Author

Topic: [ANN] 🔵 LATOKEN - Multi-Asset Trading Platform 🔵 - page 172. (Read 307564 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Hi! Asset holder who tokenize their properties - do they get paid in LAT only? Or can they choose to get paid by BTC or ETH?
They're paid in LAT, and LAT will be listed on exchanges after the token sale
On what exchanges you will be listed?
As I know they finalizing agreements with several leading cryptoexchanges, bittrex among them
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Hi! Asset holder who tokenize their properties - do they get paid in LAT only? Or can they choose to get paid by BTC or ETH?
On what exchanges you will be listed?
Activity: 336
Activity: 189
Can US residents participate somehow?
As I understand it, the risk is on the part of the company. They are at risk of being labelled a security and being penalized as such.

An individual's risk is simply that the company is deemed a security and they shut down (or the token reaches zero).
LAT is not considered as securities according to Howey Test.
Accordingly, LAT are available for purchase in order to access the LAT platform and to
access investment opportunities available thereon. LAT are not to be purchased with a
view to profit on potential appreciation of LAT themselves. LAT do not represent an
investment contract in the LAT Platform. They do not represent a common enterprise as
the LAT platform is already operational prio investor’s investment. LAT do not represent
an investment contracts with an expectation of profits from the entrepreneurial or
managerial efforts of others. All investments decisions are made directly by the holder of
LAT, independent of other holders of LAT or the Management of the LAT platform.
For more details please check our White Paper (section 9): https://cdn.latoken.com/common/files/whitepaper/latoken-whitepaper-en.pdf
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
As I understand it, the risk is on the part of the company. They are at risk of being labelled a security and being penalized as such.

An individual's risk is simply that the company is deemed a security and they shut down (or the token reaches zero).
We’re happy to announce the addition of the famed cryptocurrency expert Michael Terpin to LAToken Advisory Board! Cool
https://blog.latoken.com/chairman-of-bitangels-michael-terpin-joined-latoken-advisory-board-e52c7abf2fd7
Can I use MEW or Jaxx wallet to contribute?
Better use MEW
Activity: 252
Can I use MEW or Jaxx wallet to contribute?
Activity: 238
Monsterdoge, presale still works. Grin
Activity: 266
Hi! What minimum contribution?
Minimum contribution - 1LAT = 0.0013 ETH
No any bonus?
Minimum contribution - 1LAT = 0.0013 ETH
Activity: 252
Yes, they can purchase LAT. But they can only use LAT as utility tokens, to buy other cryptotokens, not backed by real assets.
Some more details https://blog.latoken.com/latoken-opens-up-for-us-investors-8efd89f594c2
Activity: 238
Yes, they can purchase LAT. But they can only use LAT as utility tokens, to buy other cryptotokens, not backed by real assets.
Andrewjchapin, thanks.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Is it  labeled as security?

No, LAT is not a security according to Howey test
Can you please explain in detail? It seems to me that it fails on almost every point. Would appreciate hearing a break-down.
Why do you think so?
The four points of the Howey Test:
- Is it an investment of money? Yes.
- Is there an expectation of profits from the investment? ICO buyers are buying LAT knowing that the token is backed by real assets, not purchasing for anything other than a financial gain.
- Is the investment of money in a common enterprise? Yes, per the broad vertical definition of a common enterprise. "The investors are dependent upon the expertise or efforts of the investment promoter for their returns."
- Are profits coming from the efforts of a promoter or third party? Bounty program, staged discounts, etc. can fit into this category - when the end-user buys at a 15% discount from the efforts of a third party (BTT signature), they're going to be able to profit easier/differently than the market. Not quite kosher.

Other red flags:
- In practice, does this idea make any sense? The "how it works" section seems to indicate that I, an asset owner, could effectively take out a mortgage on my asset (trading part of it/all of it on the exchange for $) and then effectively "buy it back" later. But with the likely shift in value of the token, how do I know what it'll cost to buy it back? It's possible that I sell half of my $500k USD house for 1000 LAT (round number for the sake of simplicity), then watch the value of 1000 LAT go from $250k USD to $1m USD. That's what I have to pay, or the custodian will auction it off? Just seems like a reckless thing to do as an asset owner. What makes this better than working with a traditional bank?
- The token sale distribution seems staged for serious market manipulation. 20% for the vague "network growth" doesn't give me confidence that the organization will allow the markets to behave normally. If I put up an asset, seems like it will be easy for the organization to pump or deflate the price to influence my ability to buy it back, while they are able to auction it off for fiat.
- Heavy time-based incentives mean that people's cost-basis for LAT is low (and all over the map), meaning that those who actually participate in the system are subject to likely downward market activity. Short term, I would expect manipulation to the downside while the organization collects real-life, hard assets.
- The Inc. press link is broken.
- The HuffPost link is to the contributor network, isn't actually a real HuffPo post. (Anyone can do this.)
Activity: 434
Is it  labeled as security?
Can you please explain in detail?
Accordingly, LAT are available for purchase in order to access the LAT platform and to access investment opportunities available thereon. LAT are not to be purchased with a view to profit on potential appreciation of LAT themselves. LAT do not represent an investment contract in the LAT Platform. They do not represent a common enterprise as the LAT platform is already operational prio investor’s investment. LAT do not represent an investment contracts with an expectation of profits from the entrepreneurial or managerial efforts of others. All investments decisions are made directly by the holder of LAT, independent of other holders of LAT or the Management of the LAT platform.
Is it  labeled as security?

Can you please explain in detail? It seems to me that it fails on almost every point. Would appreciate hearing a break-down.
Why do you think so?
Jump to: