Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 5. (Read 125864 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I'm getting cloudFlare Error 504 or 502. Is the site down?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Error 521 Ray ID: 20640c8c33b9179e • 2015-07-15 08:20:37 UTC
Web server is down

E2A - aaaaand its back!

Hi,

for 'finding' 'missing' bitcoins resulted for using localbitcoins web wallet incorrectly, (receive 0.07 newly generated coins from mining), we bill 200 EUR / hour for manual labor, and minimum billable amount is 100 EUR. The amount is reduced from the recovered amount of bitcoins with current bitstamp rate.

Please note that using localbitcoins wallet to receive newly generated coins might be fixed in future, but we cannot provide any ETA for that.

Please let us know how do you wish to proceed....

legendary
Activity: 954
Merit: 1000
They finally fixed the problem on the excess fee being charged and now is back to the normal 0.0001 to 0.0003, and have directed the matter to a developer. It has already been roughly 2 weeks , since I last heard from them about any refunds ,but if you guys were charged a higher fees as high as 0.0011 between 10th and 18th June, you should request for a refund if any .
legendary
That is a stupid explanation. What do you mean by a free user ? One of my friends who had this resolved was refunded which points to the fact about the error being on their part. Their FAQ also says that fees is charged based on the bitcoin network and the fees has been 0.0001 in cases I have been charged 0.0011.

1. I did not say they wont solve your problem. I said they dont care about you. That means your problem is not a priority for them as they are already established. Check https://localbitcoins.com/fees. They have more interest in 'Custom Work'.

Custom work, such as research of possible external problems: 200 eur/hour, paid with Bitcoin by the current rate. Minimum billable amount 100 eur.

Custom work is something they generally do along side and I doubt if it in anyways affects(which it shouldn't) their normal localbitcoin business . I was actually a trader there but this has become really disappointing. I haven't got any replies in the past 4 days from the support. I had also sent them another message yesterday .
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
Still waiting to get the high fees resolved. I had a friend who was charged similar amounts for the fees but today he received a refund for the high fees that was charged.

Also been charged a high fees around 0.0004 multiple times when the blockchain was only 0.0001.

They are already established and hence dont care much about supporting free users.

That is a stupid explanation. What do you mean by a free user ? One of my friends who had this resolved was refunded which points to the fact about the error being on their part. Their FAQ also says that fees is charged based on the bitcoin network and the fees has been 0.0001 in cases I have been charged 0.0011.

1. I did not say they wont solve your problem. I said they dont care about you. That means your problem is not a priority for them as they are already established. Check https://localbitcoins.com/fees. They have more interest in 'Custom Work'.

Custom work, such as research of possible external problems: 200 eur/hour, paid with Bitcoin by the current rate. Minimum billable amount 100 eur.

2. 0.0011 BTC is not abnormal. It depends on your Tx size. If you post your Tx ID, we can see more details of it.
legendary
Still waiting to get the high fees resolved. I had a friend who was charged similar amounts for the fees but today he received a refund for the high fees that was charged.

Also been charged a high fees around 0.0004 multiple times when the blockchain was only 0.0001.

They are already established and hence dont care much about supporting free users.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

legendary

Activity: 574
Merit: 503
V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==
The site is very good, always use it to buy Bitcoins using PayPal and Payza times when there are good sell orders .
Merit: 500

Yes I am aware of that, but in the past 2 days I have been charged 0.0011 as withdrawal fees. Also after I checked the transaction ID, it shows 0.0001 as the txn fees. I don't see why they would charge me 11 times that. They also charged 0.0003-0.0004 sometimes, even when the tx in fees on blockchain was just 0.0001 BTC. This could potentially be a bug or could be something done on purpose.
Then Thats certainly a lot. You should contact the support I am sure they will sort it out. I haven't seen anyone else post about it, so it could be just you with a bug on your account.
legendary
@Localbitcoins any reason why you are charging us random fees on the withdrawals on the website ? I have been charged much more than the normal transaction fees couple of times in the last couple of days.
What do you mean by random fees ? Their site says

Transfer fee is usually 0.0001-0.0004 BTC per outgoing transfer, but sometimes it can be a more or less because of the non-deterministic nature of generated bitcoin transactions.
 So it can be anything in that range same as the one which can be seen in the blockchain transaction.
Yes I am aware of that, but in the past 2 days I have been charged 0.0011 as withdrawal fees. Also after I checked the transaction ID, it shows 0.0001 as the txn fees. I don't see why they would charge me 11 times that. They also charged 0.0003-0.0004 sometimes, even when the tx in fees on blockchain was just 0.0001 BTC. This could potentially be a bug or could be something done on purpose.
Merit: 500
@Localbitcoins any reason why you are charging us random fees on the withdrawals on the website ? I have been charged much more than the normal transaction fees couple of times in the last couple of days.
What do you mean by random fees ? Their site says

Transfer fee is usually 0.0001-0.0004 BTC per outgoing transfer, but sometimes it can be a more or less because of the non-deterministic nature of generated bitcoin transactions.
 So it can be anything in that range same as the one which can be seen in the blockchain transaction.
legendary
Activity: 172
Merit: 22
WARNING: I just received a phishing email (from news@coinbase.com) on the email address I used to sign up to LocalBitcoins.

I have only ever used this particular email address to sign up to LocalBitcoins - this means that the database of LocalBitcoins has been compromised.

I don't know if email addresses have been leaked in a previous hack or if it happened recently, but I didn't receive any emails other than LocalBitcoins notifications there until today.

it happened to me but I'm not registered to localbitcoins... so you can do the math

Be careful if you have used the same email address on BitcoinTalk as well as LocalBitcoins. As the DB is now supposedly in the public domain (Ref: http://satoshibox.com/5568fdd512fb6d98558b462d) hackers may use it in the wrong way.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
WARNING: I just received a phishing email (from news@coinbase.com) on the email address I used to sign up to LocalBitcoins.

I have only ever used this particular email address to sign up to LocalBitcoins - this means that the database of LocalBitcoins has been compromised.

I don't know if email addresses have been leaked in a previous hack or if it happened recently, but I didn't receive any emails other than LocalBitcoins notifications there until today.

it happened to me but I'm not registered to localbitcoins... so you can do the math
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140
Be careful with buying paypal mycash codes on here.  Paypal is shutting down people's accounts.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Could you elaborate what your main concern is? Did they state to not have a cold wallet or something? As long as they have 95% in cold wallets, I assume they will bail out anybody who looses money due to their fault.

1.They are not taking action against dishonest people - they could drastically reduce the number by banning all Tor/VPN/Proxy users and requiring ID from all users.
2.They are not working to improve their credit rating ->  dealing with them may have a negative impact on your own credit rating.
3.I don't know about their cold wallet/hot wallet policy, but they still don't use multisig...

So no issue here. Thanks for clarifying.

I support the use of TOR and anonymity and would leave LB if it would follow your advice. I prefer you leave.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
I just emptied my LocalBitcoins wallet after using them for a while, because LocalBitcoins is not doing enough to protect their users.

Are you referring to their escrow? or how they handle the situations with escrow?

if you had a bad taste with them, can you explain your story. I`m aware some people have been doing cash deposit reversals on the same day when they get their bitcoin but they cant really do much about anything really.

which payment option did you go with?
Pages:
Jump to: