Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN Mandatory update FLAP FINAL Miners to share BILLIONS of Coins 10 days !SWAP! - page 39. (Read 40444 times)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100
People who do not have a mine will look so far and can't get into the door. I hope you can quickly set up market promotion activities
uBm
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
@hanzou
i strongly recommend setting persist to true.

Reason: p2pool is ment as peer to peer pool solution.
setting persist to false is like havin a peer to peer network but everyone is on its own.
Persist false is ment for testnet activies - or for building a big second masternetwork/ Solo mining.

+ for p2pool persist true: everyone (nodes) shares hish hashpower into the shared pool, everyone gets his share/coins.
this is the real idea behind p2pool.
os even if there are 20 nodes, everyone has its own p2pool node, they would together work on the network to keep it up and against a 51% atack/hardfork.

Hi, So i've got the pool running and there aren't any problems that I can identify. Do you think I should change the configs to be True? Interested to hear if that's the best choice..
u might see it if anyone else (or even you yourself) starts a second instance of your p2pool ,
those would be two separate p2pool networks, each one mining on its own.
they do not connect to each other when persist is set to false. they shoudl however work as one when setting persist to true on both (or more) instances. the good thing on persist true is if a node is going down, you failover node on the same p2pool network has also your shares coutned in, so you will not lose any coin you have mined.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
From what I can tell p2pool sets the multi-recipient payouts directly in the block reward tx, so it isn't subject to any transaction fee there. I'm not sure why other pooling software would do anything different.

I need all you miners and pool operators to start to prepare for a wallet update the simple fix
is to bump up the reward so the smallest block possibility is higher

Well the simpler fix that we are already applying is to remove the insanely high transaction fees. That's ticket https://github.com/Flapmin/Flappy5/issues/1 and it doesn't require a hard fork like raising the block reward. Active users here have already edited their flappycoin.conf accordingly.
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
Me and hanzou might actually have also just gotten a p2pool operating. Just testing a few more things but due to his work I think its almost good to go. Just testing the last steps.

can i set up a time with you guys to do a update . small one but you will need to recompile
because of where flappy is going i want to bump up the bottom of the payout scale to 500 coins
up from thats where it will end up eventually anyway following the new scale i can go ahead and lay out
the block reward for the next month, then for the swap, then for the foreseeable ever after ,
make a checkpoint,block old wallets and call it 5.1 most of the changes in 6 are gui based they will plug in
no problems on top of it later

so to anyone running a pool i have found the issue . your payouts must be less then the block size
its a problem with the math and the block reward as is

so your pool mines a 49 coin block or two or three lets say 3

you set a payout of 100 coins .

this payout requires additional fees per inputs ( you need 3 inputs to get the 100 coins payout)

if your seeing what i am this 100 coin payout now costs right about 110.3 coins to pay out

its a losing situation set your payouts to 40 coins min and set a reward of 3.75% back to the pool payout
wallet its a temporary fix but you shell will stop looking like xmasss get it red lines green lines lol

I need all you miners and pool operators to start to prepare for a wallet update the simple fix

for example 1000 coin block tx fee is set at 3.75 one input
10 X 100 coins ten inputs is 37.5 coins

no pool can live like that nore can the network . i did not see this problem
as first as i had kickied the block reward back up for the first 50k blocks ....

working on it

ok same deal though not nearly as bad ... working on fix ... id like to implement it at the same
time as the rest of the updates its hard to get people to get the new wallet all at the same time soo
i think ill put a lead up to the fix in the new wallet for a soft update .. may or may not be plausible however i can do
a quick fix for this issue only and bump up the payout if i can get the p2p pool on it at the same time

Hey, I know theres an issue with the transaction fees, but I think the p2pool I have is working to a point I'd consider operational. Eventually if you release a wallet/daemon fix I can update at anytime. Let me know when you have something prepared and I'll update right away.

will do .. the pool is operational but i have to run in there and combine blocks
ill get back to you soon
Activity: 52
Me and hanzou might actually have also just gotten a p2pool operating. Just testing a few more things but due to his work I think its almost good to go. Just testing the last steps.

can i set up a time with you guys to do a update . small one but you will need to recompile
because of where flappy is going i want to bump up the bottom of the payout scale to 500 coins
up from thats where it will end up eventually anyway following the new scale i can go ahead and lay out
the block reward for the next month, then for the swap, then for the foreseeable ever after ,
make a checkpoint,block old wallets and call it 5.1 most of the changes in 6 are gui based they will plug in

so to anyone running a pool i have found the issue . your payouts must be less then the block size

this payout requires additional fees per inputs ( you need 3 inputs to get the 100 coins payout)

if your seeing what i am this 100 coin payout now costs right about 110.3 coins to pay out

its a losing situation set your payouts to 40 coins min and set a reward of 3.75% back to the pool payout
wallet its a temporary fix but you shell will stop looking like xmasss get it red lines green lines lol

as first as i had kickied the block reward back up for the first 50k blocks ....

working on it

ok same deal though not nearly as bad ... working on fix ... id like to implement it at the same
time as the rest of the updates its hard to get people to get the new wallet all at the same time soo
i think ill put a lead up to the fix in the new wallet for a soft update .. may or may not be plausible however i can do
a quick fix for this issue only and bump up the payout if i can get the p2p pool on it at the same time

Hey, I know theres an issue with the transaction fees, but I think the p2pool I have is working to a point I'd consider operational. Eventually if you release a wallet/daemon fix I can update at anytime. Let me know when you have something prepared and I'll update right away.

working on it

Watch your tx fees folks, some poor slob just paid me 2200 in fees to move 5000 coins...

I am mining with reduced fee threshold, but if your wallet sends the big fee anyway it's gonna get mined that way...

thats probably my pool its having issues with payouts im remember something now about one of the wallet compile being set high on fees i wonder if that is the issue im having

im fairly sure its my pool doing that its just me mining and they go back out to the miners not crying over the coins atm

im getting this in the shell

[2017-07-24 19:32:14.895] [ERROR] [default] - Payments flappycoin Not enough funds to cover the tx fees for sending out payments, decreasing rewards by 2% and retrying

ive just set int tx fee to .01 in the deamon im not sure what is responsible for the fees im also
not sure if the pay spooler takes the new fee automatically or if it only applies to new payments i guess ill
know in 120 min  is anyone has in incite let me know 

i think im also going to list the paying adress as i understand it and add it to the reward address and turn on a fee
only this is inputs to that aresss are also subject to fees

Watch your tx fees folks, some poor slob just paid me 2200 in fees to move 5000 coins...

I am mining with reduced fee threshold, but if your wallet sends the big fee anyway it's gonna get mined that way...

thats probably my pool its having issues with payouts im remember something now about one of the wallet compile being set high on fees i wonder if that is the issue im having
@hanzou

setting persist to false is like havin a peer to peer network but everyone is on its own.
Persist false is ment for testnet activies - or for building a big second masternetwork/ Solo mining.

+ for p2pool persist true: everyone (nodes) shares hish hashpower into the shared pool, everyone gets his share/coins.
os even if there are 20 nodes, everyone has its own p2pool node, they would together work on the network to keep it up and against a 51% atack/hardfork.

Hi, So i've got the pool running and there aren't any problems that I can identify. Do you think I should change the configs to be True? Interested to hear if that's the best choice..
uBm
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
@hanzou

Activity: 47
Merit: 11

Activity: 38
Nice work getting UNOMP up and running, Flapmin.

i allready tried to setup a p2pool node, but havent got it running yet, could you guys point me to your github repo ?

https://github.com/hanzou-x/p2pool
You'd probably want to then set Persist = False and point to wailord284's node as a p2pool peer.

one Question: as it seems, flappy was originally created from litecoin source, is it possible to get the code to the actual codebase ?

I think it was forked off around this point: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/tree/v0.8.7.1
Is that what you're asking? Unsure because your post mentioned p2pool, the crawler, and the wallet as well!
Im going to throw my asic on the adress that they payments are suppose to be comming from to see if i can give it  boost
OK Sounds good. I have a 350kh asic and have been testing my own p2pool with variable difficulty. Let me know how yours works out!

when your ready to cut it loose lets get it up in the links,
yep 11 coins in wallet trowing 2 mh in there overnight that should seed the payouts just fine
fyi i have my 2MH on 5555 running nicely only issue im having is despite running
sudo forever start init.js i cant close the shell i think i remember this being a known issue
anyone have the solution ?
Im going to throw my asic on the adress that they payments are suppose to be comming from to see if i can give it  boost
OK Sounds good. I have a 350kh asic and have been testing my own p2pool with variable difficulty. Let me know how yours works out!
[2017-07-24 03:47:14.248] [ERROR] [default] - Payments flappycoin Not enough funds to cover the tx fees for sending out payments, decreasing retrying ...guess ill need to turn them up a lil more

very cool
Ive got this one up for now and got it stable for cpu usage
been a long day about to update the info

Awesome dude! Good work all around. Really excited to see the coin being worked on. Let me know if theres anything I can do to help you out in any way!

I can definitely use help im up to my eyes in opportunity
and only my toes in time. this is the smallest of several projects
on my plate and my community dev team is 100% honestly too
busy to help out  im looking to add 3 more members to share in
the work and spoils
Do you think you might need POSIX? It says POSIX not installed. Otherwise not sure it looks fine?

cant find the git atm

If you installed via npm then just:

sudo npm install posix

But I think all you get is quota and connection limits..

thank you i think i may start a site and do a clean install
save every extra bit of git code i need to use on the site
then see if i can make a script or .bat to fetch all those packs at once
Pages:
Jump to: