Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 71. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Do we have to create kryptohash.conf from scratch? Where can I find it to make edits?

If anyone has a working .conf for an R9 280x please post it up!

Anything against backing up your kryptohash.conf file to preserver your login nfo?  Me thinks that if he is building a new installer it probably won't touch your current conf file.  Personally I'd just release a new exe and expect the end user to drop it in the dir until the launch pressure is over.
Activity: 332
its been several hours if this is not happening today say so and set it for a specific time tomorrow.

Coding doesn't work well under pressure, beyond that, inspiration doesn't happen at all with that pressure stuff, period.

what inspiration? he said it was fixed and new wallet was compiling hours ago. hes now been offline for a while. common courtesy would be telling people come back tomorrow.

its been several hours if this is not happening today say so and set it for a specific time tomorrow.

Coding doesn't work well under pressure, beyond that, inspiration doesn't happen at all with that pressure stuff, period.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Do we have to create kryptohash.conf from scratch? Where can I find it to make edits?

If anyone has a working .conf for an R9 280x please post it up!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
heh agree. america = headed to sleep (not that anyone cares)
Activity: 332
Activity: 329
Trying to install the miner from github on PiMP (debian-based linux):

git clone https://link.git -> creates cgminer-khc folder
cd cgminer-khc
./autogen.sh -> "No such file or directory"
(still needed if from github?)
./configure -> "Permission denied"
sudo ./configure -> command not found
(the dependencies are installed)

anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Try

autoreconf -fvi
      CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2" ./configure --enable-opencl --enable-kryptohash
      make
Trying to install the miner from github on PiMP (debian-based linux):

git clone https://link.git -> creates cgminer-khc folder
cd cgminer-khc
./autogen.sh -> "No such file or directory"
(still needed if from github?)
./configure -> "Permission denied"
sudo ./configure -> command not found
(the dependencies are installed)

anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
what time start down new wallet

Sit tight, the night is still young over here and I'm not going to bed till this is fixed.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
what time start down new wallet
Ok, I found the bug.

I'm building new version 0.3.2

Don't forget to add some code for client to discriminate and reject connections against lesser version clients and reject blocks generated by them.  Fixed version of KGW would be good rather than diff retarget at 100 block mark.  Also puzzled you didn't go for 512bit hash or maybe even higher?  Lock out current gen ASIC, and some low end graphics adapters.

I'll be creating the first checkpoint for block 99.

512bit is an overkill IMO.  320bit offers very good security without impacting performance. 

With the KSHAKE320 algo, we could configure it to use as much memory as we would like, making it very expensive for ASIC.  A simpler solution IMO. 
Ok, I found the bug.

Don't forget to add some code for client to discriminate and reject connections against lesser version clients and reject blocks generated by them.  Fixed version of KGW would be good rather than diff retarget at 100 block mark.  Also puzzled you didn't go for 512bit hash or maybe even higher?  Lock out current gen ASIC, and some low end graphics adapters.
legendary
Ok, I found the bug.

where down ?
Ok, I found the bug.

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Time to re-launch?
Countdown?
I'm investigating the crash. I apologize for the inconvenience.  I've stopped the seeds for now.

Re-launch?

On hold for now.

Block 100 was the re-target for the new block difficulty.  Something didn't go right.  Testnet worked fine every time.

1-99 block reward invalid?
Or as effective?

Damn git.  The latest code changes I made to recalc Diff did not make it into the build.  I'm going to have to build a new wallet with the fix 
legendary
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I'm investigating the crash. I apologize for the inconvenience.  I've stopped the seeds for now.

Re-launch?

On hold for now.

Block 100 was the re-target for the new block difficulty.  Something didn't go right.  Testnet worked fine every time.

1-99 block reward invalid?
Or as effective?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Is that why I'm getting "cgminer pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid"? I'm new to this, it could be another reason. Just trying to figure out what's wrong lol.

I'm getting the same but it was working before we got to block 99. It seems the wallet is crashing trying to generate block 100

Well I'm glad to know it's not just me, but sorry it's breaking down, OP.
Pages:
Jump to: