Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MARKS] Incentivize Content Creators & Build a Reputation Value Framework - page 24. (Read 32316 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 290
Good to see this project is still alive and rolling, holding a market on polo will be crucial...too bad they disabled the chatbox though. To me that was one of the best ways for bitmark to be seen and utilized.

You guys know if they will ever bring it back?

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

http://www.smilingmining.com/

Server location in Germany
Fee is 1%

SCRYPT

Code:
URL/HOST:stratum+tcp://smilingmining.com:3433
USERNAME:
PASSWORD:c=MARKS

FOR NICEHASH USE
Code:
PORT:9433

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X17

Code:
URL/HOST:stratum+tcp://smilingmining.com:3737
USERNAME:
PASSWORD:c=MARKS-X

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LYRA2V2

Code:
URL/HOST:stratum+tcp://smilingmining.com:4533
USERNAME:
PASSWORD:c=MARKS-L

FOR NICEHASH USE
Code:
PORT:8533

YESCRYPT

Code:
URL/HOST:stratum+tcp://smilingmining.com:6233
USERNAME:
PASSWORD:c=MARKS-Y

Smiley
Activity: 483
Merit: 104
Hi dbkeys!

When is the v0.9.7 version for Windows released?

Windows Wallets:

Win64:

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/releases/download/v0.9.7.0/bitmark-0.9.7-win64-setup.exe

Win32:

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/releases/download/v0.9.7.0/bitmark-0.9.7-win32-setup.exe

CheckSums (shasum -a 256)
49a10a1240f2953a5519c83f944a0169a07986314e97e2e4e151ff607ae19ea3 bitmark-0.9.5-win32-rc1.setup.exe
76c0abb680ab867d6253c284cfcb0618d9c4e1e0039dd70da859d51006f137c7 bitmark-0.9.5-win64-rc1.setup.

--

Wallets for MacOS and binaries for Raspberry Pi are next.

It seems my wallet has a problem "out of sync" 7 day (s) behind. Huh

It might be necessary to open the wallet with more rights. Have this report from Candy Erdmann on Slack:
" I have opened the program with full access rights and now its synchronizes"

Also, make sure to connect to v0.9.7 nodes. Here is a list for your bitmark.conf file:

Code:
addnode=108.170.1.134
addnode=139.162.122.138
addnode=139.162.128.92
addnode=139.162.232.242
addnode=169.0.84.73
addnode=172.104.157.27
addnode=173.255.252.140
addnode=204.68.122.12
addnode=204.68.122.40
addnode=216.240.168.226
addnode=216.240.168.227
addnode=216.240.168.228
addnode=42.118.134.98
addnode=79.143.180.57
addnode=85.10.51.66
addnode=94.189.240.43
addnode=94.23.33.83
addnode=95.90.243.191
Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Hi dbkeys!

Windows Wallets:

Win64:

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/releases/download/v0.9.7.0/bitmark-0.9.7-win64-setup.exe

Win32:

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/releases/download/v0.9.7.0/bitmark-0.9.7-win32-setup.exe

49a10a1240f2953a5519c83f944a0169a07986314e97e2e4e151ff607ae19ea3 bitmark-0.9.5-win32-rc1.setup.exe
76c0abb680ab867d6253c284cfcb0618d9c4e1e0039dd70da859d51006f137c7 bitmark-0.9.5-win64-rc1.setup.

--

It seems my wallet has a problem "out of sync" 7 day (s) behind. Huh
Hi dbkeys!

Windows Wallets:

Win64:

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/releases/download/v0.9.7.0/bitmark-0.9.7.1-RC1-win64-setup.exe

Win32:

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/releases/download/v0.9.7.0/bitmark-0.9.7.1-RC1-win32-setup.exe

4bdb6cd4035ae3b8f9cadbd4d36bd98f8d690cc422e30ae86f66db32bb74350e  bitmark-0.9.7.1-RC1-win64-setup.exe
4e5abccbe39793d9187ac551b59acd5c1cda1ddefa7c39e7780b572ee3e8b95a  bitmark-0.9.7.1-RC1-win32-setup.exe

--

Activity: 163
Hi dbkeys!

Bitmark v0.9.7.0  is now available.  

Source code is available on github:

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark.git  

Binaries for Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial Xerus" CLI nodes are also available on the Release page:

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/releases/tag/v0.9.7.0

Wallets
Release Candidate 1 (RC1) wallets for Windows are available and soon to follow for MacOS & leading Linux versions.

Fork is Active !

Please upgrade your nodes / wallets to v0.9.7 as soon as possible.

Fork Activation will occur when 75 out of the last 100 blocks signal support
Support is signaled with v4 blocks, used by Bitmark v0.9.7  

New Features:

1) Difficulty Adujstment: custom DGWv3
Mining Difficulty will be regulated by a custom Dark Gravity Wave v3, aided by a hashrate Surge Protector and Resurrector functions. The Surge Protector comes into play if there is a string of 9 blocks in-a-row by the same algorithm.  The Resurrector activates whenever an algorith has not contributed blocks for over 160 minutes, something that is extremely unlikely to happen if the difficulty is well matched to hashrate.

2) Multiple Proof-of-Work Algorithms: 8 mPoW
Additional proof-of-work algorithms will be able to contribute blocks to the Bitmark blockchain. The complete list of algorithms is (SCrypt, SHA256d, Yescrypt, Argon2d, X17, Lyra2REv2, Equihash and Cryptonight). This means that miners will be able to mine Bitmark not only with Scrypt but with these additonal algos too, several of which are ASIC-resistant, thus democratizing the mininig and putting an end to the selfish-mining situations we have faced in the past.

3) Coin Emission Modulation: CEM v0.1
Bitmark v0.9.7.0 also introduces Coin Emission Modulation,  (CEM v0.1) which modulates up to 1/2 the mining subsidy (block reward) by reducing that half proportionately by the ratio of current hashrate to peak hashrate ( as experienced within the last year).  The rationale behind this is to reduce coin emission when demand is relatively low (as sensed by reduced hashrate) and only emit the epoch's full reward when hashrate is at its peak.
    Regardless of hashrate, 50% of the epoch's full block subsidy (1/2 of 15 MARKS or 7.5 MARKS currently) is always given, to reward loyal miners supporting the Bitmark blockchain through low and high demand periods.
When will you rename the coin on poloniex ?

Bitmark will still be called "Bitmark", but we are changing the ticker symbol to MARKS (from the old BTM).   Cryptopia.co.nz already has us actively trading and listed as MARKS.  Poloniex has been advised that we wish to use the MARKS ticker symbol and they will be changing from BTM to MARKS, but they replied that the change is not trivial and may take a while. Fortunately, at Poloniex there is no confusion as there is no other coin there which uses BTM.

Poloniex is always under maintenance (it will have worked 1 week in the last 12 months). It is very strange that CRYPTOPIA has VERY lower exchange rates than Poloniex, the current value of BITMARK is not truthful. In the real life is said to be an insider trading, in cryptocurrencies there are no laws or rules and this currency is proof of this.

If I understand correctly, Poloniex has said that as soon as the new fork code is ready they will re-enable deposits and withdrawals. Once this happens, I imagine that the price will harmonize between the various exchanges; if not, that would present excellent arbitrage opportunities.
will it be necessary to replace my old BTM with a new MARKS?
or will it not be necessary?

No, the blockchain is the same. It's just that on exchanges we will be using the ticker symbol MARKS instead of BTM.
Activity: 2
When will you rename the coin on poloniex ?

Bitmark will still be called "Bitmark", but we are changing the ticker symbol to MARKS (from the old BTM).   Cryptopia.co.nz already has us actively trading and listed as MARKS.  Poloniex has been advised that we wish to use the MARKS ticker symbol and they will be changing from BTM to MARKS, but they replied that the change is not trivial and may take a while. Fortunately, at Poloniex there is no confusion as there is no other coin there which uses BTM.

Poloniex is always under maintenance (it will have worked 1 week in the last 12 months). It is very strange that CRYPTOPIA has VERY lower exchange rates than Poloniex, the current value of BITMARK is not truthful. In the real life is said to be an insider trading, in cryptocurrencies there are no laws or rules and this currency is proof of this.
Activity: 34
will it be necessary to replace my old BTM with a new MARKS?
or will it not be necessary?
Would naming it MARKS be a little confusing? Because currently BTM wallet on about to send some coins states that 1000 MARK is 1 BTM.

The original documentation of the project calls 0.001 of a bitmark 'marks', true.

Since we are adopting as our  new ticker symbols MARKS,   it makes sense to refer to whole coins as *marks* or *bitmarks*.  

We will update the documentation to reflect this, and deprecate the use of 'marks' for any subunits.  

For 1/1000 subunits, we can use  ' markbits ';  or we could get creative and call them ' markoshis ' or ' bitoshis ',    but,  in any case,   officialy "marks" should be reserved to mean only whole coins.
Activity: 630
Merit: 503
Any news with the fork and new bitmark core 0.9.7?

We are working on implementation details of the Coin Emission Modulation algo. (We need to be sure that the new block subsidy policies are consistent across machine architectures.)

Once the fork code is finalized, we will post here and on the forums.  We will have pre-compiled binaries for Windows, MacOS and Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04).

The fork will address the major issue which has been hindering the blockchain with Dark Gravity Wave v3 governing the mining difficulty factor.  

Once  v0.9.7's new operative rules are activated, (ie, the fork happens) then :

1) Mining Difficulty will be regulated by Dark Gravity Wave v3

2) Additional proof-of-work algorithms will be able to contribute blocks to the Bitmark blockchain (SHA256d, Argon2d, Lyra2REv2, Cryptonight, Equihash, X17 and Yescrypt). This means that miners will be able to mine Bitmark not only with Scrypt but with these additonal algos too, several of which are ASIC-resistant, thus democratizing the mining and putting a definitve end to  the selfish-mining situations we have had in the past.

3) Bitmark v0.9.7 also introduces Coin Emission Modulation,  (CEM v0.1) which modulates up to 1/2 the mining subsidy (block reward) by reducing that half proportionately by the ratio of current hashrate to peak hashrate ( as experienced within the last year).  This is to reduce coin emission when demand is relatively low (as sensed by reduced hashrate) and only emit the epoch's full reward when hashrate is at its peak.
    Regardless of hashrate, 50% of the epoch's full block subsidy (1/2 of 15 MARKS or 7.5 MARKS currently) is always given, to reward loyal miners supporting the Bitmark blockchain through low and high demand periods.

The fork will happen when at least 75 of the last 100 blocks signal support for the fork.

We don't want to release any code before it is well tested. We hope this will be very soon, ( a matter of days or weeks at most) and you can see the coding progress with the regular contributions to our github's 0.9.7 branch.   When the code is vetted as ready, we will merge 0.9.7 into the the 'master' branch, compile binaries and announce the availability of Bitmark v0.9.7, and solicit the support of the mining community to adopt v0.9.7 and make the fork effective.

¡  Thanks for your patience and support  !
copper member
Activity: 42
Try pool yapool.net
projects with ideas or ideas that will be needed in the future because it will facilitate the activities of someone later, for the sale of coins I think there is no problem and quite interesting because the price of coins offered is not too expensive, what is the target price of coins when listing on the exchange?
egretia

looking at our history highs...I think 50K SAT is well within reason, and will be reached.

price there after would likely need to be re-established as higher prices become the norm.

Personally think we are way undervalued, but for obvious reasons...once development is stable and Marking is implemented, previous ATH above .001 are will within reach

(this is not advice....just my take on the projects )

I believe that in a long term, if the maximum coin supply remains the same as 27.58 million coins after the fork, Bitmark can reach well over 50K satoshis.

As a mining pool operator I always build the wallet nodes from the source and, looking into the Bitmark source code, I can tell Bitmark development is following good practices, is well documented and is alive. The developers are working every week on new source code commits on the new fork.

After the new fork resolves the issue with the high difficulty, the exchanges will be able to enable the wallets again and MARKS will be at the same level as much other coins available to trade. After that, when the first marking apps are implemented, Bitmark will become an useful tool and go far over 50K SAT.

I do not read tea cups or see the future Smiley but I do know people accept to pay well for something well done and useful. Bitmark is well done and will be useful.
Activity: 247
projects with ideas or ideas that will be needed in the future because it will facilitate the activities of someone later, for the sale of coins I think there is no problem and quite interesting because the price of coins offered is not too expensive, what is the target price of coins when listing on the exchange?
egretia

looking at our history highs...I think 50K SAT is well within reason, and will be reached.

price there after would likely need to be re-established as higher prices become the norm.

Personally think we are way undervalued, but for obvious reasons...once development is stable and Marking is implemented, previous ATH above .001 are will within reach

(this is not advice....just my take on the projects )
If i donate to BTM team 50,000 USD what u gonna do with it?

My opinion would be to accelerate development of marking applications, improve online presence and social media outreach, as well as continue to modernize and improve the core software. 

Naturally, someone with such a generous donation would have a big voice in how these funds were spent.

Additionally,

• we would seek to standardize our processes
  • Establish documentation &  wiki's, find talent to develop marketing content, secure marketing for the year
  • Find talent to develop marketing content
  • Design deliverables / time-lines, and content surrounding the management of the project
  • Broaden our reach, expand on our implementations
  • Secure at minimum 1 new platform to implement Marking
  • Secure marketing for the year

transparency would be key...and as DBKeys stated stakeholder input would be taken into consideration
We like Bitmark and we are prepared to support most algorithms.
Our team is waiting for v0.9.7.

Awesome...thanks for the support
Activity: 15
Any news with the fork and new bitmark core 0.9.7?
If i donate to BTM team 50,000 USD what u gonna do with it?

My opinion would be to accelerate development of marking applications, improve online presence and social media outreach, as well as continue to modernize and improve the core software. 

Naturally, someone with such a generous donation would have a big voice in how these funds were spent.
Pages:
Jump to: