Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN - LEOcoin - Official announcement regarding LEOcoin from LEOcoin Foundation - page 15. (Read 88341 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
>> (Yes, we all know it is not listed on CoinMarketCap's frontpage, but with a calculator anyone can see how much 72806240.030627 LEOcoinx 0,2735$ is.)
Reminder: That includes 50,000,000 premined coins.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Correct, there has been a premine of 50,000,000 LEOcoins. They have been distributed as stated by Dan Andersson in the interview that was exclusively made for this thread.

The good thing about the premine, besides that 10,000,000 of them are now held by the LEOcoin Foundation, is that it prevented the botnet miners to take over the blockchain, once they got 51% of the POW hashes.

Even when 51%-attacks are perhaps a mere theoretical exercise, currently Bitcoin and the two chinese mining pools with a combined total of over 51% is in a less fortunate situation.

Could you explain how premine prevents 51% POW attack? Thanks.  Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
>> (Yes, we all know it is not listed on CoinMarketCap's frontpage, but with a calculator anyone can see how much 72806240.030627 LEOcoinx 0,2735$ is.)

Correct, there has been a premine of 50,000,000 LEOcoins. They have been distributed as stated by Dan Andersson in the interview that was exclusively made for this thread.

The good thing about the premine, besides that 10,000,000 of them are now held by the LEOcoin Foundation, is that it prevented the botnet miners to take over the blockchain, once they got 51% of the POW hashes.

Even when 51%-attacks are perhaps a mere theoretical exercise, currently Bitcoin and the two chinese mining pools with a combined total of over 51% is in a less fortunate situation.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Activity: 288
Merit: 250
A few years back we had the same conversations about UltraCoin. It is dead now and Leocin is flowing in its footsteps. Sad
PoS mining is not a good option, a reverse in the N-Factor is a much better one for fighting against botnet miners.

@king_pin

"the report of my death was an exaggeration" - Mark Twain

sorry, but I beg to differ with your idea that LEOcoin would flow in UTC footsteps. There are significant differences between LEOcoin and UTC and with a market capital of about 20 million USD, LEOcoin is nowhere near dead, but rather nearing the top 5 of the world's largest digital currencies again. (Yes, we all know it is not listed on CoinMarketCap's frontpage, but with a calculator anyone can see how much 72806240.030627 LEOcoin x 0,2735$ is.)

As a miner, I would like to mine LEOcoin with my RIGs for another few months on NF12 or so, but it definitely looks like this option is no longer available. Botnet virus mining is a disease that spoils the crypto-world and it is a shame that UTC or YAC and LEOcoin had to suffer under the greed of their fellow miners. And also returning to a lower N-Factor would not stop the botnet virus spreading and dumping their 'reward'. Even 200,000 infected CPU would still mine significant numbers, despite the better reward with GPUs. As such, POS is perhaps not the most sexy answer, but an effective one. Other digital currencies, like CRBIT have switched to POS too, just as this is planned for ETH. As LEOcoin Founder Dan Andersson has told me, the main advantage of POS is that it is a modern environmental friendly way of digital coin creation because it uses way less energy than a mixed POW/POS mechanism would.

Are you for real? Comparing Creditbit and Ethereum with Leocoin😂😂😂
A few years back we had the same conversations about UltraCoin. It is dead now and Leocin is flowing in its footsteps. Sad
PoS mining is not a good option, a reverse in the N-Factor is a much better one for fighting against botnet miners.

@king_pin

"the report of my death was an exaggeration" - Mark Twain

sorry, but I beg to differ with your idea that LEOcoin would flow in UTC footsteps. There are significant differences between LEOcoin and UTC and with a market capital of about 20 million USD, LEOcoin is nowhere near dead, but rather nearing the top 5 of the world's largest digital currencies again. (Yes, we all know it is not listed on CoinMarketCap's frontpage, but with a calculator anyone can see how much 72806240.030627 LEOcoin x 0,2735$ is.)

As a miner, I would like to mine LEOcoin with my RIGs for another few months on NF12 or so, but it definitely looks like this option is no longer available. Botnet virus mining is a disease that spoils the crypto-world and it is a shame that UTC or YAC and LEOcoin had to suffer under the greed of their fellow miners. And also returning to a lower N-Factor would not stop the botnet virus spreading and dumping their 'reward'. Even 200,000 infected CPU would still mine significant numbers, despite the better reward with GPUs. As such, POS is perhaps not the most sexy answer, but an effective one. Other digital currencies, like CRBIT have switched to POS too, just as this is planned for ETH. As LEOcoin Founder Dan Andersson has told me, the main advantage of POS is that it is a modern environmental friendly way of digital coin creation because it uses way less energy than a mixed POW/POS mechanism would.
Activity: 420
http://www.leocoinapp.com/

Yeah but LEO as LEOcoin founder will soon have 1 milion members and most dont know how to mine crypto! But how to open wallet and pres stakeing will all know! 👍🏼
Activity: 416
LEOcoin was prominently present at the LEO lunch-meeting event in the British Parliament:

http://view.vzaar.com/6989798/player?autoplay=true&looping=true&border=false

Great! Now who say LEOcoin founders are Scam is really retarded!
@all

We can confirm, that Craig S. Wright has not created LEOcoin.

Not even Bitcoin!
LEOcoin was prominently present at the LEO lunch-meeting event in the British Parliament:

http://view.vzaar.com/6989798/player?autoplay=true&looping=true&border=false

@all

We can confirm, that Craig S. Wright has not created LEOcoin.

I am sure now when leocoin dev team is top dev from bitcoin this will be fixed and exchanges will come! 👍🏼

Cmon, you really need to stop this this "top dev team from bitcoin"....Leo has NEVER named not 1 of the current dev team, and dont you dare to name someone like Mike Hearn WITH NO POOF!!!!!!

You are just deliberately misleading readers of this thread will your claims.

If you have any PROOF THE Mike Hearn is working for / with LEO, copy paste the link / whatever

If you know ANY LeoCoin DEV TEAM names, please name those too (wonder why they are not already here, since this is "their" coin )

If not, you are just trolling the site with bullshit info, that no one needs Wink Grin Cool

[/quote]

LEOcoin foundation member is the only one here that can tell you the name whobis the dev! I hope he is that guy or even some better one!
My source say top developer but not want to tell me name! But anyway i dont know that guys anyway!
But i trust my source if he say Top shit then its it! 👍🏼
Activity: 157
Merit: 100

I am sure now when leocoin dev team is top dev from bitcoin this will be fixed and exchanges will come! 👍🏼
[/quote]

Cmon, you really need to stop this this "top dev team from bitcoin"....Leo has NEVER named not 1 of the current dev team, and dont you dare to name someone like Mike Hearn WITH NO POOF!!!!!!

You are just deliberately misleading readers of this thread will your claims.

If you have any PROOF THE Mike Hearn is working for / with LEO, copy paste the link / whatever

If you know ANY LeoCoin DEV TEAM names, please name those too (wonder why they are not already here, since this is "their" coin )

If not, you are just trolling the site with bullshit info, that no one needs Wink Grin Cool

what d hell are you babling about daemon all the time. you have daemon now if you want it. Do you even know what daemon is? I guess not. A daemon is a program that runs in the background usually on linux/unix maschines.

Leocoin dont have good one! Have bad one that got crash all the time!
Www.leobit.net made own deamon!
Leoxchange dont use it since as you can see they make it all manual so you wait withdrawal for leocoin3 days! Wheb you have good daemon its need few sec coin deliver to your wallet when you pres confirm withdrawal! 👍🏼
its not wallet problem. why the pools are doing fine? no problems with auto payouts. maybe some crons problems occasionally, but not coin daemon. there are two options, or they dont know how to setup system to auto withdraw, or they dont want to .... on leoxchange.

Www.bloombit.net guys say daemon from leocoin is so bad that keep got errors so they say whe they fixed it and make it like its need to be they need 15 minutes to add leocoin!
I know www.leobit.net keep have problems too!

Activity: 505
what d hell are you babling about daemon all the time. you have daemon now if you want it. Do you even know what daemon is? I guess not. A daemon is a program that runs in the background usually on linux/unix maschines.

Leoxchange dont use it since as you can see they make it all manual so you wait withdrawal for leocoin3 days! Wheb you have good daemon its need few sec coin deliver to your wallet when you pres confirm withdrawal! 👍🏼
its not wallet problem. why the pools are doing fine? no problems with auto payouts. maybe some crons problems occasionally, but not coin daemon. there are two options, or they dont know how to setup system to auto withdraw, or they dont want to .... on leoxchange.

Activity: 505
The whole point of crypto is to have quasi- instantaneous transactions.
I have just come across this thread and any exchange that is trying to withhold your funds and where the administrators refuse to answer direct and simple queries is Fishy.....

@DeadBirdzz

It is not the policy of the LEOcoin Foundation to speak on behalf of others, like LEObit or LEOxChange, but I can assure you that no one is withholding funds. All funds have been paid out by both exchanges, for as far as I am aware. That LEOxChange is slow, is also known. This is certainly not in their advantage, but last time I checked this with their support, it was said they are working on a solution. As there is more than one exchange where you can trade LEOcoin, anyone is free to chose the exchange of their preference.

As we expect that after the presumed switch to a sole POS mechanism the price and marketcap of LEOcoin will rise, it is likely that other exchanges will enlist LEOcoin too, so the choice of exchanges where users can buy and sell LEOcoin becomes broader in the future - at least, we hope so as this will also help popularity and volumes.

Big big true! After POS start all will be another story!!!
Also when daemon will be reliesed then over night there will be 2-3 more exchanges they just wait daemon!
I have just come across this thread and any exchange that is trying to withhold your funds and where the administrators refuse to answer direct and simple queries is Fishy.....

@DeadBirdzz

It is not the policy of the LEOcoin Foundation to speak on behalf of others, like LEObit or LEOxChange, but I can assure you that no one is withholding funds. All funds have been paid out by both exchanges, for as far as I am aware. That LEOxChange is slow, is also known. This is certainly not in their advantage, but last time I checked this with their support, it was said they are working on a solution. As there is more than one exchange where you can trade LEOcoin, anyone is free to chose the exchange of their preference.

As we expect that after the presumed switch to a sole POS mechanism the price and marketcap of LEOcoin will rise, it is likely that other exchanges will enlist LEOcoin too, so the choice of exchanges where users can buy and sell LEOcoin becomes broader in the future - at least, we hope so as this will also help popularity and volumes.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
Pages:
Jump to: