Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Lucyd - Welcome to Lucyd, the new Augmented Reality World - page 79. (Read 18510 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 40
If you are interested in our disruptive technology and tremendous value it creates for augmented reality market:

https://www.lucyd.co/2017/10/31/scientific-analysis-of-lucyd-patents-by-lucyd-optics-lead-dr-kayat/

Oh, thank you very much for this link! I love to read new information and follow the news of your project Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 13
Interesting project! Seems indeed like a very long term project.
Good luck!
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Innovation Powered by Crypto
How did the Pre ICO end? Please update...
Activity: 210
Merit: 16
Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry
If you are interested in our disruptive technology and tremendous value it creates for augmented reality market:

https://www.lucyd.co/2017/10/31/scientific-analysis-of-lucyd-patents-by-lucyd-optics-lead-dr-kayat/

I am interested about lucyd but is it only limited to eyeglasses and since the concept is augmented reality through special eyeglasses will you be handing out beta versions or like eyeglasses for testing it out to improve at some point?
Activity: 266
Merit: 10

Hey guys quite a few updates. We have grown our team to 7 Ph.D.s and a couple of new science advisors who were excited to join our team:

Donna Waters is an optical designer with 20 years of experience in the research and development of optical instruments and devices.  As an independent consultant (a.k.a. Proof of Concept Optical Engineering), she has designed optics for a wide variety of AR and VR prototypes, including diffractive lenses and illumination systems for holographic waveguides.  She also designed picoprojector light engines at Micron Technologies.  She holds an MS Physics from UC Santa Cruz and an MS Optics from the University of Central Florida (CREOL).

Dr Yiorgios Kostoulas: an Associate Professor at the Division of General Engineering at Vanderbilt University School of Engineering. His research has been in the area of ultrafast spectroscopy of semiconductors, superconductors and polymers. Recently he did research in the area of Si photonics. He also held senior positions in the semiconductor industry and led product marketing/management efforts in the following companies: ADE Corporation (now part of KLA-Tencor), Accent Optical Technologies (now part of Nanometrix), and Brooks Automation. He has over ten years of experience with product marketing and management on a global scale and with products in all stages of their lifecycle, from inception and realization to end-of-life. In addition, he is an experienced university technology commercialization professional specializing in software, materials and optical early stage technologies.  Yiorgos received his Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Rochester and his MBA from Boston College.

Mikhail Gutin, Ph.D: Dr. Gutin has over 20 years of experience in many areas of optics, with an extensive record of patents and publications, and the R&D 100 Award by R&D Magazine (the R&D 100 Awards serves as the most prestigious innovation awards program, honoring great R&D pioneers and their revolutionary ideas in science and technology).

See all Linked In profiles here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/25172659/

That's all on top of all scientists we already had, including leading inventor behind 12 out of 13 disruptive patents. Please see updated whitepaper and generally an updated website: https://www.lucyd.co/

We have some promotional offer up to 35% going on in free LCD tokens, as well promo on first 500 smartglasses. Our affiliate program is live with 5% referral bonus and our LCD Wallet takes any major cryptocurrency payments!

Activity: 121
The rank has changed, correct the table.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
I came across this thread for the first time. Is this shit real? If yes why the heck is it not getting more attention? These guys have groundbreaking patents in place and given the activity in this thread it seems nobody cares. If they make this happen it should rather be one of the hottest ICOs out there. Any info from you guys here?
I think the AR glasses will really fly off in the coming years. The token economics should be tied to the product to increase the value of both in the future.
I hope that your words will turn out to be true! I really want the idea of the project to be successful! I can not wait to try these glasses

I really think it will. It will not be a quick one, but may take years. Given that Lucyd will be a pioneer in this space and with patents, this has a long way to go.

The tokens just needs better economics to be tied to the product.
So we'll wait! You can wait as long as you want, just to know that all is not in vain! And I hope that all is not in vain Smiley
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
The rank has changed, please adjust the table.

You need to post this in the Bounty thread for them to be able to update the list.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2236863.0;all
Activity: 104
The rank has changed, please adjust the table.
Activity: 190
Innovation Powered by Crypto
I think the AR glasses will really fly off in the coming years. The token economics should be tied to the product to increase the value of both in the future.
I hope that your words will turn out to be true! I really want the idea of the project to be successful! I can not wait to try these glasses

I really think it will. It will not be a quick one, but may take years. Given that Lucyd will be a pioneer in this space and with patents, this has a long way to go.

For sure a long term investment and really good with the patents.
Activity: 625
Merit: 125

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Why the need and use of a token? Couldn't this project been done without a tokensale? Please elaborate on this matter.

John, a couple reasons to say at least. LCD will  facilitate rapid peer-to-peer transactions in the Lucyd AR world (which we think is going to be more efficient than traditional payment system), and will be used to organically motivate user and developer engagement with Lucyd Lens. It accomplishes this through the Lucyd Lab blockchain, on which new AR content & apps are registered. Blocks then release LCD to developers based on user ratings of their content, and to users based on their feedback to the developer community, and participation in ads and promotions. LCD can be used to purchase AR products from Lucyd and other developers, as well as bought and sold on token exchanges. With the broad app ecosystem in place, why wouldnt you want to create your own currency if you could? We believe the Blockchain will enable Lucyd to grow exponentially, faster and more efficiently that if we relied on traditional solutions. Let us know your thoughts.

LCD will  facilitate rapid peer-to-peer transactions in the Lucyd AR world = you could use existing crypto payment systems for this, you have to exchange anyway if it's only meant for your platform.
LCD as reward for devellopment is only good from one side and not much of use on user aspect of the token.

You have to build in a more unique functionality for the user imo. And how are you guys going to make money? What's the businessmodel behind the token? Not sure if your current plans will work out...

Existing crypto and fiat transfers won’t be as fast as LCD transfers because they rely on external financial networks, sites and hardware, whereas LCD transfers are instantaneous for Lens wearers because they use Lucyd’s blockchain only and are performed entirely in-Lens. Also, LCD is more practical for certain microtransactions such as in-app purchases, which are not practical to use even .01 ETH for, such as “gems” in a game. LCD is also rewarded to regular users of Lucyd Lens, in exchange for their community contributions such as beta participations, user ratings, user reviews and bug reporting. But the automated developer rewards released by the blockchain are the most integral LCD function for growing the Lens rapidly. Developers will be rewarded based on the quality of their content, and can instantly cash out their LCD or use it to buy new developer tools and hardware from Lucyd.

There are literally unlimited uses of practical smartglasses like we are trying to build. Ending distracted driving is one of our main goals, as well as making day to day tasks easier. Lucyd plans to generate revenue both from hardware and software sales, as well as by owning the app ecosystem accessed via the Lens, and taking an extremely small network fee from every LCD transaction.

Don't think time will be much of an issue in the near future with the coming off-chain solutions. Still don't see much use for the token holder except for the payment solution. Also what would increase the price of the token? Sorry to be critical, love the product, but not much added value in the token itself to increase tokenprice.

In terms of driving up token value, we think the ease of use of our native token in the AR world of Lucyd Lens is enough. If it's naturally easier to send money to a friend, buy AR products, and purchase in-app microtransactions with LCD, there will be increasing demand for it. Also, even though LCD isn't a security, it sort of acts like shares in Lucyd because we can give cash bonuses and promotions to token holders.

Utility tokens are the rage now and this also keeps it at arm's length from regulator like the SEC but still offer potent enough incentives for investors to hold them and consumers to use them in house to purchase the products offered in LUCYD. It really is a win-win for all parties, especially with the patented technology and intellectual property here.
Why the need and use of a token? Couldn't this project been done without a tokensale? Please elaborate on this matter.

John, a couple reasons to say at least. LCD will  facilitate rapid peer-to-peer transactions in the Lucyd AR world (which we think is going to be more efficient than traditional payment system), and will be used to organically motivate user and developer engagement with Lucyd Lens. It accomplishes this through the Lucyd Lab blockchain, on which new AR content & apps are registered. Blocks then release LCD to developers based on user ratings of their content, and to users based on their feedback to the developer community, and participation in ads and promotions. LCD can be used to purchase AR products from Lucyd and other developers, as well as bought and sold on token exchanges. With the broad app ecosystem in place, why wouldnt you want to create your own currency if you could? We believe the Blockchain will enable Lucyd to grow exponentially, faster and more efficiently that if we relied on traditional solutions. Let us know your thoughts.

LCD will  facilitate rapid peer-to-peer transactions in the Lucyd AR world = you could use existing crypto payment systems for this, you have to exchange anyway if it's only meant for your platform.
LCD as reward for devellopment is only good from one side and not much of use on user aspect of the token.

You have to build in a more unique functionality for the user imo. And how are you guys going to make money? What's the businessmodel behind the token? Not sure if your current plans will work out...

Existing crypto and fiat transfers won’t be as fast as LCD transfers because they rely on external financial networks, sites and hardware, whereas LCD transfers are instantaneous for Lens wearers because they use Lucyd’s blockchain only and are performed entirely in-Lens. Also, LCD is more practical for certain microtransactions such as in-app purchases, which are not practical to use even .01 ETH for, such as “gems” in a game. LCD is also rewarded to regular users of Lucyd Lens, in exchange for their community contributions such as beta participations, user ratings, user reviews and bug reporting. But the automated developer rewards released by the blockchain are the most integral LCD function for growing the Lens rapidly. Developers will be rewarded based on the quality of their content, and can instantly cash out their LCD or use it to buy new developer tools and hardware from Lucyd.

There are literally unlimited uses of practical smartglasses like we are trying to build. Ending distracted driving is one of our main goals, as well as making day to day tasks easier. Lucyd plans to generate revenue both from hardware and software sales, as well as by owning the app ecosystem accessed via the Lens, and taking an extremely small network fee from every LCD transaction.

Don't think time will be much of an issue in the near future with the coming off-chain solutions. Still don't see much use for the token holder except for the payment solution. Also what would increase the price of the token? Sorry to be critical, love the product, but not much added value in the token itself to increase tokenprice.

In terms of driving up token value, we think the ease of use of our native token in the AR world of Lucyd Lens is enough. If it's naturally easier to send money to a friend, buy AR products, and purchase in-app microtransactions with LCD, there will be increasing demand for it.
Are you guys also planning different models of the glasses in the future?

At first just white and black, but eventually a variety of frame styles and power levels.
I read a lot of comments about this project. And I also had some doubts about how these glasses will work specifically. Everything is beautiful in the picture, but everything will be still unclear in life. But I hope that everything will turn out, because the idea is actually interesting.

Lucyd Lens will dynamically adapt to the task at hand, with different interface styles for real-world and AR focal points. See the new interfaces video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv1kMJ0SjLA&t=28s
Lol

Photoshop project

You couldn't be more wrong. Lucyd has 13 exclusive AR patents and a team of world class optics experts to build the first user-friendly, mass market smartglasses. Our technology addresses the major shortcomings in the AR space, such as incompatibility with Rx lenses and narrow EFVs (enhanced fields of view).
it seems the primary goal is to build a glass, but also say LCD facilitate rapid peer-to-peer transactions in the Lucyd AR world, so which on first?

Hi, actually we're building both--an AR smartglass, Lucyd Lens, and an Ethereum blockchain ecosystem called Lucyd Lab to power it with content.
Pages:
Jump to: