Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 10. (Read 125864 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
anyone know a alternative to locablitcoins. i dont feel like providing my checkings # to coinbase.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
What would be the advantage of using localbitcoins as opposed to coinbase?
No verification process. Some buyers may require it, but there are always some that don't. You have a bit more privacy on LBC then on CoinBase (and you can do face-to-face trades).
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
What would be the advantage of using localbitcoins as opposed to coinbase?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF
At a 30 day volume (USD market only) of 15,691,563.59 USD you would hope they stay in business using a fee structure like that. :-)
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1129
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
The fee is 1%, paid by the advertiser.  That is fair, keeps them in business and not too high as far as most people are concerned.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Is a good site, but the fee is a bit high.. the resellers price too.
(in my country).

Maybe in us, it's cheap.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
LocalBitcoins has always been my favorite place for selling btc. I only deal with reputed users and never had any problem.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
No problem with localbitcoins.I love escrow there
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
I prefer evolution to revolution.
I had my account hacked on localbitcoins and I can see that the bitcoins that were left are still in the localbitcoin wallet and all they do is ignore my emails to give me back my account.  They are trying to steal my bitcoins without any shame doing so.
First, Gladoux, can you explain how that part I bolded was accomplished?  LBC moves deposited coins within several minutes of the deposit, so there's no way to know if they still control them, or whose account they are in if they do, by examining the blockchain, unless there is a comprehensive list of all addresses that LBC owns. Is there?

Anyway, I suspect that LBC ignores emails from addresses that are not assigned to their customers.  If I were LBC, I'm pretty sure that rule would be created pretty early.  Or maybe they didn't ignore the email, but wanted to wait for more evidence that the sender was the original owner of the account.  If your account has been compromised, it is reasonable to assume that other accounts of yours (like email) may also have been compromised.  Glandoux and LBC can both improve their operations:
  • Glandoux could put a little more effort into giving LBC the benefit of doubt.  In the first post about the problem, he called them thieves.
  • (Maybe) Gladoux could improve his method of protecting his LBC account.
  • LBC can keep a history of old email addresses whenever a customer changes their email address (I'm guessing they don't).
  • LBC can establish policy on handling claims of hacked accounts and let everyone know about it.
  • LBC should have a hidden set of hoops that a customer must go through in order to prove they are the actual owner once someone makes the claim that their account has been hacked.
A simple protocol would be to sign something with a private address to which some bitcoins have previously been sent, or which has been established earlier (when the account was not compromised) as the account holder's signing address.

I am interested in helping LBC establish that "hidden set" if they are interested.  Some of my ideas can be found in the archives of my mailing list (there's a link at the top of my LBC profile of the same username). LBC, please feel free to contact me if you think my ideas might be worth exploring.  I think your business has the potential to replace the three credit reporting agencies in the US, if not other government-privileged holders of monopolistic services.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Apology?  I had to post here for them to do something about it, a few hours after I post here I magically get an email back.  Pretty sure it's not them that's owed an apology.

And BTW while I was waiting for a reponse, I had a friend send emails and they responded to him without a few hours each time.

YOU allow your own account being hacked. Then you send an email to the support so that they can help you. And only because they dont answer as fast, as you want them to answer, you believe you have the right to call them thieves? Really?

Im not sure if you handle problems always that way but if localbitcoins would be a realworld store and you speak that way to the staff, then for sure i would give you a house ban.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Apology?  I had to post here for them to do something about it, a few hours after I post here I magically get an email back.  Pretty sure it's not them that's owed an apology.

And BTW while I was waiting for a reponse, I had a friend send emails and they responded to him without a few hours each time.

How long have you waited in total, from the first email you sent to the problem finally getting solved?
From your previous posts, it seems it is over a week. IMO, the support service would be way to slow in that case.
Activity: 133

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
Watching here for Glandoux's apology for calling localbitcoin thieves.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1129
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
No less than 12 hours after I post here I get my account back and everything is done.
Happy ending?
No less than 12 hours after I post here I get my account back and everything is done.
So because you had no problems, this means that this company does everything perfectly.  Very good logic.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
I agree with you but, have you had your password changed?  If not, then your comment is not relevent to the current conversation.

Your comment is not relevant to my comment.
Pages:
Jump to: