Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Memorycoin ★ Modern CPU PoW ★ COMPLETELY GPU/ASIC FREE ★ NO Free PoS - page 13. (Read 39215 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver
how are things going on? is mmc still alive?

it's going pretty good, emre. the next issue to be solved is difficulty retargeting and coin send bug.
once these are fixed, we are going to add memorycoin to more exchanges.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
how are things going on? is mmc still alive?
Activity: 560
Insightful comments, cinnamon_carter. With this developer-paid system, putting hard work into Memorycoin will pay off in the coming future, if and when Memorycoin's value increases.

You may want to uncomment out the directorys for the libraries and dependencies required to compile Memorycoin on Windows. Maybe that will work.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Thank you very much for the answers.  I am familiar with nitrogenetics famous posts.

I will retry again when I have time.  No real urgency there since I can use the wallet you built/distributed or since memory coin is something based on your second part answer is still a cpu reliant coin which right now with what I have to use would probably run in linux on cloud 'droplets' for max effect.   I can understand that any gpu to mine this would need a lot of ram. As time goes on and ram is 'cheaper' to produce I think cards will come out that may have the ability to mine things that previously were only mined with a cpu like primecoin, riecoin and also memory coin and the others it is based on.

One advantage of an algorithm like this is that at least 'in theory' it can remain de centralized much longer as you look years into the future vs. something like sha 256 and now even scrypt 1024 or even the sha 3 candidate algorithms. (Of course I do admire the speed and lightweight nature of the blake 256 algorithm obviously from my signature)  Still..... I think it unwise for anyone to be 'closed minded' regarding different algorithms and coin systems. 

One thing I like about Memory Coin 2 that you can say about few networks.  It is a 'real' coin with 'real' developers that regularly update the code on github and are obviously not just copying something else or pulling a short term run and gun.

There are probably over 1000 alt coins now, amazing to see how fast they all popped up.

More amazing still is many that get a lot of 'talk' and 'chatter' here in the forums and the press ect.... are really obvious ponzi schemes and (pardon my language) 'shit' coins.

I believe most of this 'hype' is created to an extent by 'marketing' and posting and bumping pages here in the forum and elsewhere to create a 'false' perception that many many people are on board with a coin.  Then when a coin hits an exchange these 'developers' (most of who cannot write a line of code instead pay others to do it for them) open a few accounts on the exchange and buy their own coins back and forth to again..... create a 'fake' sense of 'value'  ......

One thing I have realized after time is if you want to find a coin that is run 'honest' look for coins with 'real' developers that are not 'obviously' buying their own coins back from the market to pump and dump it off and walk away with a profit.

I think 98% of alt coins are created with the intention of the developers 'exchanging' the coin for btc.

This is one of the few that I personally feel stands away from that category. It may take some time but eventually all the bs is going to work itself out and the only things left standing will be true /real alt coins with developers actually interested in developing a coin (vs. exchanging for btc).....

Keep up the good work.....

2 little questions to devs,

certainly not urgent but when you have time if you don't mind,

1) To compile are you using cmake or qt or what exactly to make the windows binary wallets you are distributing ?

I only tried to compile it 2x quickly the other day and got some weird errors , was using qt 4.8.6 i believe , with boost 1_55_0 , open ssl1.0.1j and the most recent qr code libraries and miniiupnpc. I was tied up at the time and figured I would have another go at it again this week.

2) Has there been any additional releases of open sourced miners with more optimizations /open  cl support ect..  in the past few months.  While I did not see any on the thread I still felt it worth asking. Thanks guys.

Windows Binary Libraries are compiled under nitrogenetic's tutorial. If you need help with the compile, you can post here.

The most optimized miner is closed source, by yvg1900. (YAM)

The only GPU miners that have ever come out were only supported by specific pools. Those pools have discontinued accepting shares for Memorycoin. They were closed source and only supported a specific amount of Video Cards (over 2G VRAM).

1) To compile are you using cmake or qt or what exactly to make the windows binary wallets you are distributing ?

I only tried to compile it 2x quickly the other day and got some weird errors , was using qt 4.8.6 i believe , with boost 1_55_0 , open ssl1.0.1j and the most recent qr code libraries and miniiupnpc. I was tied up at the time and figured I would have another go at it again this week.

2) Has there been any additional releases of open sourced miners with more optimizations /open  cl support ect..  in the past few months.  While I did not see any on the thread I still felt it worth asking. Thanks guys.

Windows Binary Libraries are compiled under nitrogenetic's tutorial. If you need help with the compile, you can post here.

The most optimized miner is closed source, by yvg1900. (YAM)

The only GPU miners that have ever come out were only supported by specific pools. Those pools have discontinued accepting shares for Memorycoin. They were closed source and only supported a specific amount of Video Cards (over 2G VRAM).
legendary

So, we need to wait for next move.

Why? You can add Memorycoin to your coins.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
today a big fat red -35% at MMC price on BTER? Why  Huh

It's simple, we, as Coaex Precious Metals sold below the market price (around 65K MMC at 980 satoshi) to support the market. Afterwards, some others dumped 10K MMC at around 600 satoshi.
Then it recovered to 950 satoshi. Now, we can buy back 700K MMC until 1200 satoshi. However, it will take some time.
For those who have been mining Memorycoin for the past few months, better hold until it reaches 3000 satoshi. This is Memorycoin's paid officers mid-term goal.

By the way, we have paid BlockExperts for a new blockexplorer :
http://www.blockexperts.com/mmc
Memorycoin developers (including us) have actively investing in this coin. Rest assured the developments in Memorycoin will never stop but we need more miners, more investors and more time.

Our previous blockexplorer started working again after the hardforks:
https://www.coinplorer.com/mmc

Note that Block Experts' chain has still been updating so there might be some inconsistency in the Richlist. I suppose this will be identical in the next few hours.

So, we need to wait for next move.
today a big fat red -35% at MMC price on BTER? Why  Huh

It's simple, we, as Coaex Precious Metals sold below the market price (around 65K MMC at 980 satoshi) to support the market. Afterwards, some others dumped 10K MMC at around 600 satoshi.
Then it recovered to 950 satoshi. Now, we can buy back 700K MMC until 1200 satoshi. However, it will take some time.
For those who have been mining Memorycoin for the past few months, better hold until it reaches 3000 satoshi. This is Memorycoin's paid officers mid-term goal.

By the way, we have paid BlockExperts for a new blockexplorer :
http://www.blockexperts.com/mmc
Memorycoin developers (including us) have actively investing in this coin. Rest assured the developments in Memorycoin will never stop but we need more miners, more investors and more time.

Our previous blockexplorer started working again after the hardforks:
https://www.coinplorer.com/mmc

Note that Block Experts' chain has still been updating so there might be some inconsistency in the Richlist. I suppose this will be identical in the next few hours.
legendary
i lost this thread, somehow .... when i have time i will have to build the latest wallet.... see how memory coin 2 has been doing.....

i remember the day this launched i hashed one of the first blocks solo when the reward was in ramp up...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
today a big fat red -35% at MMC price on BTER? Why  Huh
How do you guys go about nominating charities, specifically I'm interested in this: "Voted Charity receives 1% of current block rewards"?

The block-chain decides who receives the charity awards. 1% of the block-rewards are rewarded to the charity that wins the next upcoming election block.

Voter's balances are weighted in terms of electing a candidate.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
How do you guys go about nominating charities, specifically I'm interested in this: "Voted Charity receives 1% of current block rewards"?

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Bitcoin lover
When will the fork be?

We just forked a few days ago, all executables are available now.
With the new client I'm having problems on sending coins, fees are very high and I can't send any coins because of this. For example I'm trying to send 10 MMC an the client wallet says I'ts impossible because applies a 150 MMC fee.

My fees are fairly small.

What client version are you running + Build Date?
You may need to clear your block-chain if you had an earlier version of it.
I'm running v.2999.999.1-gv300003.000.000. I'll try to clear block-chain and comment later. Thanks
When will the fork be?

With the new client I'm having problems on sending coins, fees are very high and I can't send any coins because of this. For example I'm trying to send 10 MMC an the client wallet says I'ts impossible because applies a 150 MMC fee.

My fees are fairly small.

What client version are you running + Build Date?
You may need to clear your block-chain if you had an earlier version of it.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Bitcoin lover
When will the fork be?

When will the fork be?

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Hard-Fork has taken place.
Please update your clients.

Detailed and organized information about changes will be released soon.

version # ?
pls
Memorycoin

Client Version:
v3.0.001
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Hard-Fork has taken place.
Please update your clients.

Detailed and organized information about changes will be released soon.

version # ?
pls
Pages:
Jump to: