Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 9. (Read 125864 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
CRYPTO20
The site: http://localbitcoins.com/

Features

- tries to resolve your location based on your IP, but you can also specify zipcode/postal code search
- anonymous by default, no email addresses shown. You decide afterwards if you accept the offer, and of course you can use throw-away email.
- specify your price using equation - makes it easy to make competitive pricing strategy
- transactions and reputation system. collect reputation via confirmed trades. It is possible to do the transaction on-the-spot with just an one device. Also it is possible to do the transaction with SMS message - quick and easy.

How to run a bitcoin cash exchange for fun and profit - guide

We also wrote a short tutorial for using the site: http://localbitcoins.com/cash_exchange_howto

Features under development

- better process for buyers/sellers
- better UI

Any suggestions are welcome! Especially feedback how well the location works for you, eg. how well your location is determined with the IP, etc.
sorry, are u the localbitcoins support
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Get many scams on here?

only if you accept buys from randoms with no/fake ID & stolen bank details.

the money was in my account, but the bank 'stole' it back

bank, police & web owners said, too bad be more careful - fuckers!

other than that its pretty solid.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Get many scams on here?
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
I apologize for the confusing. It is indeed #localbitcoins-chat.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
#localbitcoins-chat
legendary
Quick update for all of you that aren't online in #localbitcoins-support:

Hi bitcoininformation,

i just signed into #localbitcoins-support but theres only me there.

has this IRC been changed ?
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
Site's been down for a long time.  Any news?

I don't have any problem loading it now. You can try it again now after clearing your browser's cache.
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
I prefer evolution to revolution.
Site's been down for a long time.  Any news?
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Oh man, I accidently sent BTC to my old localbitcoin address, saw too late it had changed to a new one.

It is with relief I can say that it ended up in my account anyway!

As of a few weeks ago your address changes every time you send to it. You can always re-use the old ones too, but you get a new one every time you send coin to the new one.
-Dave
Activity: 182
Oh man, I accidently sent BTC to my old localbitcoin address, saw too late it had changed to a new one.

It is with relief I can say that it ended up in my account anyway!
Looks like they just had to reenable their DDOS protection, which they did, so it's back up now.
Site is down for me right now.  Went down about 20 minutes ago.
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570
So the seller pays the whole fee? The buyer pays only the offered price?

No.

The advertiser pays the whole fee.  The customer pays only the listed price.

If you create an ad to buy bitcoins then you will pay the 1% fee, and the seller that responds to your ad will receive your advertised payment.
If you create an ad to sell bitcoins then you will pay the 1% fee, and the buyer that responds to your ad will pay your advertised price.

Because the advertisers are generally aware of this fee, then typically adjust their advertisement to compensate themselves for the cost of the fee.  As such, it is actually the customer that is indirectly paying the fee.  An advertiser that wants to receive BitStamp+5% for the bitcoins that they are selling will typically sell on localbitcoins for BitStamp+6% to cover the costs of the fee.

The fee is only charged if the transaction is completed using localbitcoins transaction service.  If you meet the person face-to-face and the bitcoins are sent directly to the customer's wallet instead of going through the localbitcoins transaction service, then there is no fee charged.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Just the advertiser gets the fee, unless they changed it very recently and didn't update this: https://localbitcoins.com/fees

Oh that makes a lot more sense.  I tested it by requesting a trade with myself, and I guess since I'm the advertiser, I got dinged on both sides. DOH!

So the seller pays the whole fee? The buyer pays only the offered price?

Just the advertiser gets the fee, unless they changed it very recently and didn't update this: https://localbitcoins.com/fees

Oh that makes a lot more sense.  I tested it by requesting a trade with myself, and I guess since I'm the advertiser, I got dinged on both sides. DOH!
Activity: 210
What would be the advantage of using localbitcoins as opposed to coinbase?
No verification process. Some buyers may require it, but there are always some that don't. You have a bit more privacy on LBC then on CoinBase (and you can do face-to-face trades).

Sounds good. More privacy and faster transactions with LBC...
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF

The fee is 1%, paid by the advertiser.  That is fair, keeps them in business and not too high as far as most people are concerned.
I think they charge the buyer 1% too.  I downloaded my history to check and I see I did a local buy on 6/20 and got 1% less than I bought.
Pages:
Jump to: