Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 15. (Read 125889 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

I dont see how i could search for my location to find a local exchanger. The website seems to be for trades over internet but i need cash and want to buy in person.
I can ask in the thread but i doubt that there will be an exchanger near to me then.
legendary
What the... i cant believe it. I sent bitcoins to localbitcoins only to be able to contact a buyer of bitcoins i want to trade in cash. Without that i would not been able to contact him. Since he doesnt answer i wanted to contact another buyer but now my previous bitcoin amount is gone. Stuck with the previous buyer. I now have to upload another 4.31 bitcoins only to contact another buyer.

Sorry. Localbitcoins is dead for me now. This is so stupid... sorry. This website once was ok but that is too stupid. And i dont see a way how to get the previous bitcoins out again. At least i cant imagine how my bitcoins can get lost since i want cash. But if i really get useless USD for my Bitcoins only because localbitcoins wants some fee (or whatever they think handling it this way) then i will be really angry. I only wanted to contact the buyer with the least bitcoins to upload. I dont need USD at all.

Any alternative to localbitcoins?

By the way... the website is totally broken in FF 26.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
Is there any place that charts the LocalBitcoins CNY-BTC trading, the way Bitcoincharts used to show LocalBitcoins USD?
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
Is localbitcoins broken? I tried to find traders for cash transfers. When i want to contact him i have to set up values. BTC or EUR in order to proceed. But when i do this i get told i dont have bitcoins at localbitcoins address. Even though i want to exchange cash...

I only did cash trades, and always had sufficient BTC on the site, to be able to react quick.
However, localbitcoins state themselves that you are free to do transactions without the site, directly. You then don't have 1% fee. That only makes sense when you don't have to have the bitcoins on the site..
Weird. I believe their mailsupport is quicker than waiting for a reply in this thread.

Ente
legendary
No answer. Not cool when in need of cash.
legendary
Is localbitcoins broken? I tried to find traders for cash transfers. When i want to contact him i have to set up values. BTC or EUR in order to proceed. But when i do this i get told i dont have bitcoins at localbitcoins address. Even though i want to exchange cash...
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
It looks not quite reliable.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
i registered today, deposited 0.1, when i tried to create another address for depositing more BTC, the whole thing crashed and now i cant log in anymore...nice lol

Yeah, I managed to post my first ad and sell my first coin there, and now I can't log in either. Keeps throwing event IDs. Hardly inspires confidence Undecided
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will survive
i registered today, deposited 0.1, when i tried to create another address for depositing more BTC, the whole thing crashed and now i cant log in anymore...nice lol

you must contact them throw support they will fix this all its very nice site and have good support team
Activity: 365
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
Be careful, we're getting reports of bank transfers getting reversed on localbitcoin transactions.

Nothing new there. Bank transfers have been getting reversed for as long as people have been using them to pay for bitcoins. It's been pretty well known for years now that a bank transfer is a risky way to accept payment.
Activity: 476
Be careful, we're getting reports of bank transfers getting reversed on localbitcoin transactions.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Why does bitcoinary.com redirect to localbitcons? I hadn't followed either site since their founding, but I thought they were separate bit-businesses.

Either it was hacked, or the owner of bitcoinary's referral code to LBC is h7z. I was wondering why I'd open tabs in the background and the bookmark labeled Bitcoinary never got opened. LOL
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
cryptocurrencycharts.com also redirects, as well as another domain I discovered (that I now forget). they bought some good domains.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Why does bitcoinary.com redirect to localbitcons? I hadn't followed either site since their founding, but I thought they were separate bit-businesses.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
This is what I was griping about a page or so back.  If it ain't broke then don't fix it.  I do not need a localbitcoins wallet, I have plenty.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
Is this a bug or did you change it on purpose?

I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but it was most definitely changed on purpose.  Look at the new wording on the contact page:

To fund the transaction, send at least #.###### BTC to your LocalBitcoins wallet address 1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Emphasis added by me.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
The transaction service works best if you leave enough funds in your wallet to cover your largest ad and just fund sales automatically.

I have WAY too many no-shows for that.  That would be a huge hassle.  In addition, I don't trust localbitcoins not to get hacked or steal my funds.  There have been far too many instances of web hosted bitcoin accounts losing/stealing funds.  There is no way I'm going to just leave $15000 worth of bitcoins hanging around in localbitcoins' wallet. The process worked fine before.  The only funds that had to be sent to localbitcoins was AFTER someone indicated that they wanted to use the transaction service, and then the funds where only there for a half hour or so before I didn't have to worry about them anymore.  What's the benefit of this new system?  It only seems to make things significantly less secure, less anonymous, and less convenient.
I agree that it's additional risk. It can be worth it in certain circumstances.

The benefit is there for the buyer. When transactions get funded automatically that's one way they know the seller is serious. No-shows happen on their end too, I've heard horror stories about that from people who've bought from me.

Also if you do online sales of any type it's frequently possible for the process to go from "order created" to "bitcoins released" in less time than it would take to get a single confirmation, much less three.

I take the risk of loss by leaving funds in my LocalBitcoins account because it helps get me good feedback due to quick turnarounds, and I've already gained more from that than I would lose if they disappear with my funds tomorrow.
The point is that the old system worked perfectly.  It was not broken as far as I know.  Why was it "fixed"?
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
WHY DID YOU CHANGE THIS???  The old system worked perfectly.  This new system, excuse my French, sucks.  Please go back to generating a differenet address for each unfunded transaction and giving us the actual correct amount.  My transaction did not fund because a) you gave me the wrong amount to send and b) what I sent went into my wallet, NOT to the transaction.  Is this a bug or did you change it on purpose?  PLEASE change it back.  Also please explain why you thought you had to change it.

Not happy at all about the new system of funding the "transaction service".

Previously the contact would give a unique wallet address specific only to that contact.  You could send the exact amount of bitcoins needed from an external wallet to the address specified by localbitcoins.  They would collect their 1% fee.  Everyone would be happy.

Now, every contact uses my default localbitcoins "wallet address" instead of a unique address.  This means I have to re-use addresses ( a practice that I am against ).  The contact page lies and says:
To fund the transaction, send at least #.###### BTC to your LocalBitcoins wallet address.

When I did so, localbitcoins extracted a 0.000033 BTC fee from the amount I received in the wallet???  As such, there wasn't enough in the wallet to fund the transaction.  I had to send a second transaction of 0.000033 BTC (and pay another 0.0001 BTC transaction fee) to get enough in the account to fund the transaction.  So now localbitcoins has taken not only the agreed 1% for the transaction but an additional 0.000033 BTC from me, and I can only assume they'll take 0.000033 BTC from the receiver as well?

I'm not so upset about the cost.  Localbitcoins can charge whatever fees they want, and if they get too expensive a competitor will come along and undercut them driving them out of business.  That's capitalism.

I'm upset that the contact page told me to send a particular amount of bitcoins, but when I sent that amount it wasn't enough.  Then when I met with the buyer, the transaction wasn't funded and I couldn't release it.  It inconvenienced me, and the buyer. Neither of us had time to wait for 3 more confirmations on another transaction, so we had to reschedule for another day. If this mess isn't cleaned up, I'll refuse to use the "transaction service" any longer.  localbitcoins will no longer get the 1% from me, as I'll just send directly to buyers' addresses.
Pages:
Jump to: