Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN - page 99. (Read 283116 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
Not all of us can sit in and monitor a chat room all day. And I don't understand the difference of discussing it there vs discussing it here, I think we can get wider participation here. Please feel free to disagree with my posts. I hope my ideas are taken constructively as I am a supporter of this coin and I want it to succeed. If you have ideas about how to improve the price and what the plans are that would be a great discussion. Take advantage of me, you're getting free advice from an MBA.
Activity: 252
Merit: 120
Stop selling into the buys. All they are doing is doubling their money off you by instantly listing it on the other side of the spread

Any of you selling into buys now are just stifling increase and screwing yourself

I know you insist and believe that everyone who owns M coin monitors this thread and will see your post, and perhaps they will, but the reality is that there are a lot of people who make a good deal of profit in trading these alt coins around. You're never going to convince anyone not to play the spread and price swings if the primary purpose of their holding M coin is to profit it from it (and who isn't here to profit?).

You're not going to get any sustained increase in the price by convincing or even just asking people not to sell. You won't be able to artificially inflate the price by getting sellers to whithhold sell orders for a little while. You can't just get rid of the sell orders, you have to give someone a reason to pay 2x, 3x, or 4x current prices for an M coin. You have to expect that every time there is a surge in price you will have a surge of sell activity as holders lock in profits. To increase price you have to increase demand for M coin organically. Give people a reason to buy, own, or hold M coin.  If all you can do with it is participate in an ocassional raffle then it isn't good for anything except playing the margins and price swings on Bittrex, and that's what people are doing.

Much of Bitcoin's value comes from being able to spend it in quite a few places. Are you working on any merchant acceptance for M coin?

Don't get me wrong, I want the value to go up as much as anyone else. But we all have to be realistic about what drives prices and markets.

You're right. It's much better if they see a long term supporter criticizing every decision (publicly, rather than on IRC where we can discuss the issue) we make as the first reply   Roll Eyes
Stop selling into the buys. All they are doing is doubling their money off you by instantly listing it on the other side of the spread

Any of you selling into buys now are just stifling increase and screwing yourself

I know you insist and believe that everyone who owns M coin monitors this thread and will see your post, and perhaps they will, but the reality is that there are a lot of people who make a good deal of profit in trading these alt coins around. You're never going to convince anyone not to play the spread and price swings if the primary purpose of their holding M coin is to profit it from it (and who isn't here to profit?).

You're not going to get any sustained increase in the price by convincing or even just asking people not to sell. You won't be able to artificially inflate the price by getting sellers to whithhold sell orders for a little while. You can't just get rid of the sell orders, you have to give someone a reason to pay 2x, 3x, or 4x current prices for an M coin. You have to expect that every time there is a surge in price you will have a surge of sell activity as holders lock in profits. To increase price you have to increase demand for M coin organically. Give people a reason to buy, own, or hold M coin.  If all you can do with it is participate in an ocassional raffle then it isn't good for anything except playing the margins and price swings on Bittrex, and that's what people are doing.

Much of Bitcoin's value comes from being able to spend it in quite a few places. Are you working on any merchant acceptance for M coin?

Don't get me wrong, I want the value to go up as much as anyone else. But we all have to be realistic about what drives prices and markets.

I have noted that about 50% of stakes are not accepted

Is it normal ?

I have a few orphans, too. Not many, though
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I have noted that about 50% of stakes are not accepted

Is it normal ?

I don't think we have done one thing you like
That's probably true. Maybe I am too opinionated. But the last comments are the result of my struggles to Google information about the next raffle. I can't be the only one, but maybe I am. Just passing on my experiences.

you hate us Wink

I hope not  Sad  We work very, very hard

I think he meant the other guy

Yes, but we don't want anyone to hate us!
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
That's probably true. Maybe I am too opinionated. But the last comments are the result of my struggles to Google information about the next raffle. I can't be the only one, but maybe I am. Just passing on my experiences.

you hate us Wink

I think he meant the other guy

you hate us Wink

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012
Europecoin Financecloud API

you hate us Wink

I will probably start a new one this week sometime
I'm starting to think that the new name is a mistake, and here's why:
1. I can't remember how to spell it correctly.
2. I can't say it properly or tell anyone about it because it's difficult to say and I can't tell them how to spell it.

I'd never expect it to ever change again, but please consider this. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

On another note, what is the status of the next raffle? I know you're waiting to hear from the winner on the last raffle (unless I haven't heard otherwise), but I'm not sure why that should impact further proceedings. We should proceed as if it has been claimed and deal with it in another couple weeks if there's been no claim.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/audio.php?file=maieut01&word=maieutic&text=%5Cm%C4%81-%CB%88y%C3%BC-tik%2C%20m%C4%AB-%5C
Yes, I know. I still can't remember how to say it. And no one knows the word if I say it to them. Using a word that 99.9% of the population doesn't know is not a good marketing decision.

2. I can't say it properly or tell anyone about it because it's difficult to say and I can't tell them how to spell it.

I'd never expect it to ever change again, but please consider this. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

On another note, what is the status of the next raffle? I know you're waiting to hear from the winner on the last raffle (unless I haven't heard otherwise), but I'm not sure why that should impact further proceedings. We should proceed as if it has been claimed and deal with it in another couple weeks if there's been no claim.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/audio.php?file=maieut01&word=maieutic&text=%5Cm%C4%81-%CB%88y%C3%BC-tik%2C%20m%C4%AB-%5C
Yes, I know. I still can't remember how to say it. And no one knows the word if I say it to them. Using a word that 99.9% of the population doesn't know is not a good marketing decision.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."
Looks like the extra hash paid off   Cool Grin Cool
Activity: 350
https://cryptassist.io
Here are the TX's from today's payouts.
They are smaller then 1k so only the 0.01 M fee was taken from each.

http://mmxiv.blockexplorer.cc/tx/2a337574c445e249573c74169288d431a6d403a1649f2009f208df656e7a2fdd
I don't know how to really interpret that. There are a lot of payments in the .04 range. What kind of fee are they losing? Because if it is .01 or .02, that is very significant.

Since it's all "one big tx" only 0.01 TOTAL is lost. (as show in the top of the page).

You can also look at the raw tx, and see that the numbers all match up.

http://mmxiv.blockexplorer.cc/tx/2a337574c445e249573c74169288d431a6d403a1649f2009f208df656e7a2fdd
I don't know how to really interpret that. There are a lot of payments in the .04 range. What kind of fee are they losing? Because if it is .01 or .02, that is very significant.
Activity: 350
https://cryptassist.io

Pages:
Jump to: