Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 47. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
NEW Wallet v0.3.9 Available

Fixes since v0.3.8

Encrypting Wallet caused the app to fail to load, displaying the following message: "Error loading wallet.dat: Wallet requires newer version of Kryptohash".
Stopping the Wallet app and then restarting it after a re-target resulted in a wrong calculation of the Diff value and the Wallet app stopped synchronizing with the network.

Download from GitHub
https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash/releases/tag/v0.3.9

Is v0.3.9 madatory update?
when I update from v0.3.8 to v0.3.9 ,I lost 14 blocks which I found before,why?Huh? Huh Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
interesting i will wait for exchanges
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
LOL.The diff is 6 times than I mine it a week ago.
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
Anybody mining with nvidia cards? GTX 970 maybe?....

Oh, I knida missed if this miner is for AMD only or I can use it with GTX 970?
Activity: 329
NEW Wallet v0.3.9 Available

Fixes since v0.3.8

Encrypting Wallet caused the app to fail to load, displaying the following message: "Error loading wallet.dat: Wallet requires newer version of Kryptohash".
Stopping the Wallet app and then restarting it after a re-target resulted in a wrong calculation of the Diff value and the Wallet app stopped synchronizing with the network.

Download from GitHub
https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash/releases/tag/v0.3.9
Activity: 350
my wallet stuck at block 8899  Huh

at the same time, nonce-pool is at block 8981.

What should I do?

[edit]solve: i deleted blk00000.dat, and a synchronization later, i'm at the same block as nonce-pool.

Is a bug the dev previously noted on this thread.  The wallet is calculating the wrong diff and this lead to orphaned blocks logged.  Fix is to run wallet with the --reindex command until new release.
Activity: 500
my wallet stuck at block 8899  Huh

at the same time, nonce-pool is at block 8981.

What should I do?

[edit]solve: i deleted blk00000.dat, and a synchronization later, i'm at the same block as nonce-pool.
Activity: 500
Hi. I´m solo mining and my minner says "Found block" but Accepted an Rejected is zero.  And there  is no income in my wallet. Is this correct?

when you find a block it's look like this:

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Hi. I´m solo mining and my minner says "Found block" but Accepted an Rejected is zero.  And there  is no income in my wallet. Is this correct?

That is a known issue with the miner. If you look at your best share (which might be incorrect also) it show 40. 

The current difficulty is over 100 (or at least the last time I checked).

It might take you a while to find a block solo mining now.

Thank You for explanation

Anytime.

But you might want to look at possibly joining the pool in the OP with your hash rate.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

That is a known issue with the miner. If you look at your best share (which might be incorrect also) it show 40. 

Thank You for explanation
Activity: 329
Guys, I'm working on a new version for the Wallet to address few issues I've seen so far.

The most notorious bug is one that is only seen when the app is closed and then later restarted after a new retarget has occurred.  In this case, the wallet will calculate the wrong Diff when it reaches the retarget and will get stuck there logging a bunch of errors regarding Orphan blocks.

To workaround this bug (until a new Wallet version is available), you must start the Wallet app with the --reindex parameter.    
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

Activity: 51

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/678926/screen-khc.png

why the diff and net hashrate jump high and low ,now and then??  Huh Huh Huh

I don't think we can control hashrate but the dev selected a PID algorithm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller) to control the difficulty and it seems to be working as designed. I studied control systems theory in college and i'm intrigued by how this could be applied to control difficulty on a cryptocoin.

Remember from the OP, setpoint is a block every 180 seconds (or 100 blocks every 5 hrs). As far as I can tell the PID is right on getting there.

Yes, but network conditions can change quite rapidly, and only within a few blocks, 100 blocks will be a long trip if say you have a pool go down that was a contributor of %30+ to over all network hash rate.  Might have been better to do 100 block sensor survey but block diff to change every 50 blocks.
Activity: 31

I don't think we can control hashrate but the dev selected a PID algorithm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller) to control the difficulty and it seems to be working as designed. I studied control systems theory in college and i'm intrigued by how this could be applied to control difficulty on a cryptocoin.

Remember from the OP, setpoint is a block every 180 seconds (or 100 blocks every 5 hrs). As far as I can tell the PID is right on getting there.
Activity: 31
So if the PID diff algo is working correctly, next diff should go down since we're 2 hr's past the 100 blocks every 5 hrs mark
What is the average hashrate for an AMD 280X on this algo? Does the newer Sgminer work with this?
stable at the speed of 144kh/s
What is the average hashrate for an AMD 280X on this algo? Does the newer Sgminer work with this?

R9 280X (XFX) peaks breaking 148K.
Activity: 518
Pages:
Jump to: