

Get'm while the getting is hot, but is it my browser or is the trade history not updating over there?
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
KHC reminds me of Spreadcoin,low price in the beginning but rising steady.
Activity: 122

This is not a scrypt or standardized x[y] scrypt coin.  It is a new algo that can be modified to combat the idea of the asic, and with pid to control diff, it is in a class by itself, beyond that it complies with new standards.  It does not need an 'X' to be 'cool', it has that all on it's own.

Yeah, it does look like we are not the only folks that see potential in this, as soon as I saw it is actually something new I was on it.  Bang up job wr104!  SYS is below 100 sats again after 500 sat IPO sale, not sure if those folks missed the boat, or just flat jumped off.  KHC trading at 900 sats and hasen't even been really introduced yet, wait until it hits the larger exchanges.
It's me,I've bought 23K KHC at the market price on lazycoins.
Activity: 661
Anyone test the power consumption of the algo versus X11 and other algos? Just curious about the results...

Full config with one 6950@6970 :
x11 = 195w
khc = 240w

stop killing your gpus!!! running full voltage???

280x
x11             6.5mhs 144W
khc             151khs 137W
Neoscrypt    325khs 157W

Lol.
You have values with your hardware, i have values with mine.

On MY config with 1 6950 with shaders unlocked, I have :
x11 : @850/1300, ~1.9MHs, ~190w
khc : @825/1200, ~110kHs, ~240w
neoscrypt : @875/1300, ~6khs, ~165w

Compare what it can be !

EDIT : on idle, full config is at ~90w ...

This is not a scrypt or standardized x[y] scrypt coin.  It is a new algo that can be modified to combat the idea of the asic, and with pid to control diff, it is in a class by itself, beyond that it complies with new standards.  It does not need an 'X' to be 'cool', it has that all on it's own.

Yeah, it does look like we are not the only folks that see potential in this, as soon as I saw it is actually something new I was on it.  Bang up job wr104!  SYS is below 100 sats again after 500 sat IPO sale, not sure if those folks missed the boat, or just flat jumped off.  KHC trading at 900 sats and hasen't even been really introduced yet, wait until it hits the larger exchanges.
Activity: 50
I'm working on the sgminer fork   Cool

A new algorithm of time what to do?

Lol, it's going to take some time.
Activity: 196

A new algorithm of time what to do?
Activity: 196

xLOL
Development, you want to go on holiday, came back for Christmas?

xLOL
Activity: 50

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Anyone test the power consumption of the algo versus X11 and other algos? Just curious about the results...

x11 = 195w
khc = 240w

I'd bet this could be improved upon.  Unlike BTC wallet, KHC does not generate 'dummy work' when there is none so that is a big bonus for solo miners but while pointing at the pool I have yet to see my miner go idle when there is no work available, aside from that KHC is quite new being a 320bit hash so the miner kernel could potentially be optimized quite a bit more than it is.  Took a while before a DRK (x11) optimized kernel was released with sgminer, and it was improved upon further recently.
with the newer kernel switching on the fly miners this could be very interesting. you could mine this until a blocks solved, then while theres no dummy work it could switch kernel over to any stratum server, then flip back when it notices work available from KHC. with 3 minute blocktimes there will still be plenty of idling. or if you didnt want to mine something else and deal with pool/kernel changes... the first powersaving improvement would be to stop the GPU from trying to hash the nothing and go to idle while waiting for the next work.

The GPU does go idle while waiting for the next work, as the pool is running we generate a tx when the mempool is empty, keeping your miners running nearly 100% of the time, you would see the same result if you was to solo mine right now as well.

weird i didnt notice my miner slow down when solo. will investigate
Activity: 149

x11 = 195w
khc = 240w

I'd bet this could be improved upon.  Unlike BTC wallet, KHC does not generate 'dummy work' when there is none so that is a big bonus for solo miners but while pointing at the pool I have yet to see my miner go idle when there is no work available, aside from that KHC is quite new being a 320bit hash so the miner kernel could potentially be optimized quite a bit more than it is.  Took a while before a DRK (x11) optimized kernel was released with sgminer, and it was improved upon further recently.
with the newer kernel switching on the fly miners this could be very interesting. you could mine this until a blocks solved, then while theres no dummy work it could switch kernel over to any stratum server, then flip back when it notices work available from KHC. with 3 minute blocktimes there will still be plenty of idling. or if you didnt want to mine something else and deal with pool/kernel changes... the first powersaving improvement would be to stop the GPU from trying to hash the nothing and go to idle while waiting for the next work.

The GPU does go idle while waiting for the next work, as the pool is running we generate a tx when the mempool is empty, keeping your miners running nearly 100% of the time, you would see the same result if you was to solo mine right now as well.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it

x11 = 195w
khc = 240w

All i see is Blocks should i be surprised, no explosion or implosion yet, whats wrong dev?  Cheesy

I'll spare dev your beckoning of him for a response:  You were and most probably always will be; wrong, -that is all.

You are not a funny man, i saw lots of Blocks being solved fast and wanted to encourage new Miners.

Well, bummer.  No future as a comedian, but then again I'd probably have to be interested in that.  Blocks have been flying by, block 10k came and went, as long has the diff algo adheres to dev's design nothing is wrong, at least with the wallet allegedly exploding or imploding.

x11 = 195w
khc = 240w

Pages:
Jump to: