Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [LTC] [PPS] [OTP 2FA] [Stratum only] LTCMine PPS mining pool (3.3%) - page 50. (Read 227562 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
I received some reports like this. I'm unsure about the reason, but switching to bfgminer usually resolves this issue.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I get from time to time the message from cgminer, that the stratum pool could not be reached (last time today 21:20 server time)... cgminer is then still continuing mining, but all shares get rejected. When I restart cgminer then, everything is fine and it starts normally mining again.

Is this a problem from the server-side or should I configure cgminer in another way (e.g. that it tries to reconnect more often, ...)?
legendary
So, if miner got reject with "unknown-work" message, this means that local working set wasn't updated properly while pool's working set updated already. This could be caused by network problem, and can be resolved by manual expiry time decreasing. Try -E 30 option for cgminer/bfgminer.

Thanks a lot for posting your suggestions here, any knowledge sharing is highly appreciated. Maybe one more hint in case anyone runs into similar issues as I did:

I had ~4% to ~10% rejects on cgminer (a wild mixture of graphics cards on several systems). Setting expiry to 30 unfortunately didn't help. The reason turned out to be connected to the fact that the miners are on a relatively slow internet connection. After I disabled the stratum proxies and CPU miners on two of the systems, reducing network load, everything seems to be fine now Smiley
If you have slow connection, it's recommended to run one instance of stratum/ltc proxy and connect all miners (including machines running cgminer) to this instance. This will dramatically reduce traffic usage.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
So, if miner got reject with "unknown-work" message, this means that local working set wasn't updated properly while pool's working set updated already. This could be caused by network problem, and can be resolved by manual expiry time decreasing. Try -E 30 option for cgminer/bfgminer.

Thanks a lot for posting your suggestions here, any knowledge sharing is highly appreciated. Maybe one more hint in case anyone runs into similar issues as I did:

I had ~4% to ~10% rejects on cgminer (a wild mixture of graphics cards on several systems). Setting expiry to 30 unfortunately didn't help. The reason turned out to be connected to the fact that the miners are on a relatively slow internet connection. After I disabled the stratum proxies and CPU miners on two of the systems, reducing network load, everything seems to be fine now Smiley
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Well, even though it looked like problem was solved, it was just some short term deviation and now the reject rate is back to 3% :-(
Great, it looks like it helped a lot. Since I have changed the expiration, I'm getting almost no rejects at all, thanks again.
There are two working sets - pool's working set and miner's local working set. The "unknown-work" message means that work doesn't exist in pool's working set anymore (or never existed). Pool working set cleanup procedure launched for every new block, received by pool from p2p network. Local working set cleared when miner receives "New work found" message from pool.

P.S. Minimum shares difficulty border now is fixed at x64.

Thanks for the hint, I've applied it right now and will let you know if it helped :-)
legendary
What should I do in order to keep reject ratio lower? I'm constantly getting about 3% which is quite a lot from what I read here...
Ping to ltcmine.ru from my miner is about 28-30ms which is really nice, so that shouldn't be a problem. What else can keep my reject ratio that high?

Which type of rejects do you get? Is it "unknown-work" or something another?

yes, unknown-work
There are two working sets - pool's working set and miner's local working set. The "unknown-work" message means that work doesn't exist in pool's working set anymore (or never existed). Pool working set cleanup procedure launched for every new block, received by pool from p2p network. Local working set cleared when miner receives "New work found" message from pool.

P.S. Minimum shares difficulty border now is fixed at x64.
What should I do in order to keep reject ratio lower? I'm constantly getting about 3% which is quite a lot from what I read here...
Ping to ltcmine.ru from my miner is about 28-30ms which is really nice, so that shouldn't be a problem. What else can keep my reject ratio that high?

yes, unknown-work
legendary

legendary
Received some emails... It seems that we have many users without email specified in profile, but they believe that the address was specified. It looks like they just forgot to do it.

I'll add warning on the main page, which will be displayed for users without email specified.
Done.

Later I'll perform the log analysis. Smiley
legendary
Received some emails... It seems that we have many users without email specified in profile, but they believe that the address was specified. It looks like they just forgot to do it.

I'll add warning on the main page, which will be displayed for users without email specified.
BBN
Just looked into the Event Viewer...

At round 1.08.00 am I have "a request to disable windows desktop manager" followed by "faulty application name cgminer.exe..module amdocl.dll" and to top things off   "amdkmdap driver crashed and successfully recovered" 1 sec after that...few hours later fragmentation process starts, finishes and the pc "shuts down ". Have in mind cards fans were working...Anyone  Roll Eyes

EDIT: One worker stopped soon after the upper mentioned findings the other 3 hours after that..
BBN
Just looked into the Event Viewer...

At round 1.08.00 am I have "a request to disable windows desktop manager" followed by "faulty application name cgminer.exe..module amdocl.dll" and to top things off   "amdkmdap driver crashed and successfully recovered" 1 sec after that...few hours later fragmentation process starts, finishes and the pc "shuts down ". Have in mind cards fans were working...Anyone  Roll Eyes
BBN
Thanks Deutschpire,

Its the first time I am seeing this behavior of "working" cards and sleeping and not responding system. Will keep and eye today  Roll Eyes
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site
EXPERT OPINION NEEDED  Roll Eyes

Its funny, I wake up and its strangely quite in the room  Grin ..I switch on the screen but nothings pops up..Quick check on the laptop aaaand both workers are down  for few hours.
 It seems from the hashes as only one was working then 1/20th of one and then all stopped..Cry . Mining rig is idle - no screen but the cards fans were working at normal speed, very strange. Hard reset and hashing away, anyone have an idea what happened to my rig?

For me it's not uncommon, sometimes I find it recovered from an unexpected shutdown or just needs hard rebooting... Either the drivers would crash or a mem dump can occur. Remember computers aren't designed to be trashed the way we're treating them :-)

Once every now and then it ok, if it keep on happening you might wanna sit next to it for a couple of hours and see what exactly is going on... But if you're into troubleshooting on an event viewer level, you will find your answer there.
BBN
EXPERT OPINION NEEDED  Roll Eyes

Its funny, I wake up and its strangely quite in the room  Grin ..I switch on the screen but nothings pops up..Quick check on the laptop aaaand both workers are down  for few hours.
 It seems from the hashes as only one was working then 1/20th of one and then all stopped..Cry . Mining rig is idle - no screen but the cards fans were working at normal speed, very strange. Hard reset and hashing away, anyone have an idea what happened to my rig?
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site
The reason of crash is funny, someone registered too many workers and submitted one share for each.

Fixed now, this should never happen again.

I'm so glad this happened... Since I started mining I started with this pool and always wanted to try other ones... Well, guess what? This pool is awesome!!! nowhere I am able to get 0.7% staling and 2 LTCs/day but here...
legendary
The reason of crash is funny, someone registered too many workers and submitted one share for each.

Fixed now, this should never happen again.

// Went back to sleep
Pages:
Jump to: