Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 11. (Read 125864 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Sorry but I have been emailing them for a week with one single reply and nothing since 4 days.  How on earth can you say I am in the wrong here.  Either their support is the worst support I've ever seen or what I said is true.

Your thoughts might make sense but I can show you countless examples where even though a company makes money they will do anything to make more.  I have countless of examples with Cryptsy doing this for example.
I totally understand your frustration after 4 days.  I would be upset also.

When you deposit BTC at localbitcoins you basically loan the BTC to them and they then own the BTC seeing as they have the private keys for the BTC at that point.

There is nothing you can do, including passwords or 2FA, that would prevent them from stealing your BTC if that is what they have in mind.

Posting here is a good way to possibly bring their attention to the issue but I would not hold your breath.

100% of my locatbitcoins.com transactions have been perfect.  I would not hesitate to do business there again.
I agree with you but, have you had your password changed?  If not, then your comment is not relevent to the current conversation.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
100% of my locatbitcoins.com transactions have been perfect.  I would not hesitate to do business there again.

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Sorry but I have been emailing them for a week with one single reply and nothing since 4 days.  How on earth can you say I am in the wrong here.  Either their support is the worst support I've ever seen or what I said is true.

Your thoughts might make sense but I can show you countless examples where even though a company makes money they will do anything to make more.  I have countless of examples with Cryptsy doing this for example.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
Actually no, it's impossible that they removed the bitcoins as I have 2FA.  They were able to log in a single time and that's it.  The coins are there and localbitcoins are doing on purpose to ignore me as they know my account was hacked so they can keep the bitcoins to themselves.  I have also done quite a bit of volume with them but they couldn't care less as they are thieves.

How can they not help if myaccount was hacked?  They just need to reset the password and put back the email that was originally on the account.  It's not rocket science.

You are borderline to trolling with your language.
Have you considered that the localbitcoins-team didn't even read your mail yet?

How about a "I forgot my password" reset straight to your mail?
(I don't know if one can change the email address, with/without 2FA)

Also, as Burt wrote, it doesn't work that way to watch bitcoins sitting on an address on the blockchain once they enter a shared wallet, like on an exchange.

And finally, even if you lost a 4 digit Bitcoin amount and it would have been "localbitcoins" who stole it from you, it wouldn't make sense for them to do this, as they (and any other popular lucrative Bitcoin service) make more money when running the business as honest and well as they can.

Ente
Actually no, it's impossible that they removed the bitcoins as I have 2FA.  They were able to log in a single time and that's it.  The coins are there and localbitcoins are doing on purpose to ignore me as they know my account was hacked so they can keep the bitcoins to themselves.  I have also done quite a bit of volume with them but they couldn't care less as they are thieves.

How can they not help if myaccount was hacked?  They just need to reset the password and put back the email that was originally on the account.  It's not rocket science.
legendary
I had my account hacked on localbitcoins and I can see that the bitcoins that were left are still in the localbitcoin wallet and all they do is ignore my emails to give me back my account.  They are trying to steal my bitcoins without any shame doing so.
So let me get this straight:

Someone took over your localbitcoins account and changed your password?  Is that correct?

Since you cannot get into your localbitcoins account to see your balance I must assume you are just looking at the number of BTC being held at your input address.  Correct?

Bad news dude.  Those are not your BTC.

The hacker has already pulled the BTC you had loaned on account to localbitcoins out and they are probably gone.  You see, when you make a withdrawl from localbitcoins they take some other BTC and send them out.  Those BTC that still happen to be sitting at your input address are theirs and they will use them to pay someone else - not you.

I am sorry your account was hacked.  Hopefully you did not lose too much.  Hopefully you learned to use two factor authentication and a strong random password on all of your Bitcoin accounts.

Do you have any idea how the thief got your password?
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
I had my account hacked on localbitcoins and I can see that the bitcoins that were left are still in the localbitcoin wallet and all they do is ignore my emails to give me back my account.  They are trying to steal my bitcoins without any shame doing so.
The LBC support is really really slow. It sometimes takes 3-4 workdays before they contact you. Anyway, they can't help if your account was hacked. I highly doubt they would steal your coins.
I had my account hacked on localbitcoins and I can see that the bitcoins that were left are still in the localbitcoin wallet and all they do is ignore my emails to give me back my account.  They are trying to steal my bitcoins without any shame doing so.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
Quick update for all of you that aren't online in #localbitcoins-support:
[16:43:17] admins , news ??
[16:43:54] Did someone take all the coins?
[16:46:01] Seems like all my coins are gone.
[16:46:11] no, looks like server crash
[16:46:24] <-- sidiberd ([email protected]) has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[16:46:51] but I'm researching it now, doesn't look like a hack, all servers in a specific datacenter have rebooted
[16:47:11] for unknown reason, might be electricity
EDIT:
[17:58:02] well, it was electricity problem, and all servers were rebooted
[17:59:23] --> sidiberd ([email protected]) has joined #localbitcoins-chat
[18:02:45] well yea, but how long does it all take to boot up? I'm guessing there's more of a process than hitting a button and walking away
[18:06:18] yeah, our server setup is quite complicated
[18:06:21] ETA 1-2 hours
[18:06:39] gotcha

I wonder how many servers they need to run to support their service ?
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Thanks for the update Smiley
Yeah, update appreciated bitcoininformation.
bitcoininformation you done a great job for all of us its appreciated thanks
No problem everyone. Just trying to help out, as always. Grin
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will survive
bitcoininformation you done a great job for all of us its appreciated thanks
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
Yeah, update appreciated bitcoininformation.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Quick update for all of you that aren't online in #localbitcoins-chat:
[16:43:17] admins , news ??
[16:43:54] Did someone take all the coins?
[16:46:01] Seems like all my coins are gone.
[16:46:11] no, looks like server crash
[16:46:24] <-- sidiberd ([email protected]) has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[16:46:51] but I'm researching it now, doesn't look like a hack, all servers in a specific datacenter have rebooted
[16:47:11] for unknown reason, might be electricity
EDIT:
[17:58:02] well, it was electricity problem, and all servers were rebooted
[17:59:23] --> sidiberd ([email protected]) has joined #localbitcoins-chat
[18:02:45] well yea, but how long does it all take to boot up? I'm guessing there's more of a process than hitting a button and walking away
[18:06:18] yeah, our server setup is quite complicated
[18:06:21] ETA 1-2 hours
[18:06:39] gotcha
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
Because I need to sell a bitcoin fast-ish, the site goes down.  This is analogous to how the rest of my life goes as well. Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615
why your trust is "-4"   Shocked

You know that the word "trust" in the user profile is a link, right?  And that you can click that link to find out exactly why someone has the trust rating that they do, right?

The number is meaningless.  What's important is what's said, and who said it.

Here, take a look at the trust you are asking about and decide for yourself:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8516
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Are you the CEO of localbitcoins.com??
why your trust is "-4"   Shocked

Can I believe you or your exchanges?

default trust is bad.... very bad.
Activity: 472
Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!
Are you the CEO of localbitcoins.com??
why your trust is "-4"   Shocked

Can I believe you or your exchanges?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
I have a question about Feedback.  Ok, so a buyer makes request for sizable amount of Bitcoins ties up my BTC for most of the 3 hour payment window then cancels.  

Looks like I can leave feedback, can they do the same for me?  I don't want to leave bad feedback if they can retaliate.  Undecided

It's called hedging ones bets Wink
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615
I have a question about Feedback.  Ok, so a buyer makes request for sizable amount of Bitcoins ties up my BTC for most of the 3 hour payment window then cancels. 

Looks like I can leave feedback, can they do the same for me?  I don't want to leave bad feedback if they can retaliate.  Undecided

Yes, they can retaliate.
Pages:
Jump to: