Author

Topic: [ANN]🔥 LUNYR 🔥 Decentralized World Knowledge Base on Ethereum / OPEN BETA 🚀 - page 120. (Read 297427 times)

Activity: 306
Merit: 250
Guys can we keep this small and not share it on Social media much because if we want a profitable ICO, don't invite your friends, invite your friends AFTER the ICO.

LOL. The purpose of sharing this on social media to spread the word about Lunyr is to help the crowdsale succeed. If the crowdsale achieves its goal, the bounty pool is maximized and the pie gets larger. Each participant gets a larger slice as a result. In the end, everyone wins. The reverse may happen if everyone decides to "keep this small". Wink

You're right, if we promote for the project, we should spread the word everywhere, the success of LUNYR can make many campaign participants rich. Good sign.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Lunyr - Decentralized World Knowledge Base
Guys can we keep this small and not share it on Social media much because if we want a profitable ICO, don't invite your friends, invite your friends AFTER the ICO.

LOL. The purpose of sharing this on social media to spread the word about Lunyr is to help the crowdsale succeed. If the crowdsale achieves its goal, the bounty pool is maximized and the pie gets larger. Each participant gets a larger slice as a result. In the end, everyone wins. The reverse may happen if everyone decides to "keep this small". Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

Defeats the purpose of bounties, LOLZ   Lips sealed
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
About the crowd sale, will there be any first day bonus or or some early investor structure?
Activity: 75
awesome team composition and excellent communication. this is project is a clear winner for me. their success will easily result in mass adoption of ethereum. i'm really excited about this project.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
That is just awesome update about the joining of Dr. Greg Colvin as advisory member which will show its impact for sure. This is indeed a big name which will boost trust and vouch this whole project. What I am expecting now after this is many more surprising names to be seen around in coming days.
Activity: 358
reserved, its look good project with explain about roadmap..
I like every interesting project  with eth tokens . Almost every one good project using eth blockchain will be in top marcetcap.

But believe me there will be many empty and useless projects, I think this will not be so.
Activity: 504
I like every interesting project  with eth tokens . Almost every one good project using eth blockchain will be in top marcetcap.
Activity: 868
Merit: 267
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Activity: 95
Lunyr - Decentralized World Knowledge Base
Update March 20, 2017: We'd like to announce our new advisory board member, Dr. Greg Colvin, who works on the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) for the Ethereum Foundation. See his biography in the OP.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
What will be done to the unsold tokens in ICO? Will they be burned? Minimum is 1 million tokens and maximum is 11 million. If only minimum is sold - thats 10 million left.

The crowdsale is programmed into the Ethereum token contract. We aren't holding onto 10 million LUN and selling them to purchasers. In fact, zero LUN exist at the start of the  crowdsale. The LUN token contract creates LUN for purchasers when ETH is sent to it during the crowdsale period. When the crowdsale period ends or when the cap is reached, the smart contract stops allowing token creation. This is also why only ETH is accepted.

If implemented correctly, with a great team and devs as well as good marketing this thing could take off.
It's a long way, though. There is a good chance I will invest in this ICO, but will have to do some research on the team first when I find the time.

If it is the team you are concerned about, the composition of the team will win you over. I believe they have the capacity to deliver on their promises. Another ICO you don't want to miss out on
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
What will be done to the unsold tokens in ICO? Will they be burned? Minimum is 1 million tokens and maximum is 11 million. If only minimum is sold - thats 10 million left.

The crowdsale is programmed into the Ethereum token contract. We aren't holding onto 10 million LUN and selling them to purchasers. In fact, zero LUN exist at the start of the  crowdsale. The LUN token contract creates LUN for purchasers when ETH is sent to it during the crowdsale period. When the crowdsale period ends or when the cap is reached, the smart contract stops allowing token creation. This is also why only ETH is accepted.

If implemented correctly, with a great team and devs as well as good marketing this thing could take off.
It's a long way, though. There is a good chance I will invest in this ICO, but will have to do some research on the team first when I find the time.
Activity: 139
Check out LUNYR at https://lunyr.com

Activity: 343
I am watching this thread now.Also joined bounty campaign.Project seems to be a good one,i am surely gonna put some btc on it.
Best wishes for ICO campaign.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Everything you want, is everything you need.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
By the time ICO start, the price of the Ethereum may be calmed down.

Of course the price is yet to be stable, but we all know that volatility is one part of Altcoins market, increase in price of Ether is a good thing for developers on Ethereum platform because most of their fund is in Ethers
This project could have a lot of potential.
My main question is: How do you plan to be more attractive than wikipedia when there will be advertisements?

Definitly watching for the ICO, will you only accept ETH or BTC as well?

I think there's a built in assumption here. What problem specifically do you see with ads?

Only ETH since the crowdsale uses a smart contract.
Indeed, my assumption is: People prefere any website / content without ads if they have the choice.
Therefore this project needs an additional incentive to get people from established platforms, especially wikipedia, to move to an alternative. This would be a challange even without ads.

I think it will be accepted as long as readers receive more value than the cost of their attention. Bitcointalk, Reddit, Youtube, Quora, and even Google search has ads but people still use it because the tradeoff is worth it and having an internal economy helps the ecosystem overall. That said, one huge advantage of this platform is that there will be a lot more content you can't find elsewhere and much higher quality, peer-reviewed content since people are rewarded for their efforts. Content contributors are willing to go to greater lengths when they're rewarded. Also, it's not a stretch to say that you can cite these articles in academics since all submitted information requires a source.
Activity: 358
By the time ICO start, the price of the Ethereum may be calmed down.
I also am concerned with the roadmap and the length of time required to produce a viable site...
Will there be any probability of launching the beta version before 2018?
I really think that reducing this timeframe will be a benefit for raising funds and attracting investors.

This timeline was actually created with feedback from key leaders in the Ethereum community. Dapps are much like financial applications where insufficient testing could result in huge tragic and unrecoverable losses. The first testnet release is in 2017 and will have upgrades along the way.
Jump to: