Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 13. (Read 125864 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Would be nice if they caught the bastards with their hands in the cookie jar and were able to ID them but having them get nothing for their efforts is a huge win in Bitcoinland.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will survive
Sad news but good is all data is safes and site will back soon with all features and stuff
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
There is no information out-of-band

Just a few minutes after I posted that, there was a blog post and Twitter status update -- so LocalBitcoins did address the outage out-of-band eventually.

As far as what happened:

LocalBitcoins received a very dangerous attack against the site infrastructure
The site will be down for a while as the system is being rebuilt

- http://localbitcoins.blogspot.com/2014/05/attack-against-localbitcoins.html
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Any suggestions are welcome!

The site is currently offline (no response when accessing the site).    There is no information out-of-band, such as a message on a status.localbitcoins.com http://localbitcoins.blogspot.com site (hosted separately), or an acknowledgement of the issue here in this thread, and/or on Twitter: http://twitter.com/localbitcoins
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Sold my bitcoins in this page. Its really good to trade there  Smiley
+1
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
how this is work safely  Huh

It works safely if the person makes the right decisions of how to best make the transaction.
Activity: 994
Merit: 501

Paypal isn't safe.  Cash deposits at a local bank are safe.  Coins get escrowed.  Buy from seller with 100% rating and 30+ feedback.
legendary
Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Why did you accept paypal? Its not even offered by LBTC isnt it? And its that way for a reason. You wont get the coins back now.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I lost 0.8 btc. That's all I have. TT
User: Erdinger
via paypal
What should I do to take my bitcoin back?
Activity: 881
Merit: 500
CyberTrade
If there are any sellers in the USA who accept cash deposits into their bank accounts for bitcoin please PM me immediately.

Thanks.
Activity: 8
Sold my bitcoins in this page. Its really good to trade there  Smiley
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
SCAM ALERT: midwestbitcoiner

While the user has 100% feedback on LBC, they are not engaging in any trades, but only posting ads to verify ownership of the account. These ads are used in conjunction with craigslist for sale ads for bitcoin mining equipment, namely Butterfly Lab singles.

I believe this account has been hacked.

BEWARE!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF
What the heck is going on with Localbitcoins?

I requested a withdrawal which was going to be used to pay an invoice from bips.me. The withdrawal showed up as processed but there was a technical issue and the coins never arrived so I opened a support ticket, asking specifically NOT to send the coins any more to that address since the invoice had expired. This morning I see the ticket was updated and disregarding my petition the coins were sent to that address. I have tried to contact LBC again asking for an explanation and/or possible solution but the only thing they do is "update" the ticket without sending any reply.

I didn't expect this unprofessional behaviour from LBC; I really hope this issue will be solved and I can recover my coins or otherwise I will make an awful lot of noise.

Looks like the person who kicks the "withdrawal server" is not the same as the one handling (or not-handling) support. I had a support question today and it was resolved withing hours. It was a already known bug though.
Activity: 26
Their support has been extremely slow recently. I have some bitcoins trapped in my account and its the 2nd day now they have ignored my ticket. Sort this out Localbitcoins!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

I requested a withdrawal which was going to be used to pay an invoice from bips.me. The withdrawal showed up as processed but there was a technical issue and the coins never arrived so I opened a support ticket, asking specifically NOT to send the coins any more to that address since the invoice had expired. This morning I see the ticket was updated and disregarding my petition the coins were sent to that address. I have tried to contact LBC again asking for an explanation and/or possible solution but the only thing they do is "update" the ticket without sending any reply.

I didn't expect this unprofessional behaviour from LBC; I really hope this issue will be solved and I can recover my coins or otherwise I will make an awful lot of noise.

The coins shouldnt be lost. Normally the shop that uses bips.me can get the coins or bips.me helps directly.
Though of course LBC should have read the ticket at least.
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

Activity: 562
Merit: 509
What's wrong with localbitcoins.com? I'm always getting an error trying to access the page  Undecided

LocalBitcoins.com

Technical problem

An unrecoverable technical error has occured. We've got this error logged and will get to fixing this shortly. The event ID for this error is 88679ac160934b1e89f43a83e5a1389f.

If you were doing something important or the problem persists, please do contact us at [email protected] or our support form. Please mention the event ID above for your particular occurence.

Edit: Never mind, the problem just occured for 5 minutes (on every device tho). But the website works again now.
Activity: 25
Still waiting on a response.
Emailed through site, pmed and posted here.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615
SCAM ALERT:

localbitcoins user using an ID of "thebitcoingirl" is initiating electronic transactions (such as Western Union and MoneyGram) and then sending a link claiming that it is a link to an image of the receipt of payment.

The link actually downloads a Windows executable.

The scammer also clicks the "Payment Sent" button to lock the bitcoins in escrow so you can't sell them until a dispute investigation is completed (usually 1 to 2 days).

Hopefully the site administrators will see that the user is a scammer and will resolve the disputes quickly.  I've still got 2 hours on the clock before I'm even allowed to file a dispute.
Pages:
Jump to: